It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This USA v UK bickering has to stop.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It is back again...everynow and then a thread goes up and it just turns into a who has the bigger willy contest.
Look my nation and the USA are pals and I respect my pals from the USA and although I don't agree with some stuff which happens in the states I respect their choices, but that goes both ways.
So please lets stop it eh?
The site we all love was founded by Americans and a British dude, so If these guys can work together to make something great surely we can get along and help each other making the world a better place.
I don't mind the odd ribbing etc as long as it is in good fun but it can get really nasty at times.
Heck today I have had to berate a fellow Brit for being such a douche to some Americans.
Our granddads fought side by side in WW2 and many of you have fought side by side with each other in recent wars so lets show each of us respect eh?.
Like I said I love to have a crack and a giggle but blimey arn't we grown ups?.

Rant over carry on

Maybe we should be like our Canadian brothers or the Aussies cos they appear much more chilled lol

edit on 11-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The bickering seems to have reached an all time high: Not just among different nationalities but the division among American citizens has reached epidemic proportions. I personally don't think it's going to ever stop.

Something Evil this way comes!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

We're all people.
It doesn't matter to me what imaginary boundary where someone was born.
Nationalistic jingoism gets everyone in trouble. Respect should be shown for everyone. Even if you disagree.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Australians are so nice. That's without a doubt.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

olaru12

The bickering seems to have reached an all time high: Not just among different nationalities but the division among American citizens has reached epidemic proportions. I personally don't think it's going to ever stop.

It is called free speech and it isn't evil, just ugly.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I agree hopefully one day no nations just earthlings...I know many see that as bad and a one world government but to progress to the next stage of civilization it has to come...long after all of us are dead alas.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It should be fairly obvious, especially to the ATS membership, that the focus needs to not be on country v's country but Bankster backed Governments v's their citizens.

Never in the history of the world has this become more urgent and the propaganda machine is working overtime to ensure we collectively focus on our differences rather than our similarities.

Jobs, food, homes, money, love for your fellow brothers and sisters - the basic necessities to survive in 2014 are becoming harder and harder to attain.

We, globally, need to wake up and unite to fight against what is going on regarding our basic liberties as human beings.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Exactly! together! as one people!
I think If it starts in the USA the rest of us will follow, but people are to bothered about desperate houswives or crap like that to care.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
UK are USA's tiny right hand man, and that works for them because it gives them a foot in the door when it comes to EU issues.

The EU hates the USA and the UK is stuck in the middle of this 'he said she said' playground bull#.

Its just the way it is.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

olaru12

It started in earnest after the election of Clinton. That's the first time I saw a bumper sticker that said "dont blame me I voted for..."
AM radio ranters became FM and television personalities and were even turned into pundit/politicians. The 2000 election...the first in the modern era where popular vote didn't result in victory for Gore and a recount was halted by the Supreme Court furthered the divide as The Dub started off to what looked to be a one term repeat of his father's ilk. Then 9/11...
If you didn't Love America and War you were a terrorist. Then Obama...

So yeah. I know this has been long winded but it seems that our media is shoving it down our throats whether we like it our not.
Rise above, I say...dont pick a side and further the divide. That is what "They" dont want.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Who's in charge?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

greencmp

olaru12

It is called free speech and it isn't evil, just ugly.

Wow, the bickering has already started!!! Didn't take long did it? Even in a thread about 'bickering' we continue bickering.
I could come back with a clever, sarcastic retort but............not this time!

edit on 11-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TerrorAlertRed

Aww, man. Those pictures are so funny. Especially the first one.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Maybe we should be like our Canadian brothers or the Aussies cos they appear much more chilled lol

edit on 11-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

My theory is that they are drunker than I...and for that, I hate 'em.

Kidding Guys and Gals! Kidding! Stop throwing beer bottles at me!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
But....but....I kind of like razzing the britts. I think they sort of like razzing me too.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

We would razz you anytime sweetie
lol.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Spot on, Boymonkey, it's a wang size contest, and Americans dislike losing it. Now, I'm not bickering, I'm pointing out the obvious. I try to avoid competing with other nationalities, because often times, it's a neon sign obvious lose to even try, while others, it matters not in the long run.

I can take pointing out America's flaws & drawbacks out no problemo, just like the Brits, Canucks, and Aussies do. What's everyone else's excuse?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Indeed.
I am laughing foremost over the 'Muricah cartoons. Because after all, this is how we are seen globally, and how some of us also recognize we are seen.

It is to say as well, how horribly awful, and am so glad I am an American and not a 'Murican. haha
I am though, an American with UK roots on both sides of my family. Not to mention, where do Americans think they came from?

Funny thing, that America is such a teenager in the world yet so bossy and mean. haha
I was just looking at this the other day:

Where Did YOU Come from?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here is a great video about our special relationship

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Nyiah
What's everyone else's excuse?

Um...I've been drinkin'?
OK...no excuse.

But for the most part, I successfully navigated the country bashing threads. I just don't like them, and chances are you're not going to change any ones mind either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join