It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herbs of Utnapisjtim: Achillea Millefolium

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Danbones
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

thanks for the nod op

No problem, Dan, after all, you inspired the thread

this is one every survivalist should know
and..excellent that you are posting these herbs...

i can vouch it works really well and also its stalks are used in the sacred oracle the IChing
which also really works

Like I said in the OP, I eat some whenever I pass one (there are quite a few look-alikes to yarrow out there, esp. white ones, so be careful about picking the right one). I like the taste of it and it feels like it cleanses the mouth. The taste is also nice if you like slight bitterness. It's got character in a way.

Yarrow, Heather Tip, Cherry Bark Ale

dramapothecary.com...

I've been thinking about starting with home-brewing, and yarrow is one for bitterness, and apparently it was used as an alternative to hops (the bitter compound of modern lagers).

it will also keep the bugs off and improve potency when used as a companion plant

I knew about the bug repellant effect while researching this herb. Didn't know it could also be used for woodwork
Ain't getting any younger these days, you know

edit on 11-3-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Added warning about being careful to pick the correct plant

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
From Genesis: 18"Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you; And you will eat the plants of the field;

It's not strange that god was being sarcastic here. Look at the dandelion, burdock, and thistle plants. These plants all seem to have the prickly look to them, either in the seed or the leaves. Also the rose plant.

Thistle and dandelion are good for the liver and their chemicals can help us to detox our bodies. He was kicking them out of the garden where he was using these plants to extend the life of himself and the two youth. They chose to desire the other fruits instead, probably talking about planting more permissian or something. We have strayed far from this since then with many people hating these noxious weeds. It is all conditioning.

Evidently Adam and Eve did not forget about these plants because they lived a long time. Holy Thistle contains a very strong chemistry that is still used in emergencies by hospitals. This chemical cannot be duplicated so far and it cannot be patented. So we suffer unless we find how to use it. Now, these chemicals have to be used in moderation, the timing is something I have not been able to figure out. Some People in the health food stores know a lot about milk thistle and use it often. All thistles have this chemicals, but the milk thistle has more of it than the others.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

lol
not that kind of potency

the kind of potency that makes all the taterchips and cookies get et while listening to abbey roads

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Hahaha. Or. Damn!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

In Gilgamesh where Utnapishtim shows up, we are told that the Tree of Life is resting on the bottom of what I understand to be the Black Sea, and that it has thorns (rose plant of some kind?), being stung would extend your life and practically give you eternal life and youth. A serpent steals it however, shedding it's skin (symbol of regeneration) straight away and speeding off into the wilderness.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yarrow contains something like hydrogen peroxide. This chemical stimulates healing by causing the release of stem cells. This can be a problem with some of the Chemotheropy drugs as they also contain OH groups. They kill the cancer but also cause the release of stem cells of the cancer which travel around the body. www.sciencedaily.com... The drug they are talking about...en.wikipedia.org...

I knew that hydrogen peroxide stimulated repair before but I didn't know how. This kind of helps me to understand better.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

rickymouse

Burdock root is kind of tasty, I got some from the Coop three years back. The tea I made from wild burdock root is good but it makes you all giggly and lowers your heart rate a bit. The old professor I know who comes over for coffee brought some, I told him it needed to be roasted. He roasted it and brought it over, I ground it and made tea. We seemed to be drunk sort of...he had to take a nitro pill to bring his heart rate up. I researched what happened there but couldn't find anything about it. It must slow nitrogen release by the cells, that would cause a reduction in heart rate. My heart rate being 110-120 normally at rest, it didn't bother me much. His was sixty....maybe wild burdock tea is not good for older people with slow heart beat. Especially at night.

I drink lots of burdock, everyday (and even end up eating the roots, they are really tasty) because it keeps my skin clear of acne and boils. But I have never had that sort of reaction!

On the topic, I use this plant topically for skin problems.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Bluesma

rickymouse

Burdock root is kind of tasty, I got some from the Coop three years back. The tea I made from wild burdock root is good but it makes you all giggly and lowers your heart rate a bit. The old professor I know who comes over for coffee brought some, I told him it needed to be roasted. He roasted it and brought it over, I ground it and made tea. We seemed to be drunk sort of...he had to take a nitro pill to bring his heart rate up. I researched what happened there but couldn't find anything about it. It must slow nitrogen release by the cells, that would cause a reduction in heart rate. My heart rate being 110-120 normally at rest, it didn't bother me much. His was sixty....maybe wild burdock tea is not good for older people with slow heart beat. Especially at night.

I drink lots of burdock, everyday (and even end up eating the roots, they are really tasty) because it keeps my skin clear of acne and boils. But I have never had that sort of reaction!

On the topic, I use this plant topically for skin problems.

I took the freedom to post a new thread in the series focusing on Burdock. Experiences like yours is highly valuabe, so I would be very pleased if you made a post about treating acne with burdock in the new thread. Things like how you prepare or mix it &c. Thanks for the heads-up

You can find the new burdock thread here ==> www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join