It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donetsk has risen!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Etherguide

Ether, since you sound like you are Ukrainian, don''t you find it odd seeing your countrymen raise another nations flag on your soil? Seems pretty odd thing to do for someone to do. Did they not want the Russian Flag raised under the old Government?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

Yea, I am afraid you are right. Putin quickly determined the nato treaties would not be honored and that nothing is stopping him. I am afraid Ukraine will be split down the middle. Bad news. Hate to see it.

There will be no stopping putin now. There may very well be war in the near future.

The Bot

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
My mistake seems i had replied to the same threads.
edit on 12-3-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
Just how America, Britain, Germany have their pawns running the borders of both western & eastern Europe they even control NATO

You were on a roll I didn't want to interrupt but

They and a few others ARE NATO

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

SLAYER69

Agent_USA_Supporter
Just how America, Britain, Germany have their pawns running the borders of both western & eastern Europe they even control NATO

You were on a roll I didn't want to interrupt but

They and a few others ARE NATO

As usual Slayer your right to. I just didn't want to list them all, i think they get the overall idea. By the way good threads you had posted i will be checking out them later.

Also this user had posted the same thread in the same forum.
edit on 12-3-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Last night several buses of pro-maidan provocateurs in masks with metal rods and pepper spray were brought to Donetsk from Kiev. They were overwhelmed by people, but there ara lot of injuries, most commonly head wounds.

edit on 13-3-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

pavil

Ether, since you sound like you are Ukrainian, don''t you find it odd seeing your countrymen raise another nations flag on your soil? Seems pretty odd thing to do for someone to do. Did they not want the Russian Flag raised under the old Government?

I'm Russian, but I have a lot of relatives in Ukraine. Many Ukranians are still Russians if that makes sense and they don't see Russian flag as a foreign flag.

To understand more about our people you should look back into Kievan Rus. This is the point in history when eastern slavic tribes began to unite. Now we are divided into 3 countries - Russia, Belarus, and Ukraine even though we are basically one nation. Ukranian nationalists will not agree with me here, but I think we will soon be united again under these new circumstances.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
IMPORTANT UPDATE:
A lot happened in the south-east of Ukraine since my last post and now we're past the tipping point.

1. People of Donetsk, Lugansk and Kharkov are calling for a Crimean-style referrendum. They openly state that their end goal is to join Russian Federation:
  2. Mobilization of militia is scheduled for the afternoon of April 6th (no translation):

3. Resistance forces of Donetsk and Lugansk have signed an agreement for cooperation. Kharkov will probably join then very soon
  4. Ayo "Black Lenin" Benes was arrested in Donetsk. He texted that he is in Kiev and is arrested to prevent coup d'etat!
  5. Protests are being held everywhere in the south-east of Ukraine, not just in the big cities. Flags of Russia, Soviet Union, Belarus, Ukraine, and such organizations as NOD (National Liberation Movement) and KPE (Party for Truth and Unity) are present at these protests. Here people are holding a dummy of Timoshenko and sing Sacred War in Kharkov:

Two flags in the center (Red flags, sun with a symbol inside) are KPE flags (or closely related organization). This organization is really important, because they will eventually transform into the global government which is preparing to replace the Egyptian priesthood (international bankers). I will probably make a thread to explain more about them.

All signs show that current junta in Kiev will be removed in the next few weeks, that is before the election in May. Action starts on 6th April. Russian forces may actually enter the confict, but only in case of a blood spill.

edit on 2-4-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I'm thinking that whole 'peace in our time' thing isn't likely to work out so well.

Talk about a mess for the world, since the world has made it their focus. The locals in the areas in question seem, by past years voting trends pushing 90%, to favor Russia. Yet, I think the West has indicated they weren't good with seeing it go further into Ukraine. Even this pro-Russian segments.

So..what now? This isn't anything good to watch.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Etherguide
IMPORTANT UPDATE:
A lot happened in the south-east of Ukraine since my last post and now we're past the tipping point.

1. People of Donetsk, Lugansk and Kharkov are calling for a Crimean-style referrendum. They openly state that their end goal is to join Russian Federation:
  2. Mobilization of militia is scheduled for the afternoon of April 6th (no translation):

3. Resistance forces of Donetsk and Lugansk have signed an agreement for cooperation. Kharkov will probably join then very soon
  4. Ayo "Black Lenin" Benes was arrested in Donetsk. He texted that he is in Kiev and is arrested to prevent coup d'etat!
  5. Protests are being held everywhere in the south-east of Ukraine, not just in the big cities. Flags of Russia, Soviet Union, Belarus, Ukraine, and such organizations as NOD (National Liberation Movement) and KPE (Party for Truth and Unity) are present at these protests. Here people are holding a dummy of Timoshenko and sing Sacred War in Kharkov:

Two flags in the center (Red flags, sun with a symbol inside) are KPE flags (or closely related organization). This organization is really important, because they will eventually transform into the global government which is preparing to replace the Egyptian priesthood (international bankers). I will probably make a thread to explain more about them.

