It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of California 'claims' that the 10 M dollar gold stash found by couple was likely stolen fro

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I would just come out and say I was hoxing for fun. That the gold had been in my family for ages and I just wanted to get some media attention so I dug a hole and pretended to find it. This way I don't pay a dime of tax since it was mine to begin with and government cant claim it. Oh and that I accumulated it through trade with now dead family members who I have no idea what they did with the traded items...
edit on 4-3-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How do we know the supposed 'theft' in the long archived newspaper actually occurred? A certain Hawaiian BC has caused me to question 'everything'.
m
Yes. I think the state is more than willing to produce false history and creating false historical documents to steal wealth from the 'little people'.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

As sad as it sounds, they should have melted the damned coins down and thrown a few bits of other metals in there to contaminate the batch a little so that they could be no direct analysis of the material with the formula of past minted gold coins. Of course, maybe also making little nuggets from the batch as they started a new hobby of prospecting around their property (where the coins were supposedly found) and had amazing "luck."

--It's fun to play around with this wild scenario. Something very similar happen in my local area last year. The find stash turned out to having bene stolen at some point. It should be mentioned that the rapid growth of the metal detecting hobby almost automatically means that a lot of old hoards will be found. The unfortunate thing is that many of these people engaged in that hobby have no qualms about trespassing on the property of others and virtually stealing what they find. Sort of a finder's-keeper's rationale. Most metal detecting clubs with state and national standing have by-laws against such dishonest activities.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Trespassing and associated theft 'is' a problem is a problem which is why the BLM practically shoves prospectors onto federal land so that if of it already refined they can claim that it was already stolen.

In this case I don't trust the light fingered employee theory because with that amount the mint would not (would not!) have stopped at a simple conviction they would have gone far beyond water torture to find the gold. The article is manufactured - no theft from a mint occurred.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I called it right!! I knew the parasites would take it from them! I knew it!!! I wouldn't tell anybody if I found something of that nature. NOBODY!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Gee....and "they" wonder why The People hate "them".

Freaking blood sucking parasites. That is what they are.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Answer

Those folks should have never gone public with their discovery.

Let it be a lesson...

to them..

Having such a windfall wasn't good enough.

Nope, they had to BRAG about it.

I would have slowly and quietly sold one here and there (far away), until I had the cash I desired. Never telling a soul.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Bunch of Bullion: Dealer Says Gold Coin Hoard Not From Heist

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Reminds me of how STATE OF CALIFORNIA (DMV) is sending me Suspension warnings unless I furnish proof of Insurance for my vehicle, that is, ongoingly for the past TEN YEARS even though every YEAR I send registered mail(!) to them showing proof as well as my insurance company (now esurance) sending me copies of the info they submit electronically EVERY DAY for the past 5 years and counting, as well as copies of mailed proof of insurance they send CA DMV every MONTH, yet CA DMV keeps saying my registration is suspended for like 10 years and going.. each time I go into the local DMV office (long beach) the filipina lady smiles and says its just crossed mailing and my insurance has been documented now but then months later CA DMV starts back again with the letter extortion campaign.

Obviously, multiple counties/cities including Los Angeles are collapsing. Long Beach public department has a high income do to fines etc but still yet the money is being laundered back into employee pockets. The more they make, the more the employees illegally take.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join