It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine's Military Mobilizes, Prepares For Combat: Trucks, APCs, SAMs, Howitzers, Tanks Rolling Out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

If I had to guess it could have to do with the Fact Russia invaded Ukraine and is occupying Ukrainian territory. It might have to do with the large number of Russian military moving into the region in violation of their agreement with Ukraine. Possibly could involve Ukraine protecting E. Ukraine from Russian invasion. Maybe its the minefields Russia deployed? Or the bases Russia is currently forcing a siege on. Possibly it could deal with the blockade of Ukrainian naval vessels / ports..

The illegal vote scheduled for Crimea has not even occurred yet, although I would imagine its just for show anyways.

who knows.. I'm just spittballing here.
edit on 9-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Pah - all that stuff is being reported by he MSM, so it can't possibly be true.

RT.com says that Russia is protecting the peaceful people in the Crimea from violence from the disintegration of the Ukrainian state under the lash of and illegally appointed neo-fascist government - so THAT must be the truth - the soldiers are just concerned locals......

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Xcathdra

If I had to guess it could have to do with the Fact Russia invaded Ukraine and is occupying Ukrainian territory. It might have to do with the large number of Russian military moving into the region in violation of their agreement with Ukraine. Possibly could involve Ukraine protecting E. Ukraine from Russian invasion. Maybe its the minefields Russia deployed? Or the bases Russia is currently forcing a siege on. Possibly it could deal with the blockade of Ukrainian naval vessels / ports..

The illegal vote scheduled for Crimea has not even occurred yet, although I would imagine its just for show anyways.

all of the things you just stated are valid ..... I think that maybe it would be better if someone like you was writing for FOX news or CNN.......we need some MSM to lay it out in broad strokes for everyone.

My fear is.....that many of us here at ATS and other similar sites....are the only ones who really care and really care to know the truth about what is going on over there.

It has the potential to have a breaking point somewhere in the region of WWIII and that is not a good thing to be messing with
edit on 9-3-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Yeah Russian media was also reporting their embassy in Kiev was stormed, when in reality it was not. Since foreign media has been blocked by Russia in Russia, and now in Ukraine, the people will believe what they are being told.

Goebbels would be proud.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Everything that is going on in Ukraine is simply posturing. Ukraine does not have the ability to expel Russia from the Crimea and Russia does not have the ability to invade the rest of Ukraine. So their can not be a military solution to this situation. The only people who have the miltary power to do so is the US or EU and the last thing they want is to start what would be costly war when they have far more cards to play than that. The West is clearly playing the long game in this one while Russia is playing the short. NATO will expand again, the US and EU will continue to make inroads in turning Russias few remaining friends in the world, and Russia will be more isolated than ever.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

MrSpad
Everything that is going on in Ukraine is simply posturing. Ukraine does not have the ability to expel Russia from the Crimea and Russia does not have the ability to invade the rest of Ukraine. So their can not be a military solution to this situation. The only people who have the miltary power to do so is the US or EU and the last thing they want is to start what would be costly war when they have far more cards to play than that. The West is clearly playing the long game in this one while Russia is playing the short. NATO will expand again, the US and EU will continue to make inroads in turning Russias few remaining friends in the world, and Russia will be more isolated than ever.

very good point.....but do we really want Russia to be isolated? To feel boxed in?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Did somebody say de-escalation?

Anybody heard the fat lady singing? Has Putin experienced Vladgasm yet? No ... there's a lot of play left in this drama.

Crimea can't be supported without a Russian land bridge. If the Ukranians deny overland passage, owning that real estate is gonna set Russia back a pretty Ruble.

When the Ukranians shut down the flow of oil ... and they have to IMVHO ... that's when Putin is going to blink. That's when the EU is gonna start giving a f!

Putin's calling for negotiations because his hand's played out. All he's got left are options for violent military action and the instigation of civil war in eastern Ukraine. Well played CIA, well played. I'd love to see the milestones on the timeline.

S&F (you got those for your EO post as well)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

An Isolated Russia, just means the rest of the world being cut off from vast amounts of water and energy.

Canada can not support the entire the world so unless you mean isolated as in a pretence to an invasion of Russia for access to resources...

Why can we not work with Russia. We work with China and look at the violations against humanity and the environment that come with THAT. Why is it so important for the west to keep a front between them and Russia?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
reply to post by MrSpad

An Isolated Russia, just means the rest of the world being cut off from vast amounts of water and energy.

Canada can not support the entire the world so unless you mean isolated as in a pretence to an invasion of Russia for access to resources...

Why can we not work with Russia. We work with China and look at the violations against humanity and the environment that come with THAT. Why is it so important for the west to keep a front between them and Russia?

Canada can't support what?.....the entire.....what are we talking about here?

Don't get me wrong....I love you canukes but you aren't supporting anything except maybe the NHL and the (BBL) beer bong league.

Please help me understand where Canada fits into any of this.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Snarl

Anybody heard the fat lady singing? Has Putin experienced Vladgasm yet? No ... there's a lot of play left in this drama.

Crimea can't be supported without a Russian land bridge. If the Ukranians deny overland passage, owning that real estate is gonna set Russia back a pretty Ruble.

When the Ukranians shut down the flow of oil ... and they have to IMVHO ... that's when Putin is going to blink. That's when the EU is gonna start giving a f!

Putin's calling for negotiations because his hand's played out. All he's got left are options for violent military action and the instigation of civil war in eastern Ukraine. Well played CIA, well played. I'd love to see the milestones on the timeline.

Ahhhh....things are always more....mace spraying awesomeness once Snarl is here!!!!

SO.....do you think that the oil shut down threat from Putin was a real threat or just a punch fake?

