It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff warns of second American revolution if gun confiscation laws pass

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
these little dictators are going to turn the streets of america into a war zone if they keep it up.

you give your guns up, you WILL lose your liberty in the short run.

if i was givin the orders to go door to door and take guns, i whould laugh in there face. i did not sign up for suicide missions.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
"Shall not be infringed upon" will take on a whole new meaning if gun confiscation begins. When a law abideing citizen is killed in the line of defending his home & property from the powers that are there to take his firearms....that's a declaration of war on the American public. Americans, with firearms will use them for their intent. To quell tyranny. The founding fathers never said that when we got to this point that it would be easy. And they knew we would get to where we are as a nation. That's the beauty of the 2nd Amendment. Not needed, till it's needed. We are reaching that point...rapidly.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I'm from Canada, mate. I am not sure how I am supposed to take your comment?... (puzzled)

I'm Pacifist. If being Pacifist means being Loyalist, then I'm not sure where Buddha, Jesus or Gandhi would fit in the American Revolution...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

luciddream
2nd Revolution eh?

Ill bet on the side with 700Billion military budget.

Seems to be that the Military Force of England thought the same thing.

Oh ye of little military knowledge.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't know why this thought is buggin the hell out of me, Anyone here old enough to remember Kent State? When the National Guard open fired on protesting students, killing four of them! Also this quote from Ben Franklin, (i may be wrong)), "Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither."

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

swanne

I'm from Canada, mate. I am not sure how I am supposed to take your comment?... (puzzled)

I'm Pacifist. If being Pacifist means being Loyalist, then I'm not sure where Buddha, Jesus or Gandhi would fit in the American Revolution...

Take it this way:
You are a non-American supposing to tell us how to run our revolutions.

In light of your being Canadian, it is quite possible that you came from former Loyalist stock.

Get it?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

swanne
reply to post by projectvxn

And what are gonna the people do against a military with jet fighter, missiles, force fields, microwave non-lethal weapons, drones, DUMBS, aircraft carriers, worldwide bases, and nuclear bombs?

Violence doesn't solve violence - it only extends it.

And, besides, am I the only one to deduce that maybe all this pro-revolution stuff is being pushed by Russia and/or China?

Hint: Snowden and Wikileaks met in Russia and in China. Another hint: the USA and China have unfinished business.

edit on 3-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

that is where the militias, that the US has been demonizing, and cracking down on enter the picture. i have heard rumors for years that they have things like aircraft, tanks, missile systems and the like stashed away. there have been some of these pieces of US military hardware found in warehouses and in transport in Canada. it wouldn't surprise me that there are a lot more hidden, since Canada has a lot of "unused areas" where no one generally goes. there are even some unused areas in the US especially Alaska that could also be used as "storage sites". anyone remember the "mysterious containers" found buried in some park not too long ago?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

w8tn4it
I don't know why this thought is buggin the hell out of me, Anyone here old enough to remember Kent State? When the National Guard open fired on protesting students, killing four of them! Also this quote from Ben Franklin, (i may be wrong)), "Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither."

Kent State?I was 9.You ARE old!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

2nd Revolution eh? Ill bet on the side with 700Billion military budget.

You mean the military that brought us VietNam, Iraq and Afghanistan?
Hint: In those adventures, our military were not even shooting at friends, relatives and countrymen.... but still failed.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

butcherguy
You are a non-American supposing to tell us how to run our revolutions.

In light of your being Canadian, it is quite possible that you came from former Loyalist stock.

Get it?

So you were going for a personal approach, eh? My ancestry were Irish, European French and Mediterranean. Emigrants from Europe while it was being destroyed by a marxist farmer who decided to control the World "for the people" (Hitler).

I'm not telling you how to run your revolution. I'm telling you how your revolution will end. History shows how large revolutions end in our modern world. I am telling you all this a man who actually read history. You can take the information or ignore it. As for me I am, as you know, canadian. I have no stakes in your fights.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I'm telling you how your revolution will end.

Nah.
You are telling us how you, as a pacifist Canadian, think it will end.
We don't have to believe you.

BTW: I was not belittling you by being personal, plus, I didn't ask you where you were from.
But it does make a difference.
edit on bu312014-03-03T10:07:06-06:0010America/ChicagoMon, 03 Mar 2014 10:07:06 -060010u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by swanne

Violence doesn't solve violence - it only extends it.

You would have been known as a Loyalist during the American Revolution.

After it was over, they fled to Canada.

edit on bu312014-03-03T09:41:53-06:0009America/ChicagoMon, 03 Mar 2014 09:41:53 -06009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

If they weren't already tied to a lamp post tarred and feathered that is...choose sides carfully because the power of the people is everything.

Also to those who think it would be a fight against our own military...think again. Even if as psychological experiments have shown a percentage will blindly follow orders there is a much larger percentage that won't. I am confident that with their help those that blindly follow orders against the people can be detained or neutralized as a threat to the people. WE ARE THE POWER HERE...BUT FIRST YOU HAVE TO REALIZE IT!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Why is it that there is a certain very visible, very vocal segment of society that is essentially obsessed with the 2nd amendment and relatively neutral about the rest of the Bill of Rights --and for that matter the whole US Constitution? These folks can drill multiple layers deep in arguments about the 2nd amendment but can't even name the others or coherently state a position on the current state of the 4th and 1st amendment. They might even want to trash some amendments they don't like, such as the 14th. So at the end of the day, the 2nd amendment is holy, but if some hippie gets the dung kicked out of them at a protest they laugh like it's a joke.

