It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine's Military Mobilizes, Prepares For Combat: Trucks, APCs, SAMs, Howitzers, Tanks Rolling Out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Did somebody say de-escalation?

Earlier today, photos were distributed showing the latest military convoy reinforcements heading into the Crimea, accompanies by a Police car demonstrating Moscow license plate numbers, most likely providing further support to the pro-Russian forces in the peninsula.

Ukraine's Military Mobilizes, Prepares For Combat: Trucks, APCs, SAMs, Howitzers, Tanks Rolling Out

I was of the understanding that things were starting to calm down and that the will of Ukraine was bending towards Russia.

Why are they beefing up their borders and mobilizing their military assets?

They are even starting to plant mine fields along the border to the mainland?
edit on 9-3-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

While at the same time along the makeshift border between Crimea and the mainland, the Pro-Russian forces are putting down minefields.

Actually, I believe it is the PRO Russian forces that are laying the landmines. It would appear that BOTH sides are beefing up and getting prepared for a war.
edit on 9-3-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

thesmokingman

While at the same time along the makeshift border between Crimea and the mainland, the Pro-Russian forces are putting down minefields.

Actually, I believe it is the PRO Russian forces that are laying the landmines. It would appear that BOTH sides are beefing up and getting prepared for a war.
edit on 9-3-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

good catch....thanks

exactly.... both sides are ramping up

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
but but, the Ottawa Treaty

Why do people sign things they will never comply

________
oh i know they must be tank mines
edit on 9-3-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Thank you for this thread. I gotta say, I did not think it would come to an all out war, but it is looking more and more like it WILL happen! S&F's, I will definitely be checking in on this thread for the next few days

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Is this new or from last week? The "mobilizes" headlines are all over the place from Mar 2.

Any other sources?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This is insane. It's like watching a slow-moving train wreck...It almost appears as if Russia and Putin are expecting the Ukraine military to attempt to recapture the Crimea. I pray that they don't...however the pieces appear to be in place. Now the puppets just need to make their final moves,

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Indigent

________
edit on 9-3-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

LOL...you beat me to it...

I was going to say that they would just call them anti-tank mines.

but awesome post...I forgot about the treaty.....mines just seem....so....WWII

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

lightedhype
This is insane. It's like watching a slow-moving train wreck...It almost appears as if Russia and Putin are expecting the Ukraine military to attempt to recapture the Crimea. I pray that they don't...however the pieces appear to be in place. Now the puppets just need to make their final moves,

Maybe this is all the plan though....to get the EU and America involved.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Something real odd in one of the videos.

The whole thing is in Russian/Ukrainian but the "STOP" sign is in English ?????

Hmmm.

Lot's of malarkey coming out I see.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

~Lucidity
Is this new or from last week? The "mobilizes" headlines are all over the place from Mar 2.

Any other sources?

not sure but it seems like it is new info....I wonder if the MSM is trying to down play it.

I will check some of the Russian sites....see if I can dig anything there

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I believe it is from last night(U.S) I remember reading something about it and the article I read had said it was the second time in a week that they were mobilizing. I believe I read it on infowars? maybe reddit?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
In my opinion, US media especially has been downplaying the Ukraine ever since Putin told Obama to shove it up his a**. The articles are becoming scare on Ukraine and they are never on front page anymore.......but im with you^ I never though this would come to all out war but it's sure looking like it....on a lighter note, has anybody seen this video?

Happy Ukraine

Sorry I do not know how to embed, but anyways this video still gives me chills knowing it was taken just days before they all started killing eachother O.o

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Well thankfully they are at least getting out of their bases were they can not be easily disarmed. I think Putin has bit off more than he can chew with a country the size of Ukraine all pissed off that his cronies are beating Ukrainians in Crimea. I hope Ukraine does launch a massive counter attack and force the Russians out. Russia doesn't have enough might to take all of Ukraine if the people of Ukraine are hell bent on fighting this Russian oppression.

Russia crossed their red line by sending in more troops than the treaty provided for and seeing videos of women Ukrainian women getting beat for trying to bring food to their husbands on bases that have been seized has probably infuriated the leaders around Europe.

Suck it Putin!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

My heart really sank when I saw the videos in this thread. Amazing stuff, and thanks for showing it to me, but it really hit home. I can only hope war, and killing of any kind, is averted from here on out.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

Did somebody say de-escalation?

Earlier today, photos were distributed showing the latest military convoy reinforcements heading into the Crimea, accompanies by a Police car demonstrating Moscow license plate numbers, most likely providing further support to the pro-Russian forces in the peninsula.

I was of the understanding that things were starting to calm down and that the will of Ukraine was bending towards Russia.

Why are they beefing up their borders and mobilizing their military assets?

They are even starting to plant mine fields along the border to the mainland?
edit on 9-3-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

Dear Divine Being, please don't let this war start, bring peace to Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Indigent

________

Neither Russia nor Ukraine have signed the treaty

mind you that minefield is a bit of a joke....1 line of highly visible mines?? a 5 minute barrage will detonate them all!!
edit on 9-3-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

Indigent

________

mind you that minefield is a bit of a joke....1 line of highly visible mines?? a 5 minute barrage will detonate them all!!

yeah but like the US congress....isn't it a majority rule thing....where the UN general assembly must abide by whatever is passed? Do even if they didn't vote to ratify .... the treaty still got passed and they are still bound?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just an idea, but perhaps they are getting ready for the potential involvement of other "outside" forces.

They are not stupid and understand there may be a good chance someone may want to take military action to change the current direction this issue is heading.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

Aloysius the Gaul

Indigent

________

yeah but like the US congress....isn't it a majority rule thing....where the UN general assembly must abide by whatever is passed? Do even if they didn't vote to ratify .... the treaty still got passed and they are still bound?

No - treaties are accepted by signatories, and are not imposed on anyone - so Russia and Ukraine are not bound by it unless they sign it.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join