It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thief PS4 help please!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
PS4 only. I am hoping someone on ATS can help me with something that's driving me crazy about this game. I am not having a problem with the game itself, it's stupid easy. In the options menu there is an option to turn motion control on or off. The thing is, there is NO information about what function motion controls have on the game. The game manual basically consists of: put game in, play. I have searched every were online.....nada. I turn it on and play, I can't figure out what it does. I turn it off and play, no different than having it turned on. LOL It's driving me mad! Please help!

EDIT: To clarify. I am talking about the video game Thief on PS4. Not a thief stole my playstation help!

edit on 342014 by Holographicmeat because: added clarity

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I would guess motion control is for the vibration of the handset or controller. If my son was awake I'd ask him. Every new game I've played the handset vibrates during certain things in the game, especially explosions. That's my guess. I'm sure some astute gamer will have better info. Good luck...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
i think motion control is the same thing the wii originally came with.

or is that not what you're asking?

try moving the controller around and see if it does anything

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
lol in some games the motion sensors really dont have any function. but in a select few games think of it as you would a wii with driving, etc. Sony and Ps4 doesnt focus its games around this area though so most of its games have no effect with motion sensor...idk why the option is in the pause menu however haha just try moving the controller in every way imaginable

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
the ps3 controller has a motion sensor when it is tilted around it sucked and games never really picked up on it . or possibly the playstation move

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

i heard they made it better and won some award for it.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Holographicmeat

Here's an explanation from Eidos Montreal on DualShock 4 motion control in Thief.

“The best example of [the DualShock’s 4 improvements] is the motion control, which is way more precise than before. You can use it to adjust your aiming with the bow and the level of accuracy we get with it is really impressive.”
www.psu.com...

Hope that helps

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

gortex
reply to post by Holographicmeat

Here's an explanation from Eidos Montreal on DualShock 4 motion control in Thief.

“The best example of [the DualShock’s 4 improvements] is the motion control, which is way more precise than before. You can use it to adjust your aiming with the bow and the level of accuracy we get with it is really impressive.”
www.psu.com...

Hope that helps

YES! Finally, that's it. Thank you soooooooo much. That was driving me nuts.

Sanity restored.

Problem solved-Thread closed
edit on 342014 by Holographicmeat because: (no reason given)

top topics

join