It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donetsk has risen!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This video is from March 07, 2014 and this in not Crimea. It's mainland Ukraine!

Donetsk has risen against Kiev after the arrest of people-appointed governor Pavel Guborev.
Protesters are waving Russian flags, chanting "Russia", "Donbass" (Donets Basin), "Fascism will not pass". They demand freedom for Guborev and refuse to tolerate the governor who was appointed by Kiev.

Dontesk, the capital of Donbass (Donets Basin) region, is a large industrial city and it is essential for Ukraine's economy. Kiev has lost all credibility among Russian majority of Donetsk. I think Kharkov may be next, it's on the brink too.

edit on 7-3-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Arrest of Gubarev (night of March 5-6):

Civil riot followed in the evening of March 6th:

These are the events that directly led to mass uprisings on 7th of March.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Odessa will probably go next. A number of eastern Ukrainian cities have been infiltrated, they will fall like domino's by the 16th and all join the Russian Fed. It #'s me off to watch a country being torn apart by outsiders, again.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The names, symbols and numbers that are attached to things, people, places, countries etc, only appear as though they can be anything, or are meaningless. They are in actuality a piece of what they represent, they can not lie, only hide what they represent via our ignorance.

When something changes from one thing to another, the name and symbols used to represent it haven't a choice but to change as well. When the Soviet Union was no more, it became Russia again, it began using the Symbol of St George slaying a dragon again.

The Ukraine has the Trident for it's symbol on it's flag, the Trident is the symbol of Shiva aka Satan aka Neptune, aka the snake aka the dragon. This doesn't mean all Ukrainians worship Satan or are bad or anything, it is just who is in charge there.

As Michael Tsarion is always pointing out America literally means "land of the Plumed Serpent."

People need to start looking at the symbols and names of things, they are the best way to find out what something really represents.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Autodidactic36

Message from Ukrainian opposition leaders

www.liveleak.com...
edit on 7-3-2014 by LAPainter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

weirdguy
Odessa will probably go next. A number of eastern Ukrainian cities have been infiltrated, they will fall like domino's by the 16th and all join the Russian Fed. It #'s me off to watch a country being torn apart by outsiders, again.

Russia is not exactly an outsider in this story. Imagine if some foreign government organizes a conglomerate of several ultra-right la raza gangs (who are calling for death of all Americans) to form a government by force in Mexico and is successful. Sounds a bit intimidating, right?

In our case, Kiev is the historical craddle of Russian nation and 10 million Russians there are not going anywhere. It just isn't possible. Or is it? See where it gets really intimidating?

Consider that current government in Kiev is going to outlaw Russian language and look at these figures:

Percentage of Russian-speakers among populations of the following regions:
Odessa - 85% Russian speaking
Crimea - 97%
Dnepropetrovsk - 72%
Donetsk - 93%
Zoporozhie - 81%
Lugansk — 89%
Nikolaev — 66%
Kharkov — 74%

Believe me, you don't need to "infiltrate" these regions to start a pro-Russian protest there. It's happening almost automatically. I don't know what people in US State Department were planning after all, a government takeover or a civil war? I personally think it will play out like in Egypt and artificial right-wing government will eventually be removed by the people. Unfortunately blood may be spilled once again.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I just found that massive anti-maidan protest is scheduled for today (March 8th) in Kharkov. So stay tuned to the eastern Ukraine.
I know there is almost no information about these events in your countries (even Ukranian TV doesn't cover these, shows you the extent of government bias) and you can't really "tune in", but I will post here the most interesting stuff I find from the Russian side of barricades.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Star for you Etherguide and thank you from the rest of the family here...........

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

stirling
Star for you Etherguide and thank you from the rest of the family here...........

Thanks for the star! It sounds like you have something to share here. Am I mistaking?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Etherguide

Maybe some Ukrainians should cross the border

And check the air pressure
of every bus tire in sight

Because tomorrow there may not be a border.

# 195
edit on 8-3-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

weirdguy

The question is..whos responsable..

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

LOL good one

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Russian flag was raised today in front of the Regional Council in Donetsk.

edit on 9-3-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The Ukrainian "protestors" that were duped into civil action when all this started are probably quite rightly annoyed that the new and improved Ukrainian government has been filled with the nations richest elite. And they probably thought things were going to change LOL.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

For those who don't know why there are so many Ethnic Russians in Eastern Ukraine, here is the reason. Holodomor Genocide. Russia depopulated the region, making way for Russians to move there.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

pavil

For those who don't know why there are so many Ethnic Russians in Eastern Ukraine, here is the reason. Holodomor Genocide. Russia depopulated the region, making way for Russians to move there.

You are telling stories!
en.wikipedia.org...

Russia has originated in Kiev (9th century) and in the beginning of 20th century there were more Russians than Ukranians in Kiev. Turns out that "Genocide of Urkanians by Russia" was somehow done by starving regions with Russian majority accross the entire Soviet Union (led by a Georgian guy). I say this whole Holodomor spin is designed specifically for harming Russian reputation.

I think I need to make another, more broad thread to show more of the Russian perspective in this situation. There is so much historical misunderstanding.

edit on 9-3-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The Holodomor perspective is not about reputation, it is about the deep seated hurt inflicted on the people by Russia. It is about generations who have lived under the oppression of Russia. Grandparents who tell their families of the horrors of the time.

Russia has had their pawns running the border country for too long. The people want free of the regime.

Stalin was evil scum, having those statues everywhere is revolting!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Threegirls

The Holodomor perspective is not about reputation, it is about the deep seated hurt inflicted on the people by Russia. It is about generations who have lived under the oppression of Russia. Grandparents who tell their families of the horrors of the time.

Russia has had their pawns running the border country for too long. The people want free of the regime.

Stalin was evil scum, having those statues everywhere is revolting!

Yes, I understand that. No one likes Stalin's repressions of 1930s, but Russian people don't really feel responsible for these. I find it frustraiting how Jewish organizations are still milking Germans for what fascists did to Jewish populations and yet everyone is cheering fascist Bandera flags in Kiev now. These guys have killed a lot Jews, Russians and Poles while fighting alongside Hitler. Why not push them to power in Ukraine now, right?

There are no public monuments to Stalin in Russia or Ukraine (probably only as a part of art exposition or privately owned). We began to demolish them in 1950s right after his death. BTW, right after the death of a Georgian guy Stalin, Ukranian guy Khruschev who took power, appended Crimea to Ukraine. No one cared back then as we were one big country. Who knew it will bring us to our present struggle?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Lugansk has risen! March 09, 2014.
Citizen of Lugansk stormed the regional administration building by mass and raised the Russian flag:

Kiev-appointed governor was told that he is illegitimate and was asked to resign which he in fact did (there is a photo of the paper circulating online), but the latest news is that he denies it now. People demand joining Crimea in their referendum on March 16.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Pro-russian revolution developing in Ukraine, possibly will spread to other former USSR countries as well... maybe start of a re-union process of the USSR?

NATO and the EU, in their manic attempt to build the NWO world government, will try to continue to expand their territory, especially to the east. Future circumstances caused by the pressure of the EU sooner or later will force countries in the east to either join the western pact or (re-)form their own union, something like a new and modern version of the former Soviet Union that will be able to compete against the the western union and also the rising world power China.

Ko3

<<   2  3 >>

join