It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Lanza’s father speaks out: He’d have killed me too

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Peter Lanza, the father of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter, spoke out for the first time since his son’s rampage and suicide in Newtown, Conn., more than a year ago.

In a lengthy interview with the New Yorker’s Andrew Solomon, Peter Lanza opened up on the upbringing, mental health struggles, and relationships that his son had in the years leading up to the murder of 27 students, educators, and Adam’s mother.

By speaking with the media, Lanza said he hopes to help other families avoid the horrible end his own son’s mental illnesses found.

I was pretty much convinced that we would never hear from him.

The only question I really have is why now? I almost didn't see this story with everything else going on in the world...Ukraine, the missing airliner, and so on.

Did anyone else catch this? I did a few searches but didn't see anything posted.

Another story...

Adam Lanza’s Father, in First Public Comments, Says, ‘You Can’t Get Any More Evil’
edit on 3/10/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Imagine speaking out knowing that your flesh and blood, a child you brought into the world and raised, committed one of the most reprehensible acts in modern times. But enough about George H.W. Bush and his son. Lanza's father must have seen signs that his son was six-yards over the sidelines while raising him, and who knows what contributions he added to the mix that he'll never talk about.

Remember that interview that Jeffrey Dahmer's father gave while his son sat there and answered questions his father had never asked him before?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

He seemed to verify he was evil and sick.

He also verified he knew it and did nothing.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
He had not seen him for two years...people in the autistic spectrum need stability, he sure didn't get it from his dad did he.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

reply to post by whyamIhere

Yes. I cannot even imagine owning up to that fact in such a public way. It has to be the hardest thing ever after losing a child in such a horrific way too.

But maybe it will help someone, someday.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Yes, it's always heartbreaking whenever we hear families losing their loved ones unnecessarily. But enough about middle east wars and the lies.

If Peter Lanza felt how dangerous his son could be, why would he "give him space" instead of getting him admitted to a proper facility immediately? And he practically gave him access to guns? Could the interview be done to silent a few more recent debunkers of Sandy Hook shooting? The "nail in the coffin" so to speak...but then it brings up the question if this interview actually took place or was it merely a piece of creative writing?

The world of news has definitely changed.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Peter Lanza, the father of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter, spoke out for the first time since his son’s rampage and suicide in Newtown, Conn., more than a year ago.

In a lengthy interview with the New Yorker’s Andrew Solomon, Peter Lanza opened up on the upbringing, mental health struggles, and relationships that his son had in the years leading up to the murder of 27 students, educators, and Adam’s mother.

By speaking with the media, Lanza said he hopes to help other families avoid the horrible end his own son’s mental illnesses found.

I was pretty much convinced that we would never hear from him.

The only question I really have is why now? I almost didn't see this story with everything else going on in the world...Ukraine, the missing airliner, and so on.

Did anyone else catch this? I did a few searches but didn't see anything posted.

Another story...

Adam Lanza’s Father, in First Public Comments, Says, ‘You Can’t Get Any More Evil’
I think you answered your own question

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
One has to wonder why the press wasn't hounding this guy's butt for the last few years. But I guess that wasn't part of the deal?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I read the article late Sunday night before the media hype and not knowing what to expect...

The thing that jumped out to me and distributed me as I read it was Peter Lanza repeatedly using the phrase "weird kid" referring to Adam. Frankly it struck me as a phrase that is more commonly used by a bully and not a father. I don't know but calling your son a "weird kid" repeatedly didn't sit well with me.

It has long bothered me that while Nancy Lanza, a victim of murder by her own son, has been treated like she killed those people and blamed for what happened (really easy to crap on the corpse of a woman that can't defend herself), while Peter Lanza has been and continues to be given a free pass; hell if you review the media coverage Peter is treated like a victim and they've framed the narrative to extract sympathy for him. He wishes his kid wasn't born and I wish Peter Lanza gave a care about his son and didn't completely abandon Adam-- he knew his kid had issues and turned his back. F Peter Lanza and those who give him a free pass.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Ha. Maybe so. More talking to myself. Great. Sigh...

reply to post by NickDC202

Man, those are all excellent points. The dead mom no longer there to defend herself. But unless this man is a monster as well as appearing to be a bully, he has to be feeling tremendous guilt. Can't really know why the marriage ended, but Adam's state surely must have been a factor?

The NYTs didn't pick the story up until about an hour before I posted it.

I didn's use their headline.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Whao, Adam's 'father' must be a slow learner!

Looks like they didnt want Adam's 'dad' laughing at the podium in between director's cuts.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Mmhmm.

I am among those who still believe there's a very good chance there was something extremely weird about that whole thing. On the fence but leaning harder.

reply to post by Bilk22

Just a little over a year. Seems like longer, doesn't it? I'm sure he laid low. I wonder if he got any of the "victim fund" money. Kinda doubt it.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
What's amazing to me, the mother knew her son was mentally ill, yet wrote a check for him to purchase a fire arm? In my opinion, she was partly to blame for providing her son access to a fire arm! Sounds like the father recognized how mentally unstable his son really was and kept his distance for his own safety.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Sorry a real father would have stuck around and found the guy help...he obviously needed it.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Was it determined to be true that she did this (was it in the official report)? I remember hearing they went to the range to shoot together? For all we know maybe it calmed or focused him. Until it all went horribly wrong. What troubles me most is whey that school. There are apparently no connections....

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Still at it are they?

Regular as clockwork. See # 200

# 201

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
IF.... a great BIG IF... they lied about what happened then this whole father thing could also be a lie.
Guess it comes down to what we want to believe.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Let's not forget that the shooting range was a family activity which included Adam, Nancy, Ryan and Peter. According to numerous reports, dear old absentee dad was a part of their guns and ammo drivel before he bailed.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

Almost missed this. I 've listened to interview (and it's a long one) by this gentleman in its entirety several times. He is so level-headed and convinced that it's daunting.

Have we heard from him lately? Last I remember he had plans to visit the town.

reply to post by NickDC202

Ahh...I didn't know that....

But the other family connection weirdness about them being sure it was his brother and the reports around that still trouble me too.

reply to post by TheWhiteKnight

Like clockwork is right. Like a script. But so often in these types of cases we don't hear a follow-up for many years. This is only just over a year.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Im glad he brings up that he went and saw Dr. King, the same doc that destroyed the medical records that the father is quoting.

Huh, just went to the thread were the other poster posted the link about them being destroyed, the link is now 404'd...
As is the one where it talks about Dr. Kings licenses being revoked for an inappropriate relationship with a patient.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
This is the link to the post, can use context from the other poster showing that in fact the records were destroyed, as it was that posters point.
Here is the link for the CT law on medical records, feel free to double check that there is no loop hole of 5 years since last treatment that makes it legal for the destruction.
Also I did quote the article in my post that indicates both claims. I find it weird that it is now dead but I suppose there are many reasons for that.

I found the language peter used in describing his son was very strange as well..

The interview contrasts early reports that Lanza was an absentee father amidst a child’s mental health crisis, depicting a persistent and attentive father pushed away by his son. Lanza said he saw the estrangement as a natural part of adolescence.

“I had to give him space,” Lanza said. “He’ll get more mature; I’ll just keep doing what I can, staying involved.”

I feel as if those two statements contradict each other...
Article seems very pro peter and anti lanza.. I guess you better paint a good picture for the man you are having spew this propaganda.
What does this do besides kick adam while his down? It doesn't offer any insight as to motivation that has not already been presented. Adam is already depicted as a mentally ill and evil individual.. This did not even add more to that.
We did get a new picture of adam(?) when he was ten so I guess there is that...

And of course, what took so long?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join