It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

& this why your should buy physical Gold & Silver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
JP Morgan - long suspected of manipulating the Gold & Silver markets are getting out of commodities and they sold their NY Headquarter to China which reportedly has a gold vault the size of a football field and a tunnel to the NY Federal Reserve.

So anyway - this what i think is going on they are shifting everything from the West to the East - if JP Morgan sells their NY Headquarters to China...do you think?

Anyway - the Chinese believe in a hard currency backed by Gold not like the US which believes in a fiat currency backed by the full faith and credit of the US...errh by nothing. So I think the price setting of Gold & Silver wlll be set in the East not in the West in the not to distant future. The Chinese Government is if not imploring their citizens to buy physical Gold & Silver they are highly recommending it!

I mean once this shift from West to East goes on Gold will go from $1200 an ounce to $12,000...cause they have to back their currency with Gold so they will jack up the price without Western Bank interference.

To me it says - if your investment is in paper it's not worth the paper it's printed on...do you really think if the Chicoms break the dollar they are going honor some piece of paper you have?

JP Morgan selling to the Chinese should give pause to more than a few - don't you think?

Good luck

JPMorgan sells New York building to Chinese firm for $725 million

JP Morgan Is In Talks To Sell Its Commodities Business Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Whistleblower Exposes JP Morgan's Silver Manipulation Scheme

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
As the rats leave the sinking ship....they salute the American suckers... er people....

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I don't think it will work that way, because if it did, then all the cheap crap we purchase from there will go up in price because of the manipulation of the gold prices. And they won't want to lose there market share of trade.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

An understandable perspective worth some prayerful pondering, no doubt.

However . . . I have LONG felt that gold would NOT BE WISE.

I don't know why.

I feel differently about silver.

I have often thought, in such regards, about the Biblical prophecy for this END TIMES era in which

"a loaf of bread goes for a bag of gold."

Now either food has to get quite scarce . . . and we already know that the satanic globalists have long worked hard and are still working hard to make THAT happen . . .

or

gold has to increase a LOT . . . highly unlikely.

I just believe that somehow the global government and/or ?nuclear exchanges? will render the gold NOT VIABLE as a medium of exchange. I'm recalling the novel Alas Babylon in such regards. I am an ignorant layman in such matters. But purportedly the gold became radioactive and was dangerous to be around.

I'd be interested in folks much more expert than I commenting on the above issues.

edit on 9/3/2014 by BO XIAN because: typo

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Personaly id start mining as many digital currencies as possible and buy land. Gold may always hold some value but it is not inflation proof like people seem to believe and has been at points in time just as volatile as paper money.

If you tried to buy a chicken from me with a gram of gold, but being me I have no use for this shiny yellow metal and instead demanded 13 buttons and half a yard of twine your pretty much screwed. Golds only worth what people imagine it to be, nothing more.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Good find...I myself recently have gotten into precious metals..the physical kind....the price of gold right now is pretty high but when you buy gold and silver you are buying it for the long term....for shtf scenario. If the "shtf scenario" is too extreme then I dont think gold and silver will be worth much as its too heavy to carry around..but its great for the "almost shtf scenario"....where things are unstable. In the event of a world economic collapse I think itll just be an "almost shtf scenario"...because people will still barter and things like gold and silver have been used as currency..one thing to keep in mind....1 oz gold coins are hard to break up and what I saw in Argentina was they were bartering with old gold jewelry instead of large gold coins ....unless you were buying a huge item no one wanted the large gold coins because they didnt have enough items of value for it. Silver is pretty cheap...20 bucks a coin and that will probably always go up regardless of the economy because its used in electronics....even just getting yourself a stack of silver coins could come in handy to get you a few items to make it through some of the hard times that are coming eventually in my lifetime or not...its coming though.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The country with the world's largest economy has traditionally also had the pleasure as having the world's reserve currency.

China will overtake the US as the world's largest economy, it is a matter of when not if. Some say it has already happened, if it hasn't yet it will probably happen in no later than five years.

When the US dollar loses its status as the world reserve currency, all those dollars will come home (economic theory) and cause hyperinflation.

Also, before the new world currency solidifies itself there will be an interim period of financial instability.

For these two above reasons, having physical gold/silver in your possession will be the only way to retain wealth that you have that isn't land in the US.

The US dollar's writing has been on the wall since Nixon closed the gold window in 1971, though it's life was extended due to lack of a viable alternative. One will exist soon, and the dollar is the weakest it has been since the inception of the FED in 1913.

Gold, silver, land - must be in your possession. Paper proxies will also be worthless. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'd advise any ATS'er to buy silver junk coin.

Silver junk coin can be traded without very little hassle and without middlemen.
In a SHTF situation where fiat currencies collapse, or martial is enacted, or
any scenario where "preppers" are "bugging out" silver coin is the currency that
makes the most sense to have on hand.

There are many reasons why...

If you have a gold coin it is hard to proof to the average laymen. Also
a piece of gold bullion or gold has a much higher value denomination
as as such is much harder to trade for things you may need.

If you have a junk silver coin, the coin coin proves itself. Everyone has
seen and held these coins. They have an easily fixable value and they trade
for much less per coin than a hunk of gold.

If all you are looking to trade for is food or medicine or ammunition etc.,
and you have junk silver coin on hand the transaction facing you is easy
to accomplish. If all you have are gold coins and bullion you are probably
going to need a gold exchange to make any but a large transaction.

