It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This USA v UK bickering has to stop.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Three guesses which thread this was lol

By the way, the OP of that thread has invited to vet to join the debate, he personally e-mailed him and informed the mods!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Wasn't the flag thread. That one just had banter in. It was a different one posted yesterday one about the usa n their gunz.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Sadly the plan in the real world to create division and turn people against each other has found its way onto ATS.
they've crashed the economy and turned society into one big argument.
Rich vs poor, working vs unemployed, sick vs healthy, race vs race, nation vs nation.

ATS should be better than this however ATS invited facebook to join so yeah, we now have all kinds of folks here.

The longer we fight over our differences and argue over immigration or flags or ww2 or whatever and not going after bankers, politicians and decision makers who are responsible for all our woes, well the longer we will mirror the 'real' world, and that is just sad.
What's the point of ATS if we just act and think like everyone else?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

Well said dude

We on ATS should be the clued up ones who realise what you mean and be the first in the fight against it but we still get dragged in the petty #e that you mentioned.
Again well said.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Don't you think its more what each of our governments get up to than the people of either country.

Propaganda is used all the time, currently the Russians are the topic of hatred being spread by the media but next week they will find some other nation to hate.

Cheerfully people are much better informed than ever before and the mud slinging is recognised for exactly what it is. Although I suspect American politicians would hate Europe and especially the UK to get better relations with Russia.

I did see an interview where an American was criticising the EU over its stance on the Russians in Ukraine ,but despite fracking, his oil and gas supply governs his tongue as much as Russian gas through the Ukraine pipelines governs Europes. Its just a bit of walking in someone else's shoes.

By the way how's your cat? Mine sends her regards.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Yes I do blame our governments but like I said my rant was more about the relationship between normal folk like us lot on ATS, we can disagree sure and tempers do rise but I do notice the same old insults flying around between USA and UK members and like I said It is nothing more than "My Dad is bigger than your Dad"..petty and we on ATS should rise above it

Oh and Jake is cool, his ear is healed and here he is (Iam proud of this video because it is my first on line
)

Gonna make my famous cat singing greensleaves vid next
I will put it in my Cat thread btw.
He sends Kitty love to your Kitty

edit on 12-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Great, glad his ear's better. If ever I master my Mac I will send a picture of Clarissa to say Hi to Jake.

Yes its something I had noticed - the bickering between members..

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Sadly, it's even worse on youtube. I don't go to many social sites so not sure how they are.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

Australians are so nice. That's without a doubt.

Indeed they are! Funny story, I was in Somalia, (American Embassy/Mogadishu)...Summer of 1993 if I remember correctly, and a bunch of us were standing out in the middle of the compound around midnight. We hadn't slept in days, and hadn't had any alcoholic beverages in weeks. An O-3 I worked with told me that some Aussies and Kiwis had acquired some African made beer. Naturally, I was there and within 3 beers had a good ol beer buzz going on.

That's when, in the middle of a conversation with said Aussies/Kiwis, I made the HUGE mistake of calling Australia a small island.

Lesson learned!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm British and I blame Piers Morgan

If you keep him in the US I promise I'll never argue with an American again....... ever again

But you have to keep him

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucifer84

I think for the sake of international relations we should just send him to France lol.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
High five for a good post! Not only do they play "mine is bigger than your's" they find the littlest things to "get" eachother about, until the original topic is so far off the rails we all forget what was being talked about in the first place! I dont know how many of those threads get shut down, with in a few pages because trolls just cant behave.

So Im with you, and we should all remember this...TPTB are screwing us all, so why not band together and let our cultures learn from eachother, and stand side by side.
edit on 12-3-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Wanted to add some fuel to the fire
img.photobucket.com...
edit on 12-3-2014 by jessejamesxx because: image too big to post img tags

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

Yup we always call guns Rootie tootie pointy shootie If you Americans want to know lol.

Genius that dude

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I enjoy the banter and craic with our colonial cousins.
Sometimes it does get a bit heated, too heated every now and again.

Whilst it pays to recognise and acknowledge there are massive differences in our two cultures and societies I think its also true to say that there is a lot more that unites us than there is that divides us and we could all do with bearing that in mind every now and then.

Sure we may interpret historical events differently at times and I won't shirk away from pointing those differences out when appropriate but I'm certainly not promoting an anti-US agenda, quite the opposite.

I got in last night from the pub about 03.00am and read the thread you mention.
I was acutely embarrassed and have got to say I had to consciously resist posting so as not to contravene T&C.
Ignorance and bad manners know no national boundaries.

I for one hope we continue to keep each other on our toes but at least try to do it with a semblance of dignity and good grace.....and liberal smatterings of humour, cynicism, self-deprevation and good old fashioned taking the piss.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

It's definitely been crazy over the last day or two.
I think from now on, rather than understand and debate certain issues, I'll just bang my head against a wall, it'll be less frustrating and It'll make more sense.

The world is a crazy place right now and I'm sure many people are stressed for different reasons, but yes, we should at least try and get on and have a laugh, even if we don't see eye to eye.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I can't believe people get upset over internet writings.

Nameless, Faceless people that have no bearing in my life what so ever.

Honestly, if it upset me at all I would never log on.

I thought we had a great Flag discussion.

If it acutely embarrassed somebody...Please re-evaluate what is important.

Because in the grand scheme of things.....it's the Internet.

Some people honestly need to grow a thicker skin.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Wasn't the flag thread
I enjoyed that one.
It was another thread where a fellow brit went too far that spawned my rant.
It isn't about growing thicker skin. I was reminding us all that the UK and the usa are allies and we should be using our energy fighting the wrongs in the world and not each other.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Even if the evils are our own governments I may add.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

As BM said, it wasn't the flag thread, nothing wrong with that one as far as I could see, just an open and honest exchange of opinions.
Personally I am neither that shallow or thin skinned to be upset over such things.
BM is referring to another thread where another member was quite objectionable, arrogant, ignorant and displayed a complete lack of courtesy or consideration to other members - I found it embarrassing that he was doing it from an allegedly pro-UK / anti-US perspective.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join