It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

& this why your should buy physical Gold & Silver

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

originally posted by: Visitor2012

If the economy goes, paying your mortgage will be the very LEAST of your problems. I'll take the chicken and the case of tomatoes....

And where, pray tell, do you plan on growing/storing that chicken and case of tomatoes when you no longer have a roof over your head and a place to grow/store them ?

Looking at things from a long-term thought process... not a short-term one.

Good question. Well, how much chicken are we talking about? Since there'll be no functioning electrical grid to operate a refrigerator, and probably no way to make or get ice, I'll probably cook all the chicken and make jerky out of it (lasts longer, although not sure about the proper nutrition from jerky). With the tomatoes, I'll probably eat my fill and share the rest with family and/or community depending on how many tomatoes we're talking about, and how hungry my family and neighbors are. But I'll keep the seeds just in case we find some way to plant them.

I wonder though, how will the banks manage to kick 200 million people out on the streets for failing to pay rent leases, and mortgages? Sounds like a blood bath to me.

Look, I'd like to have gold, food AND a roof over my head. But this was a 'gold' vs 'food' question. I choose the food, because having a roof over your head doesn't fill your stomach.

edit on 22-4-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

Since there'll be no functioning electrical grid to operate a refrigerator

I'm not sure where you get that idea from in a petro dollar collapse situation ?

how will the banks manage to kick 200 million people out on the streets for failing to pay rent leases, and mortgages?

Probably the same way they managed to boot over one million families out of their homes in 2008.

Look, I'd like to have gold, food AND a roof over my head. But this was a 'gold' vs 'food' question. I choose the food, because having a roof over your head doesn't fill your stomach.

This isn't a "Mad Max" post-apocalyptic Hollywood movie scenario. This is just simply an economic collapse of the petro dollar. A "Great Depression" type of situation. Not an end of the world one.

Large businesses will continue to sell their wares, the lights will continue to be on, banks will continue to take back their collateral assets, governments will continue to function, imports/exports will continue to flow, firefighters will continue to fight fires, etc etc.

Another words, currencies of some kind will continue to flow around the world. Commerce would not come to a dead halt just because the petro dollar dies.

How an individual and/or an entire country manages to continue to survive and stay afloat within that system until all the dust settles, is what this thread is talking about.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

Probably be better off spending all that money on seeds, and a class in permaculture. Teach a man to fish, and all that.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Yes, we're talking about two entirely different scenarios.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slickinfinity
reply to post by BABYBULL24

You make a good point, good quality booze will be worth having to barter with. I wouldn't stock up on beer but that's just me.

I also assume medicinal products would increase greatly in value to, especially painkillers and antibiotics.

Yeah I second that one! I am in need of painkillers now and I would be willing to overpay to get them and this isn't even close to a shtf situation!! Big pharma owns you once you get hooked and there is very little we can do to fight back!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Yeah good luck in a shtf scenario having the bank try to take my house! EFF that, nobody will get in I can promise you that! I couldn't care less what they said or who they sent, the bodies would just be piling up outside...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yea the crime rate will skyrocket to a point of chaos. You do realize the poor people would have nothing to loose and would fight back in masses don't you. There are so many poor people in the U.S. it is getting harder and harder each and every year. The riots of 92 would seem like child's play. The masses would hit the streets forcing our gov to do something. More then likely the U.S. would start throwing bombs around. WW3

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
well stackers.... did you take advantage this week (Oct 1-7, 2016) of the manipulators take-down of gold/silver PMs.

I only increased my holdings on the last-day-of-the-week, Friday because on Monday the 10th of Oct both the USA paper markets and China -the big dog on the porch concerning gold- will be on holiday making for a 4 day week of paper options which should see the prices of all PMs rebound

see, China wants a top price on gold that the USA central banks re now having to buy so they can keep up with the gold fixed currency paradigm that is growing among all the world's industrialized nations...dragging a reluctant London and Washington into the fray....

$58. is not much money to many of youse guys...but to this fixed income, disabled Veteran... that's like a weeks pay to me

I hope to keep building up my PMs stocks in my ROTH Account till i'm 72 and will be required to take withdrawls every year

hope those of you who buy into PMs also had a good week on buying the dip (severe dip at that)

good news, the court case against the PM's market manipulations is going forward...
www.zerohedge.com...

the heresay is that the timeframe is 2007-present.... a multi hundred Billion$ class action case
edit on th31147585898407492016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join