All signs show that current junta in Kiev will be removed in the next few weeks, that is before the election in May. Action starts on 6th April. Russian forces may actually enter the confict, but only in case of a blood spill.

edit on 2-4-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

thank you for updates, it is hard to find on the net what is happening in eastern part of Ukraine, and it is mostly in Russian anyway.
It looks like most of the protests tend to happen on Sundays and this Sunday will be the most interesting so far I think.
Do you mind to translate what are those masked people talking about?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmonova

Thank you, I knew someone was interested in updates! These men in masks were calling for this event to happen:

UPDATE:
Tommorow afternoon people will gather on central squares of Donbass cities for mobilization!
That is April 6th 15:00 GMT. Be ready for anything, including SHTF scenario because Kievan junta will try to prevent this mobilization by all possible means.

Keep in mind that similar event happened on February 23th in Sevastopol, Crimea.

edit on 5-4-2014 by Etherguide because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Etherguide
reply to post by cosmonova

Thank you, I knew someone was interested in updates!

UPDATE:
Tommorow afternoon men will gather on central squares of Donbass cities for mobilization!
That is April 6th 15:00 GMT. Be ready for anything, including SHTF scenario because Kievan junta will try to prevent this mobilization by all possible means. .

Keep in mind that similar event happened on February 23th in Sevastopol, Crimea.

edit on 5-4-2014 by Etherguide because: spelling

The West/US will not like this, as they have gone to a lot of effort to install their puppets in Kiev.....I think this will definitely start something off.

Thanks for updates and keep em coming.
edit on 5-4-2014 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Pro-Russians storm government building in eastern Ukraine

Looks like it's getting good and started now.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Ok, here we go:
Security Service of Ukraine building was captured in Lugansk 1-2 hours ago!

edit on 6-4-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
At the same time people have captured the Regional Administration building in Donetsk!

Another side of the building:

edit on 6-4-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Ok, now wait, because if Kievan forces will come then SHTF situation is guaranteed.

I guess Russia will enter the conflict as soon as the bloodshed starts. I'm not sure if NATO will follow, but it's technically possible.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
UPDATE:
Antimaidan resistance have encircled Maidan activists in Kharkov:

Ashamed and scared Right Sector militants are escaping the scene on their knees even inside the police corridor.

So we have a very tense situation across 3 cities right now!

edit on 6-4-2014 by Etherguide because: added the second video, because otherwise I constantly keep bumping the thread (is it ok btw to bump it with updates since this is a developing situation?)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
UPDATE:
Regional administration building in Kharkov was captured:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
as expected, the events in eastern Ukraine are changing dramatically. Not sure what is Kiev going to do about it. Judging by the reaction of police they are not interested to interfere what ever is going to happen. Looks like they are supporting people basically as I do not see any aggressive stand towards people.
Thank you for updates.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Almost 2 years have passed since the last update in this thread. It captured the period immediately before the war in Ukraine. The last post was made on April 7, 2014 and on April 11 defence of Slavyansk was already set up against gathering forces of Ukrainian army.

Although this conflict didn't cause WWIII directly it definitely was the main reason that sparked the current dramatic escalation between Russia and United States, or basically between east and west respectively.

So I went back to this thread because the topic of a world war came up at today's historical first meeting between the Pope and the Patriarch of Moscow. I started to recall the origins of the ongoing conflict and it reminded me of this thread. I decided to check it just out of curiosity and what I found was surprising if not shocking.

Almost all videos of events like capturing of city administrations in Donetsk and Lugansk, arrests of activists, civil unrest and other events that took place in Donbass in March-April 2014 were deleted from youtube. 6 out of 9 videos posted at the second page of this thread were removed. Channels were blocked for "multiple copyright violations". One video just "doesn't exists".

I want to emphasize that these videos were the public evidence of very important events that are being denied by the current Ukrainian administration and western powers because these events make the current DPR and LPR states legitimate.

What do you think of this? The scale of the censorship campaign seem to be massive as they pull down entrire channels.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join