It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you pick for a first contact scenario ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Boris Johnson!!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

xavi1000
Sarah Palin.

LMAO!!!!

At least when they encountered intelligent life they wouldn't be disappointed.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Bill Pullman if they are hostile:

And If they were friendly I would use (ARP 2500) synthesizer equipment and play 5 notes instead.

Ha!

On a serious note who's left to trust without having an agenda of their own to hold such a prestigious space ambassador job?

I could go with George Bush because it would be so funny, and humanity deserve to be ashamed in front of the aliens for our embarrassing choices of power.

I would like to go with Edgar Dean "Ed" Mitchell for the job

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Morgan Freeman, hands down.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Since I am of the belief that all matter is vibration and frequency, I would choose a Child who has shown a profound understanding of Music - or Wunderkid.

An adult would just stuff things up and real contact would change the world and impact the next generation more than the current one.

Awesome thread topic BM

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I would pick the best choice ATS member from the Aliens and UFOS forum.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ender Wiggin! He can be a diplomat or whoop a$$ if need be!

If he's not available I'll vote Sam Harris. Good enough

Is your scenario a one time thing? If they were going to part with some advanced knowledge I'm sure I'd want to send up some physicists, engineers, mathematicians, medical doctors, etc.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by billyvonhelvete

hahahaha why???

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Just to say hi and give a good impression, hopefully afterwards we can send more to have a cup of tea with them and talk the serious stuff.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

billyvonhelvete
Boris Johnson!!

Now that could be an interesting choice they would either hail him a genius with amazing hair or wipe the earth clean of Humanity.
If they would take him away he would be my first choice.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If they would take him away he would be my first choice.

Cameron would be my first choice but Boris would certainly be in the top 5.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Morgan Freeman

Who knows, maybe he'll start narrating their lives and finally leave me alone. He wont shut up

He snores

Can't get any sleep

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
George Clooney i think , at least he'll take them out partying.

The person i would least want to make first contact is Ted Nugent!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Myself because the people I've seen around do not think globally like I do, they always settle things down to 'my country, my nation'. Screw nationalism, screw fascism and communism.

And Europe is an old rotten nationalistic continent, how will people progress if they divide themselves into countries, religion, ethnos? BS.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I would have to suggest Sarah Palin and Miley Cyrus.
If they are benevolent aliens, they would instantly have even more compassion for earthlings.
If the aliens were hostile, the earth would not have lost very much.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

SLAYER69
Morgan Freeman

Who knows, maybe he'll start narrating their lives and finally leave me alone. He wont shut up

He snores

Can't get any sleep

They would have infiltrated our Internet and realized he spoke about them, and class him as a spy!

ha!

No one would have believed in the early years of the 21st century that our world was being watched by intelligences greater than our own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns, *they* observed and studied, the way a man with a microscope might scrutinize the creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency, men went to and fro about the globe, confident of our empire over this world. Yet across the gulf of space, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic regarded our planet with envious eyes and slowly, and surely, drew their plans against us.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I seen someone mention Michio kaku, he would have been my pick a few years back, lately he seems a little far out on some discussions, borderlining on scaremongering in some ways.

Still, the more I think about the question I can't think of anyone better.

Stephen Hawking if he had all his faculties.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hold on Guys where are my manners after the time he has put in I have changed my mind and I now nominate.

Stan Friedman
appears to be clued up after researching them for over 50 years.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Ender would be pretty good. I'm actually listening to the audio book right now after watching the movie. The book is SO MUCH BETTER. I haven't read it in over a decade. The book goes into so much more detail, and certain parts were completely changed!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I thought the film was rubbish but after your review on the book I will now try and get the audiobook

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join