It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff warns of second American revolution if gun confiscation laws pass

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Really tell that to Russia and the US regarding Afghanistan.... LOL. You obviously know nothing about warfare.

The US wouldn't be able to use fighter jets, nukes etc... They have to know who the enemy is and they create more enemies every time they strike at the people.

IT would not be pretty, and it would not be over quickly.

There is a large portion of the military who would fight for the people and not for the members of government who pass illegal laws every day.

I have to laugh at people declaring that it doesn't matter if we have the second amendment or what it was designed for because we couldn't, as the people, stand up to the government. That is laughable. We, as the people, ARE the government.

We also have access to everything we could POSSIBLY need to wage a long drawn out war with gov-bots if need be.

They DO need to be careful, because the people that can do so, have avoided it because it is not something that those of us who know what is involved, want; however, a catalyst could easily occur that would push some people over the edge and that would cause a cascade effect that would lead to the inevitable.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I guess you don't follow the recent history of US wars. While our Military posses clearly superior weapons, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan provide an important lesson. Large ground wars can gain ground but can't hold it. Asymmetrical conflicts are the norm and all those superior weapons are nearly neutralized in an urban warfare setting. That is not lost on our leadership, or the military.Wholesale gun confiscation would destroy this country and plunge us into a protracted messy 5th front conflict that nobody can win. And there is no indication that the military or domestic law enforcement would support such a domestic war. That said, be very wary of Homeland Security they are the American Gestapo.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

freedomSlave
Our gun laws in canada are not that bad we do have guns but like running a vehicle ones need to register it and have a license of proof they can operate the vehicle within the regions guildlines.

yes people do have guns, but are rather restricted in what guns may be owned, especially when it comes to handguns. now how about admitting that those gun laws have done NOTHING to stop GUN CRIME. people still do things like shoot up malls. criminals and gangs still shoot each other. all registering guns does is make it easy for the government to come and take your guns should they decide to, since they KNOW ALL the legal gun owners. not to mention the EXPENSE these days so that you can have a gun. since the "safety courses" are so expensive and in honesty not all that easy to find.

" but like running a vehicle ones need to register it and have a license of proof they can operate the vehicle within the regions guildlines.", i do like that argument, since as the saying goes, "driving is a privilege, NOT a RIGHT". which is how it seems they view gun ownership in Canada.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

swanne
reply to post by projectvxn

And what are gonna the people do against a military with jet fighter, missiles, force fields, microwave non-lethal weapons, drones, DUMBS, aircraft carriers, worldwide bases, and nuclear bombs?

Violence doesn't solve violence - it only extends it.

And, besides, am I the only one to deduce that maybe all this pro-revolution stuff is being pushed by Russia and/or China?

Hint: Snowden and Wikileaks met in Russia and in China. Another hint: the USA and China have unfinished business.

edit on 3-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

History does not agree with you.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kyuss

You say no American soldiers would attack their own but you failed to realize that there are soldiers from other countries on the ground in our country already under the guise of military war games.

There aren't enough American boots on the ground to hold the continental US, let alone foreign.

And lets say that even 25% of American troops joined with the government to fight, they'd have to make it passed all the ones who wouldn't. Foreign troops on our soil to put down an American revolt is a laughable concept. They wouldn't make it but a few days at best.

As far as American troops are concerned, I'm one of them. I do not want to destroy my own home and don't know a single soldier who does. Don't think we don't have these conversations regularly. Many of us are gun owners too. We're serious about our oaths to the Constitution, and we are certainly not the same army we were 20 - 40 years ago. We don't exist in an information vacuum, as I keep saying. We have access to the internet just as much as you do, we have access to news from around the world.

Hell right now I'm in Afghanistan. My ability to communicate while deployed has increased 1000 times what soldiers were able to do just 10 years ago. When I first came out here I wasn't sure that was even going to be possible. But my post count has only gone up since I deployed. The notion that somehow we're not gonna know what is going on is another effect of the pretentious attitude people take toward troops. The notion that we're all dumb and don't know anything outside of what our platoon sergeants tell us.

Likewise the same for the police. The idea that most police would simply follow these orders is ridiculous. Some may, but again, they would have to get passed the ones who wouldn't. I believe people have a conscience. That most people would see the stupidity in this endeavor. And the ones who refuse to see it, who would bloody their own people to enforce unjust law, would simply become the enemy, and justifiably so.

They can hire their private armies. They can get their foreign friends. Trust me, there aren't enough of them.
edit on pTue, 04 Mar 2014 01:02:30 -060020144America/Chicago2014-03-04T01:02:30-06:0031vx3 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I am from the Milwaukee Metro area and this is a good honest man. All of you that say all cops are bad take a good hard look. Also this man is a democrat.

He is 100% right if the PTB try and confiscate guns the country will fall into civil war. But I have a feeling the progressive scum bag masters have a better plan they will wait until the younger generations gain control. Take a good hard look at the younger people and ask yourself do they even understand why it is important.

