It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lois Learner will Testify this Week...Did the President order Harassment of the Tea Party?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It is rare that a member of an organization will blow the whistle on his or her higher-ups. Maybe in organized crime where the person under the hammer may literally save their skins under murder charges, but in government, that never happens. Of course,they get their own version of death threats from minions of the higher-ups. The message is clear even without being passed down. "Take the fall if it gets beyond your ability to deny everything. Otherwise, you will never work in this town or a decent business again."

So what will happen if she makes a slip and implicates herself? Obama will take his sweet time firing her. Matter solved it will be announced, "Please, Fox, don't push this matter any longer, you liars, there is not need for further investigations. We've got an important election coming up."

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

jimmyx
let me ask something here....if 503c4 groups are specifically set up to claim a tax exemption, why WOULDN'T the IRS target them? they are trying to NOT pay taxes by claiming an exemption...hello?...who thinks that when someone claims an exemption on their taxes, that the IRS is not going to check and see if that is a legal exemption? I think every damn one of those 503c4 groups should have been targeted...it doesn't matter what political side they advocate, it's about getting away with not paying taxes.

yes yes of course....

The Internal Revenue Service on Friday apologized for targeting groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names, confirming long-standing accusations by some conservatives that their applications for tax-exempt status were being improperly delayed and scrutinized.

Lois G. Lerner, the IRS official who oversees tax-exempt groups, said the “absolutely inappropriate” actions by “front-line people” were not driven by partisan motives.

IRS admits targeting conservatives for tax scrutiny in 2012 election

OOps !!

The new head of the IRS has apologized to those who suffered because of the agency’s targeting of conservative groups, after he testified before a House subcommittee for the first time.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen told reporters after the hearing before the House Ways and Means Committee that the singling out of such organizations for special scrutiny would be “intolerable,” and vowed the IRS is not doing so now.

“It won't happen going forward,” Koskinen said. “And to the extent that people suffered accordingly, I apologize for that.”

New IRS chief apologizes to targeted conservative groups after House hearing

As the Wall Street Journal reports:

“We now know that the IRS targeted not only right-leaning applicants, but also right-leaning groups that were already operating as 501(c)(4)s,” Mr. Camp said in a statement. “At Washington, DC’s direction, dozens of groups operating as 501(c)(4)s were flagged for IRS surveillance, including monitoring of the groups’ activities, websites and any other publicly available information. Of these groups, 83% were right-leaning. And of the groups the IRS selected for audit, 100% were right-leaning.”

100% of Groups Audited by the IRS Were, You Guessed It, Conservative

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
". . . not even a smidgen of corruption at the IRS."
-Barack Obama

So nothing to see here. Obama said it's okay.

I do wonder if this had anything to do with Holder's "panic attack" the other day.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Since Issa'a appearance on Fox Sunday with Chris Wallace this morning stating Lerner's attorney has confirmed she will appear to testify this coming Wednesday, a new release by her attorney just in. They are now asking that Lerner have a one week delay before she testifies. The official reply by Issa and the committee was, she can make that request for a week delay, in person on Wednesday when she arrives to the hearing. They will consider it then.

Sounds like a complex cat and mouse game. Or, the white house is pushing for the delay to try to get a better handle on the *new* information Issa claims they have in hand.

This is getting more interesting by the minute...

Des

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Issa said no immunity.

The way I understand it she would have to make a profer (spelling?) to the committee.

Saying exactly what she would testify to. So if she doesn't seek immunity.

She can be charged. She has something to say.

Let's see if these incompetent naval gazers can ask a simple question. Not holding my breath.

edit on 2-3-2014 by whyamIhere because: Spelling...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

butcherguy

jimmyx
let me ask something here....if 503c4 groups are specifically set up to claim a tax exemption, why WOULDN'T the IRS target them? they are trying to NOT pay taxes by claiming an exemption...hello?...who thinks that when someone claims an exemption on their taxes, that the IRS is not going to check and see if that is a legal exemption? I think every damn one of those 503c4 groups should have been ilktargeted...it doesn't matter what political side they advocate, it's about getting away with not paying taxes.

Uhh yeah....

Therein lies the problem.

The IRS was only targeting certain groups due to their political ideology ... if it was against the Obama administration. Totally political. Not how the IRS is supposed to function.

no they weren't targeting certain groups, if so, how did liberals groups also get audited?...www.reuters.com...

I found this article that chairman Issa ONLY asked for targeted conservative groups, not liberal groups
www.politico.com...

this isn't how a investigative committee is supposed to function.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

ButButBut......

The letter further stated that out of the 20 groups applying for tax-exempt status whose names contained "progress" or "progressive", 6 had been chosen for more scrutiny as compared to all of the 292 groups applying for tax-exempt status whose names contained "tea party", "patriot", or "9/12."

But But But

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

They admitted "Special Scrutiny" for groups with certain words like...

Tea party

Patriot

Liberty

Constitution

To name a few. I don't know about you, but I think this is as UnAmerican as you can get.

These words have very profound meanings to many and should not be subjected to "Special Scrutiny".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join