You mention the CIA making a good play.....this is maybe my biggest concern here.....that the CIA is doing a bit of manipulating.....but even worse is the thought of what their desired outcome might be?

Any thoughts on that.......?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

MALBOSIA
reply to post by MrSpad

Don't get me wrong....I love you canukes but you aren't supporting anything except maybe the NHL and the (BBL) beer bong league.

Well. The 2 words prior to "Canada" were "water" and "energy"

Russia has a lot of them. Canada is rather generous with theirs. I guess we have to be or the US will accuse us of abusing Quebec' s sovereign rights and then arm the Natives and help them overthrow Ottawa and Toronto. Having a new Central bank installed within hours of course... never mind that was Libya. It is so hard to keep track.
edit on 9-3-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

SO.....do you think that the oil shut down threat from Putin was a real threat or just a punch fake?

I don't think any of the big dogs have been surprised by anyone's moves to this point. There have been quite a few shameful 'glove swipes' across faces (Nuland's phone conversation being the most blatant). Putin knows the oil flow is gonna get cut. He just wanted to be up front about it. The CIA knows the oil is gonna get cut too. Somebody is gonna make ginormous dollars when this happens. Consider it wealth redistribution at the international level. Stuff's way above my level of smarts to figure out ... but an elephant in the room is hard to miss unless you face is buried in its butt.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

If the Ukraine military has a set we will see in the next few days. A really good look inside is Vice News. Russia is not the good guy in this one dear readers.

Russians need to wake up an see the path they are about to go down. If they allow Putin and his Oligarchy to continue this crap the county will fall into ruin again. Russia does not have the goods to go around taking over countries anymore. Yes they have a big army but it is outdated and lacking moral. Watch the Vice episodes and see for yourself. Make up your own mind and do not listen to the lies coming out of both sides of the mainstream media.

Also if Russia is so free why are they banning free media.........Russia is not free in any sense of the word.
edit on 9-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Snarl

I keep hearing rumblings that Putins approval rating is not so hot and that his party is losing popularity. Anyone have a way to confirm that that don't come from Russian controlled state media?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Russia does not support freedom of the press or any other freedom for that matter. What news we get out of Russia is state sponsored propaganda.

I would love for one of the pro-Russia posters to answer me a simple question if Russia is so free and holds the moral high ground why can they not have free media?

Make up your own mind...........Mine is made.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Its one of the reasons I was asking - I knew the answer would be no.
They also can't explain the difference between Russia's actions in Crimean Ukraine and Russian actions in Chechnya. I am guessing that since it would force the Putin lover's into the position of admitting that they only support Russians while everyone else is subhuman. what's even funnier to me is their use of Nazis, especially when they ignore history and Russia's involvement with the Nazis, not to mention Russia's actions towards the Polish, Baltic states, etc. From the end of WWII up to the present. Same goes for the Cossack's and their involvement with the Nazi Military.

The lengths Putin is willing to go via propaganda is amazing to me. Thankfully the world has woke up when it comes to Putin and started calling him out.

All of the claims Putin has made to justify his invasion of Ukraine are not supported. The UN has requested evidence from Putin to support his accusations yet low and behold, he cant provide any.

Chechnya is 95% Chechens and Russians make up 1.9%, yet Russia has invaded Chechnya twice now, with the last invasion being carried out under.... wait for it.... Putin.

They also refuse to address the freedom issue, especially since Russia has shut down all media in Ukraine's Crimea and is only allowing Russian tv /media reporting.

If Russia is all about peace and protecting people, then why are foreign journalists being beaten, equipment confiscated, lives threatened? The same with Pro Ukrainian protestors in Crimea.

The Cossacks, who dusted off the Nazi uniforms from their participating with the Nazis in WWII, are attacking anyone not Pro Russian.

As much as I hated the star wars prequels one line stands out to me -

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause."

edit on 10-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Ya if they are so freedom loving and wanting what is best for the Crimea why are they not allowing free press? You would think if they held the high ground they would want the story to get out.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

ST: I admire your contributions.

I have to keep an open mind when it comes to the press. They're all out for the bottom line. In times of crisis, any MSM will be expected to take on a nationalistic slant. I'll give the Russian press credit for covering the pertinent stories of the day. They seem to take them all on in a balanced way, and it's obvious to me when an opinion is being presented more than just the facts. I hold a somewhat lower opinion of the AmeriKan press, but I give them a by, considering the crisis we've been in since the hunt for Iraqi WMDs sunk our credibility to new lows in the world's eyes.

Xcathdra: from where I sit, I'd have to say opinion of Putin (and Russia in general) has yet to shift up or down. They don't have a lot to offer ... and they're not considered a threat. When that oil stops flowing into the EU, the folks that matter won't be so PC in what they say of Putin and his administration. There's a lot of bad blood over there still. It'd be nice to hear from other ATS members in other parts of the globe.

For perspective, I've never met a Russian I didn't like, nor a group of Russians I was able to tolerate for even a short while.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Just to be clear - Russia has troops in Ukraine at the request of the Ukrainian elected government, which was recently ousted by a coup involving foreign powers, and has always had some troops in Crimea.

Hopefully, everyone will chill out, Russia will make no assault, and the coup leaders will quit listening to their puppetmasters.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

MALBOSIA

UxoriousMagnus

MALBOSIA
reply to post by MrSpad

Well. The 2 words prior to "Canada" were "water" and "energy"

Russia has a lot of them. Canada is rather generous with theirs. I guess we have to be or the US will accuse us of abusing Quebec' s sovereign rights and then arm the Natives and help them overthrow Ottawa and Toronto. Having a new Central bank installed within hours of course... never mind that was Libya. It is so hard to keep track.
edit on 9-3-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

LOL.....yeah that sounds like something we would do.....well....our corrupt government anyway

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join