It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US feeding Pakistans weaponry hunger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Pakistan is a country that was very happy when Bush won the election, Why: Because now were sellings them some of our best tech.

US Selling weapons to Pak

I usually understand ever move we (the US) make, but not this one.

Apparently the US is "rewarding" for lack of better words Pakistan for helping to fight the war on terror, and how do we reward then, by sellings them advanced weaponry like the F-16C/D, P-3C, anti-ship & sub missiles, PHALANX, TOW-2A Anti-Armor Guided Missile, AMRAAM, etc.

the US is giving them 600 mill worth of weapons, and they are going to buy 1.5 billion(USD) worth of US weaponry.

Paks biggest threat in the region is India, and it seems the US prefers to pick Pak over India, I dont see why? The only thing that I can think of is that is has a pretty big border of Iran, this would put Iran in a very vunerable situation, having US troops in Iraq and Afghan and now the US would become "freinds" with Pakistan and probably put up bases to help protect them as well as gather intel. Wonder if they (US) are trying to build a missile shield around Iran.

Heres a map of Iran, and you start to think that this isn't a "get the terrorist" move its clearly a "Contain Iran" move.
With The US in Iraq & Afghan & now Pak & having ships in the persian = One pissed Iran.

Some of Pakistans future toys

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
ML, I think the buy may be more than that. According to this weeks AWST the Orion deal may reach 970 million. The article also notes the P-3C's are being sold to India too.

The long-anticipated U.S. proposal to sell eight P-3C maritime surveillance aircraft to Pakistan is now before Congress. The deal could reach $970 million. Pakistan is to use the aircraft to monitor its coastline. The foreign military sale is considered part of U.S. efforts to bolster Pakistan's ability to combat terrorist elements. P-3s are also going to India, its immediate neighbor.
Orion

Some more weapons purchases from AWST

Pakistan may buy more than 2,000 TOW-2A anti-armor guided missiles under a proposed $82-million Foreign Military Sales package with the U.S. Pakistan's existing TOW missiles are reaching the end of their shelf lives. Pakistan also has been using missiles heavily near the Afghan border. U.S. officials are concerned that it could take two years to get the replenishment TOWs to Pakistan.
TOW

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Dont worry. we know of 'great' patton-tanks and fighters.

BTH nice-looking stuffs.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
what the US fail to see is that all this tech eventually falls into the hands of the Chinese..the J-10 was a direct result of US adventurism..

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's all about keeping everything as even as they can. We�re not interested in aiding someone to invade / attack India. We are interested in making Pakistan stronger. We also want to unload some of our weapons to make room in our inventory for the newer stuff.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Even at the risk of indirectly leaking tech to China? Even North Korea?

Pakistan has military ties with North Korea as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So none of you think that this has anything to do with Iran?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

I do, maybe that's one of the reasons we invaded Iraq basicaly from what I see on the map the US is trying to encircle Iran so we can invade it from all sides?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

ever since iraq was invaded i knew it was about iran all along....this is no surprise to me, we are preparing for a future war here, planning ahead of time, i bet we made kuwait provoke iraq in 91 with the slant drilling deal so we couldve weakened iraq with war and sanctions and attack them at a future date like we did, i bet its one reason(besides russia) why we intervened in afghanistanh in 79-89 and it failed(taliban and all) so after 911 we had an excuse to fix it, this all seems to be some big puzzle being slowly but surely put together to target iran...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Namehere - You think the US has been planning to Take on Iran for over 2 decades!

I disagree with you, I think they are trying to kill 2 brids with one stone.
1. take-out Iran / 2. Take-out Terrorist

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I don't think its an active invasion thing in mind. But more of a encirclement. Pakistan is a coup away from becoming Taleban II "Now with the Bomb" so I don't think they would use it as much of a base for an active invasion anyway.

top topics

join