Many young adults do not even want to leave the nest anymore. Many parents flat out failed there children by giving them everything and telling them they were winners.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

edit on 4-3-2014 by savagediver because: nevermind

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Why is it that there is a certain very visible, very vocal segment of society that is essentially obsessed with the 2nd amendment and relatively neutral about the rest of the Bill of Rights --and for that matter the whole US Constitution? These folks can drill multiple layers deep in arguments about the 2nd amendment but can't even name the others or coherently state a position on the current state of the 4th and 1st amendment. They might even want to trash some amendments they don't like, such as the 14th. So at the end of the day, the 2nd amendment is holy, but if some hippie gets the dung kicked out of them at a protest they laugh like it's a joke.

Because the 2ND is what gives US the opportunity and right to DEFEND the BILL OF RIGHTS & the CONSTITUITION

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Now if you don't mind, I will let you guys daydream about bloodsheds and violence, I need to get to work.

We Do Not Dream of these things that you Mention.
We Think of Our Freedom as American Citizens.
Who are Ruled Supposedly By Our Constuition & Our Bill Of Rights.
Not a Dream It Is Reality and as Citizens of The United States Of America.
We will Unlike our Government Fight if Necessary for those Rights.

LET FREEDOM RING

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

freedomSlave

crap crap crap is your attitude is crap my way or I will damn try my hardest to make it my way. It is about my right to my selfishness regardless of those who wish to be in a society where civility is portrayed only because of the face that I piss you off you just might blow my head off .

Well, here is a thought. An Armed society is a polite society. I guess that maybe you need the fear of someone being armed, to reinforce manners.
And please show me, where in the world, this idea that just because someone is armed, and you disagree, that for some odd reason you think the next step is shooting someone.

Now who lives in fear??

freedomSlave
So because you people feel safe when you have a fire arm what about all the people that don't feel safe around them around their kids.
They have the choice to remove themselves from the area/situation.
Oh, I get it. You think that I and other must capitulate to YOUR wants. Again, the Progressive attitude is about as elitist as it gets.

freedomSlave
What about people worry about sending their kids to school hoping that some other kids doesn't get any stupid ideas with dads gun .

What about the kid that has access to drugs and brings them to school.
Or, what about the tornado that might hit the school.

What ifs are childish.

freedomSlave
However to you and people like you they shouldn't have a right to express their concerns screw them I will keep what I want with force if necessary all on checked my guns or no ones business of course . Complete lack of respect for those who see a problem in society and want to do something about it .

Express all you want. Nothing is forcing you to stay there.

freedomSlave
Sorry if it bothers you so much I think people who wish to own a fire arm should at the very least be able to prove they are competent enough and have a proper secure storage. Guns need to be off the streets not adding more to the problem is not going to help .

Yep, because guns are the issue. Not the people that use them in criminal activities. Not the criminal, not the person.
And wish all you want. There is a right we have that states very clearly about firearms.

freedomSlave
There is no happy medium with you all and when they do try to meet you half way the paranoia of a gun grab knee jerk reaction all the time

You are right. There is no giving in to an absolute right. There is no happy medium with people like you. You wish to rule over me and others, imposing your rules and wants all in the name of what makes you "feel" safe.

freedomSlave
But thinking going with a full out gun fight with the government and going to win is not going to happen and is foolish to think you would win .

And who has proposed that??

freedomSlave
All I hear is crying about constitution this and 2nd amendment that ... it was written how long ago they never had population like we do now. life isn't like how it was 1791. it is 2014
Oh good hell. Yet another foreigner making a statement about OUR country, laws and documents.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the catch on this, OP. I had totally missed it with everything else going on....

Missouri Democrat state Rep. Rory Ellinger has put forth H.B. 545, which would ban "assault weapons" and many semi-automatic pistols. It would give owners of said weapons 90 days to either turn them in or get them out of the state.
(OP Missouri Link)

Our idiot lawmaker can come and ask me politely to give him what no record exists anywhere in creation to prove I have or don't have..When I say NO...he can get his worthless butt off my property. Confiscation in Missouri will result in a few less lawmakers serving in our Statehouse and little more. I don't mean violence, either. That's self defeating to such an extreme, it defies belief.......However, if these morons want to see what losing in a LANDSLIDE looks like, after they've caused conflict all over the state???? Well.... They'd better MOVE after they lose. They won't even get served coffee by anyone who recognizes them.

Period.

Ask Todd Akin about that...as there are still stories popping up occasionally in local media about the STRONG dislike his idiocy generated in Missouri residents. We don't forget...and we NEVER...EVER..forgive trespass against our God Given rights. May the force be with 'em on confiscation. Even that won't help them...but it will help them end each day safe, I imagine.

End Of Story.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

ShadeWolf

I think you're the one lacking knowledge. Know what the difference between the 1776 revolution and one today is? In the American Revolution, reinforcements and arms for the British were thousands of miles away, taking anywhere from six weeks to six months to arrive in the US.

And where did I state that wasn't such?
My statement very clearly was about funding and troop numbers.
The English military had better funding, more troops and more arms.
The colonist had the use of guerrilla warfare behind them, you know, that asymmetrical style I spoke about.

ShadeWolf
Today, the US military can load two tanks or upward of 350 soldiers into a C-5 Galaxy and put them anywhere in the continental United States inside 12 hours.