Well, this particular thread is about the second amendment, and the encroachment of government on the right to arms. While I am a staunch supporter of gun rights the rest of the constitution is not lost on me. Government overreach is government overreach no matter who it is happening to. But nice try on derailing the topic. It was almost masterful.

Without getting into a Constitutional debate here, it's become clear to me over the years that certain people are simply gun "fetishists" and the second amendment is a facilitator for their addiction. It's a ruse if you ask me. You didn't ask of course, so let the derision begin. I don't care.

So I take it you entered the debate in this thread simply to talk down to people?

You didn't enter to have a constitutional debate, but yet you accuse me and others of not only ignoring the rest of the constitution, but simply picking and choosing from it like it's a menu. You force the argument to be framed in the context of the constitution and yet you say you aren't here to debate it...So what exactly are you here for?

The fascination with guns is understandable, if you look at how children grow up watching TV and movies in the US. I believe this gun-love must be the result of some kind of corporate marketing initiative, similar to an unhealthy fascination with video games, an addition to daytime drama shows, spending all your money on toy trains etc. People are way too emotionally connected with these things.

I will say this:

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

The part in bold, to translate, means that people will put up with a lot of crap for a long period of time before they feel the urgency of threat to their stability. And sometimes that threat grows so large that it becomes the duty of every citizen who can, to do something about it, up to and including declaring war, or responding to a declaration of war by the government. In this case it would be the confiscation of the very means we hold to fight back.

A disarmed population will not long stay free.

Take this one step. For two weeks, don't touch a gun, don't look at youtube videos about destroying things with guns. Don't watch any TV show or movie with a gun in it. No first person shooter games. Maybe use the time to learn about the rest of the Bill of Rights?

I have a better idea.

Why don't you stop looking down your nose at your fellow citizens?

edit on pMon, 03 Mar 2014 10:08:45 -060020143America/Chicago2014-03-03T10:08:45-06:0031vx3 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

khimbar
I have a totally different theory.

They are never going to take the guns. They are never going to try to take the guns. It's logistically impossible.

What they might do is let people to believe they are going to take the guns. Then when they don't, people can cheer and say 'Well we sure stopped them' and go on thinking they've won something.

That's how I see it as well. But as some nut jobs are trying to change law abiding citizens into criminals if we don't accept their way of life and thinking, then those of us who oppose them have to speak out. Just to remind them that we can think for ourselves.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

No you don't have to believe me. It's your life, you decide what to do with it. You have the right to ignore everything I told you. You have the right to ignore history. I don't mind, I am no stranger to people's stubbornness.

Now if you don't mind, I will let you guys daydream about bloodsheds and violence, I need to get to work.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by luciddream

2nd Revolution eh? Ill bet on the side with 700Billion military budget.

You mean the military that brought us VietNam, Iraq and Afghanistan?
Hint: In those adventures, our military were not even shooting at friends, relatives and countrymen.... but still failed.

and the main reason they failed was that they are just too high tech. it seems that all the reliance on techy gadgets is always an issue when fighting a "guerrilla war", just as the Russians found out in Afghanistan, not to mention the "terrorist threat", that seems to be so hard for the US military to deal with. it seems for some reason that those using "low tech" seem to have an advantage against those using "high tech". heck even the British beat the French in one famous battle (darn it i can't think of the name of it right now) since the french relied so much on their superior armor and thus attacked in poor terrain and while tired from a long march.

it's not what you have, but how you use it that really counts in the end. and it seems that throughout history the "underdog" has a bad habit of fighting much better, winning battles and even wars.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Now if you don't mind, I will let you guys daydream about bloodsheds and violence, I need to get to work.

I didn't mind what you were about at the start today.
It would seem that you were minding what we were about down here.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Believe me I am in no way saying don't speak out or fight for the rights you have.

I'm merely postulating a thought I keep having. That, lets call them TPTB for now, must know they can never really confiscate the guns. Never. It's impossible.

So keep the population on edge, thinking that they might be trying to.

It's Big Brothers chocolate ration. That's all I can think of.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

butcherguy
It would seem that you were minding what we were about down here.

Yes, indeed - a mistake, it would seem.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

khimbar
reply to post by TDawgRex

Believe me I am in no way saying don't speak out or fight for the rights you have.

I'm merely postulating a thought I keep having. That, lets call them TPTB for now, must know they can never really confiscate the guns. Never. It's impossible.

So keep the population on edge, thinking that they might be trying to.

It's Big Brothers chocolate ration. That's all I can think of.

I think that the truth is far more mundane and dangerous than that.

I believe (the mundane part) that they really are stupid enough to think that they have this power and that LEOs and the military would back them up all the way.

The dangerous part is that because they are stupid enough to believe they have this power, that they will attempt it. The have shown, as I have posted in the OP and in subsequent posts in this thread, that they are willing to attempt it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join