It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia Airlines says plane missing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The authorities have begun a search and rescue for Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370 after the Beijing-bound plane lost contact with air traffic controllers this morning, the airline said today.

MAS said flight MH370 lost contact with Subang Air Traffic Control at 2.40am.

The B777-200 aircraft left the Kuala Lumpur International Airport at 12.41am and was expected to land in Beijing at 6.30am.

Malaysia Airlines says plane missing

Authorities have launched Search and Rescue efforts after Malaysian Airlines flight 370 failed to arrive in Beijing. The flight, a Boeing 777-200 was scheduled to land around 6:30am. Malaysian officially listed it as missing at 7:45am.

The aircraft was carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew. It departed from Kuala Lumpur, and reportedly lost contact with air traffic control.

This would make the fourth hull loss accident, and the third crash. Prior to this there had only been three fatalities related to 777 accidents.
edit on 3/7/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Can they not plot where it ought to be after two hours flight time?

If speed, weather conditions and heading are factored in with it going missing after two hours into the flight, that should tell them where its likely to be at the last point of contact no?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

That will give them the box to work with, but it's going to be a big search box.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Lost in Vietname airspace. 239 onboard.
M airlines known for running on just enough fuel!
Always avoided them.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Just heard on news that they had 7 hours of fuel left 1.5 hours ago.

Not good.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I was under the impression there was a "radar net" that pretty much captured all commercial flights above a certain elevation. The reporting of this is rather odd the way they're describing it. I guess I'm not being clear, but they made it seems as if they didn't hear from the flight crew to tell them where they are, they would not know where the plane was in it's flight path. That doesn't seem correct to me. I though a computer tracked the radar signature of these flight paths continually?
edit on 7-3-2014 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Lets all get on the same thread please, some good info (and of course a couple of people blaming the TPTB already)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

a missing plane,, don't like when these happen.....2 babies on board....not much to report at this point....

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

International flights are far beyond any kind of radar range. They report their position by waypoint arrival calls.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
flightaware.com...

source-flightaware.com

looks like it may have crashed or been blown up shortly after reaching cruise.
Can't see any other explanation, very bad news for those onboard and their families.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

at lower levels in busy airspace radar coverage is accurate, but at high altitude over oceans this is not the case

The primary difference between flying in this airspace and land-based ARTCC/FIRs is that it is impractical to survey the entire region with radar. Thus air traffic control is accomplished with time-honored non-radar procedures that were honed in the 1940s and 50s before radar coverage was common.

this is from a tutorial for a flight sim but the information is correct in the real world to.
source is VATSIM.com

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NoTarSed

That's pretty abrupt. We'll have to wait for the maintenance history of the aircraft to see if there was a mechanical issue.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Sadly the place crashed -

Vietnam media: Navy confirms flight MH370 crashed into the sea

UPDATE [12:37]: Tuoi Tre, a leading daily in Vietnam, reports that the Vietnamese Navy has confirmed the plane crashed into the ocean. According to Navy Admiral Ngo Van Phat, Commander of the Region 5, military radar recorded that the plane crashed into the sea at a location 153 miles South of Phu Quoc island.

UPDATE [12:01]: Altogether, 239 passengers & crew, from 14 different nationalities, including two infants. Passengers were from:
1. China - 152 plus 1 infant

2. Malaysia - 38

3. Indonesia - 12

4. Australia - 7

5. France - 3

6. United States of America - 3 pax plus 1 infant

7. New Zealand - 2

8. Ukraine - 2

9. Canada - 2

10. Russia - 1

11. Italy - 1

12. Taiwan - 1

13. Netherlands - 1

14. Austria - 1

The flight was piloted by Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, a Malaysian aged 53. He has a total flying hours of 18,365 hours.

He joined Malaysia Airlines in 1981. First officer, Fariq Ab.Hamid, a Malaysian, is aged 27. He has a total flying hours of 2,763 hours. He joined Malaysia Airlines in 2007.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
777. An interesting number.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
777 is a very safe jet. Malaysian is a good airline. Until now I guess, I wouldn't have hesitated with flying with them.

I'm betting the cause of this, when found, will be rather shocking.
edit on 8/3/14 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

opethPA
Lets all get on the same thread please, some good info (and of course a couple of people blaming the TPTB already)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Normally I would agree...
But the 1 second earlier thread has turned into such garbage and bickering that even I started getting snide and unrealistic. So bad I posted more of a rant.

So I came back here.
START......The plane is still missing!

Edit: the other thread should be moved to the grey area.
edit on 9-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Waiting for them to get to some debris to see if it's from the plane.

There was an A check two weeks ago with no problems.
edit on 3/9/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

What is an "A" check?

Did that other photo of debris field taken from 11,000 metres (36,089 ft ) turn out to be legit?

Edit. My gut said no.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

No it didn't.

An a check is a general health check of the plane. They run engines and do a general system check. It's usually done at the gate when the plane sits overnight.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Zaphod58

No it didn't.

An a check is a general health check of the plane. They run engines and do a general system check. It's usually done at the gate when the plane sits overnight.

Thanks I just thought of it..just woke up...
Thought it was in reference to debris field...sorry.

Well someone is checking in on this thread....you got 2 stars plus one more....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join