That's nice.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bluesman1955

Violence is violence, no matter under what pretext you disguise it.

What will happen once you destroy the current government?

National Security will be down. Meanwhile, Russia and China will grow into the next superpowers. All anti-american countries will try to invade the USA. Instead of peace you will have even more wars. Mafia will seize the opportunity to try and gain more power. It'll probably succeed, as it did in Italy when feudal system went south. Not only will you have opened the door to external war, but now even your streets will be hell. Imports will have stopped since anarchy will dominate the System. "Your" beloved people will exhaust the USA's resources. Once the resources are exhausted, starvation will start. Is that the future you have in mind for our children? All that because you didn't have one ounce of tolerance. All that because you have problem with authority.

You say you want Freedom. You already have freedom. When was the last time you were imprisoned for speaking your mind on ATS? When was the last time you got put in jail because you support revolution? Before you start a "holy" revolution against your government, I would suggest you resolve your own issues. It's so easy to blame others, you people started enjoying it. You saw revolution films and now you confuse it with reality. Answer this for me: You say the Government isn't perfect. Well, I say to you, are you perfect?

edit on 4-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

SubTruth
History does not agree with you.

Er, Yes it does:

Mao Zedong's revolution

Stalin's revolution

The Reign of Terror (french revolution)

Welcome to the real world.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

swanne
reply to post by bluesman1955

Violence is violence, no matter under what pretext you disguise it.

What will happen once you destroy the current government?

National Security will be down. Meanwhile, Russia and China will grow into the next superpowers. All anti-american countries will try to invade the USA. Instead of peace you will have even more wars. Mafia will seize the opportunity to try and gain more power. It'll probably succeed, as it did in Italy when feudal system went south. Not only will you have opened the door to external war, but now even your streets will be hell. Imports will have stopped since anarchy will dominate the System. "Your" beloved people will exhaust the USA's resources. Once the resources are exhausted, starvation will start. Is that the future you have in mind for our children? All that because you didn't have one ounce of tolerance. All that because you have problem with authority.

You say you want Freedom. You already have freedom. When was the last time you were imprisoned for speaking your mind on ATS? When was the last time you got put in jail because you support revolution? Before you start a "holy" revolution against your government, I would suggest you resolve your own issues. It's so easy to blame others, you people started enjoying it. You saw revolution films and now you confuse it with reality. Answer this for me: You say the Government isn't perfect. Well, I say to you, are you perfect?

edit on 4-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

We have less and less freedom on a daily basis.
Due to crooked Government.
So basically what you are saying is that we should lay down our arms our only defense for survival from tyrants ?
I'm not saying that we start a Revolution but if it comes down to that I for one Do Not want to be Defenseless.
I have no problem with Authority til Authority oversteps it's Bounds which would be Our Constiution.
AND BY THE WAY NO ONE IS PERFECT.
JUST SOME ARE TO SLOW TO CATCH ON.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I'm not saying that we start a Revolution but if it comes down to that I for one Do Not want to be Defenseless.

Sure, but at least wait and make sure you're not starting it before it comes down to that. No one wants to be defenceless, but make sure you're not the bully in this picture. That' all that I'm saying.

I have no problem with Authority til Authority oversteps it's Bounds which would be Our Constiution.

A constitution which was written 300 years ago. A constitution which never accounted for modern politics such as MAD, terrorism, mafia, ideological wars, globalization.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

A constitution which was written 300 years ago. A constitution which never accounted for modern politics such as MAD, terrorism, mafia, ideological wars, globalization.

A Constitution built by men who believed we should mind our own business.

There have been ideological wars since the beginning of mankind.

Globalization is yet another reason the Constitution should be adhered to. Globalization, while providing unprecedented opportunity to unite as a world and thrust mankind into a glorious future, also has the huge potential to thrust us into a global dictatorship.

You keep going on and on about how it's 300 years old. Tell me how has the propensity of government to become tyrannical become less pronounced? How has the potential for war for any reason escaped our nature? How, in fact, has human nature changed?

The Constitution is a document written as the foundation for individual governance. Not a blanket authority for the government to rule. To me, that is the beauty of it, and as such it should be preserved.
edit on pTue, 04 Mar 2014 10:00:56 -060020144America/Chicago2014-03-04T10:00:56-06:0031vx3 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

swanne

And WE have a method to change things. Yet, that method is not walked, as those that oppose the 2nd know any actual challenge would fail in epic form.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Then you would agree if the next President that differs from you ideologically decides that it is in the country's best interests if the political opposition to him has no rights to free speech? I mean, it is a 300 year old Constitution that didn't account for modern communications like computers and telephones.

If that would happen, what would be your recourse? To demonstrate peacefully? Oops, sorry, that right has been taken.. that's why you would be demonstrating.

Awww, this is all to no avail. It isn't your Constitution that's 300 years old. (not that ours IS 300 years old)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

You're absolutely right. It was written long before some of these things could be imagined on todays scale. All the more impressive they wrote something which would come to be so critical and so important to the living of daily life to hundreds of millions today. Gold Bless 'em All...2nd Amendment most certainly included.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join