It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Habitable land/Number of people= 2.3 Acres a person

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This is simply posted to clarify the math.

Habitable land on earth for humans: 15,641,597,556 acres

Divided by:

Estimated Population: 6.8 Billion

Equals 2.3 Acres of land to be creative with a piece.

Naturally this number will shrink as population grows and various industrial companies harm soil and water resources. But we are creative and adaptive souls. I.E. Green houses, vertical gardens, Aquaponics, Risen beds, Smart animal rotation techniques.

The math above is rough and my goal here is to give a better context of where we stand. If you want to get be super technical be my guest.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There is still plenty of room for eco farms and nice roomy habitation with greenhouses and no excuse for the BS of the elites. They're the ones reaping a fortune off of people, using and abusing humanity and then discarding people like tampons.

There is plenty of land for abundance.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LaHaver

I think the population is established at 7.149 billion now.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LaHaver

The math above is rough and my goal here is to give a better context of where we stand. If you want to get be super technical be my guest.

Define habitable.
You can provide your source for that statistic while you're up.

edit on 3/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know your a popular cookie around these parts so i'll save you that long look online for the definition;

hab·it·a·ble
ˈhabitəbəl/
adjective
adjective: habitable

suitable or good enough to live in.

The total land surface area of Earth is about 57,308,738 square miles, of which about 33% is desert and about 24% is mountainous. Subtracting this uninhabitable 57% (32,665,981 mi2) from the total land area leaves 24,642,757 square miles or 15.77 billion acres of habitable land.

www.zo.utexas.edu...

answers.yahoo.com...
Source of that link;
www.learner.org...
www.learner.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
pages.prodigy.net...

Phage please remember my preface is that these are rough numbers, if you want to get a sharper resolution of these numbers and the ultimate accuracy I suggest looking beyond this post. The main motivation for this is to correct a previous post" Cities: demons or something or other" where the math was wrong from the beginning in a large way by equating "20 acres=96.2 km2" when really is 20 acres =0.08 km2 as you can easily see that lead to a huge misconception by a LARGE factor. If i'm off by a bit i'm ok with that! Be well!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Regardless of your numbers there are many people out there willing to live on top of one another. There is plenty of space in the sky so it will all work out.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LaHaver

The total land surface area of Earth is about 57,308,738 square miles, of which about 33% is desert and about 24% is mountainous.

Swamps? Wetlands? I guess we could drain 'em.
Frigid? More CO2 would fix that, but that makes other places not so nice.

Source of that link;

Yes. I found that "source."
Now, please show me specifically where, in those links that figure is provided.

You're the one who invited "super technical" questions.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
We are depleting our fresh water, seafood, farmland, precious metals, rare earths, and pretty much everything else, yet you claim we are overflowing with resources?

We have something like 2 or 3 billion people living in poverty, without clean water or sufficient food, yet people like you for some uncomprehensible, sadistic reason want us to ramp up or ridiculously high population even more??

I can't think of anything worse for mankind (and the rest of nature).

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
geography.about.com...

All seven billion people could reportedly stand shoulder to shoulder in an area the size of Los Angeles.

The video goes on to describe how overpopulation concerns are not about space, they are about balance. They report that five percent of humans use 23 percent of the energy being used. 13 percent of humans can't obtain clean drinking water, and 38 percent of humans lack "adequate sanitation."

www.foodfirst.org...

MYTH:

With food-producing resources in so much of the world stretched to the limit, there’s simply not enough food to go around. Unfortunately, some people will just have to go hungry. We must put all our efforts into boosting agricultural production in order to minimize hunger.
OUR RESPONSE:

The world today produces enough grain alone to provide every human being on the planet with 3,500 calories a day.1 That’s enough to make most people fat! And this estimate does not even count many other commonly eaten foods—vegetables, beans, nuts, root crops, fruits, grass-fed meats, and fish. In fact, if all foods are considered together, enough is available to provide at least 4.3 pounds of food per person a day. That includes two and half pounds of grain, beans and nuts, about a pound of fruits and vegetables, and nearly another pound of meat, milk and eggs.2

Abundance, not scarcity, best describes the supply of food in the world today...

The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) found in a 1997 study that 78% of all malnourished children under five in the developing world live in countries with food surpluses.7...

Finally, many of the countries in which hunger is rampant export much more in agricultural goods than they import

Seems its not about earth and resources, but everything is done by THE DESIGN OF THOSE RUNNING THIS HELLZONE.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Equals 2.3 Acres of land to be creative with a piece.

You must really like math

And then that's per person, so families bunching together leaves some more space, and some people don't like looking after land, so they'll bunch together in cities.

Some of the land is really cold, so those populations stay sparse (Canada, Russia).
We'll all fit for a while, as long as there's a good mix of cities and farms.

If we could put as much energy into learning more about space travel, as we do building bigger bombs, we could get out and colonize...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage.........I meant if you want to show more accurate facts otherwise technically speaking, just like someone mentioned 7.2 billion population now. instead of my guesstimate. Yes there are just so many variables, swamps etc.

Let me be clear, this post, my time online, is not the focus of my life. Because , like right now, ends up being a black hole of wasted time.

I am in no position under you and I believe i've catered to you enough, sorry it's all not on a silver platter for you and that you might just have to spend more then a minute or two of your life.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LaHaver

I am in no position under you and I believe i've catered to you enough, sorry it's all not on a silver platter for you and that you might just have to spend more then a minute or two of your life.

Well excuse me then, for asking you to provide support for your position. What ever it is.

What is it anyway? That there is room for population growth? That we should just keep on breedin'?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Maybe 2/3 of the world having water problems in the next decade just isn't even for the growth nazi's- they want 100%

By 2025, an estimated 1.8 billion people will live in areas plagued by water scarcity, with two-thirds of the world's population living in water-stressed regions as a result of use, growth, and climate change.

environment.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

My position is private. My post was 5 minutes out of my day to state a rough number. And you know why I call it rough? Because it's a freakin' planet! haha for a man or men to go along and say ok, yes or no to every acre every year would be insanity!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LaHaver

My position is private.

Ok.
No (public) point then. Got it.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
My wife and I have five acres, so we are almost right on schedule with this. Trouble is that this area isn't always so habitable. At least there isn't three hundred inches of snow here this year like there was a hundred miles WNW of here in the Keweenaw.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
As well as the swamps and wetlands, there's the roads, needed forest (although every farm should have some trees), roads, places for business/manufacturing, schools, sports arenas, parking, etc.
Buffer zones from railroads, those wetlands...

Time for some new planetary space.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
maybe we ought to move inside
live in the ol hollow earth...
lol
it's surely got at least a little inner biggness

or maybe we should all use dryers after our showers...
shrink the wrinkles out
i understand dwarves stack well

top topics

<<   2 >>

join