And as Forrest Gump sez....that's all I have to say about that.

And as to worrying that the "old money" European banker Illuminati
are going to give up, or cede, ANYTHING AT ALL of value to their Asian
counterparts, without a fight, is absurd.

There is a chess game going on between the East and the West and
this is nothing more than a pawn move on that global scale.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
if we end up with a situation where paper currency becomes worthless i just cannot get my head around stocking up on precious metals all they will do is weigh you down,trading with currency as we know it will be disastrous....i would think owning land and becoming sustainable with your own produce will be the only working system,you can trade food and water with others for what you need...food will become so valuable that no amount of gold or silver would suffice....personally i would trade food for clothing but not food for gold or silver

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
IMO junk silver coins and 1oz silver rounds are the best bet for us middle class folks. Its easy and a lot cheaper then gold.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
if we end up with a situation where paper currency becomes worthless i just cannot get my head around stocking up on precious metals all they will do is weigh you down,trading with currency as we know it will be disastrous....i would think owning land and becoming sustainable with your own produce will be the only working system,you can trade food and water with others for what you need...food will become so valuable that no amount of gold or silver would suffice....personally i would trade food for clothing but not food for gold or silver

As far as land - heard those MERS Mortgages - the one's that were packaged into derivatives could be a nightmare. Even if you think your loan is paid off - it might not be. What happens if China bought your mortgage and they show up one day and want your house cause they bought a derivative with your loan in it?

Besides physical PM's another thing to think about is booze - if things go south a case of Whiskey could go a long way in trade.
May be worth more than gold in the long run.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

BABYBULL24
JP Morgan - long suspected of manipulating the Gold & Silver markets are getting out of commodities and they sold their NY Headquarter to China which reportedly has a gold vault the size of a football field and a tunnel to the NY Federal Reserve.

So anyway - this what i think is going on they are shifting everything from the West to the East - if JP Morgan sells their NY Headquarters to China...do you think?

Anyway - the Chinese believe in a hard currency backed by Gold not like the US which believes in a fiat currency backed by the full faith and credit of the US...errh by nothing. So I think the price setting of Gold & Silver wlll be set in the East not in the West in the not to distant future. The Chinese Government is if not imploring their citizens to buy physical Gold & Silver they are highly recommending it!

I mean once this shift from West to East goes on Gold will go from $1200 an ounce to $12,000...cause they have to back their currency with Gold so they will jack up the price without Western Bank interference.

To me it says - if your investment is in paper it's not worth the paper it's printed on...do you really think if the Chicoms break the dollar they are going honor some piece of paper you have?

JP Morgan selling to the Chinese should give pause to more than a few - don't you think?

Good luck

JPMorgan sells New York building to Chinese firm for $725 million

JP Morgan Is In Talks To Sell Its Commodities Business Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Whistleblower Exposes JP Morgan's Silver Manipulation Scheme

Maybe that's why JP Morgan people commited suicide, because they knew they were selling out the US.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You make a good point, good quality booze will be worth having to barter with. I wouldn't stock up on beer but that's just me.
I also assume medicinal products would increase greatly in value to, especially painkillers and antibiotics.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slickinfinity

You make a good point, good quality booze will be worth having to barter with. I wouldn't stock up on beer but that's just me.
I also assume medicinal products would increase greatly in value to, especially painkillers and antibiotics.

Forget gold! When the system collapses completely, people will trade whatever they have for a decent roll of toilet paper. You can't wipe your rear with Gold and with a few hundred pounds of toilet paper, you'll have all the bartering power you need. Plus it's easy and much safer to store, compared to Gold.

Think about it. The store shelves are empty and you've spent weeks chaffing your rear end with newspapers.
edit on 22-4-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I've said this before, and I'll say again:

Good luck trying to make your mortgage payment at the bank with a chicken and a case of tomatoes.

The banking/commerce system will still continue to flow in an economic collapse scenario, and therefore will expect you to continue making your mortgage payments. If you can't.... "bye bye house and home".

Far from popular misguided beliefs, gold and silver are NOT "commodities", nor are they "volatile". They are stable physical currencies. Always have been and always will be.

Just because 50 years of price manipulation and psychological warfare from bankster controlled fiat currency markets makes it look like gold and silver are "volatile commodities", doesn't actually make it so.

Period.

The proof will be in the pudding as soon as the banksters lose control of the fiat market. And that time is getting closer as each day goes by.

So if you're living under debt and can't get out of it right now, then you better have a "plan B" set in place to continue paying those debts to your creditors when the petro dollar goes down the toilet.

If the price of gold jacks up to $10,000/ounce in order to meet supply and demand to back fiat currency (which is the minimum price it would have to be now), then it won't take much gold to pay off all of your debts when the time comes, now will it ?

A small investment today could actually take care of a huge problem down the road.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Good luck trying to make your mortgage payment at the bank with a chicken and a case of tomatoes.

If the economy goes, paying your mortgage will be the very LEAST of your problems. I'll take the chicken and the case of tomatoes....

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Visitor2012

If the economy goes, paying your mortgage will be the very LEAST of your problems. I'll take the chicken and the case of tomatoes....

And where, pray tell, do you plan on growing/storing that chicken and case of tomatoes when you no longer have a roof over your head and a place to grow/store them ?

Looking at things from a long-term thought process... not a short-term one.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
diversification

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

diversification

Exactly !

Ensuring that you have your eggs in more than one basket is just plain old common sense and a qualifier of long-term thinking processes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join