It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lois Learner will Testify this Week...Did the President order Harassment of the Tea Party?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Former Internal Revenue Service official Lois Lerner, a central figure in the IRS scandal, will appear before Congress Wednesday after refusing to testify last year on the matter, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., said Sunday. Issa, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, told “Fox News Sunday” that Lerner’s lawyers said she will testify before his committee, after saying last week that she would not.

This woman has been receiving death threats....Good.

Issa and Lerner’s attorneys have argued about whether she is protected under the Fifth Amendment from having to testify.

The woman works for us. Should she not tell us who gave the order to harass the Tea Party?

Issa said Sunday that Lerner was “in a powerful position and could have been acting alone.” Congressional documents also suggest that she was under political pressure to orchestrate the targeting.

So this woman took it on herself to impede a free and fair Presidential Election?

Last week, Lerner attorney William Taylor said his client will testify on Capitol Hill only if compelled by a federal court or if given immunity for the testimony.

Can't anyone in DC tell the truth? This woman is a disgusting human being.

She represents everything that is wrong with our government.

Now can anybody ask the right questions? Enough with these five minute open ended questions.

Let's see if Mr. Issa can get single question answered. I'm not holding my breath.

Foxnews.com

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

It is my understanding they still have not offered immunity for her testimony... Either way if she opens up like a bad can of spam or she takes the 5th again she is screwed for the rest of her life.. No doubt in my mind rightly so..

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

727Sky

It is my understanding they still have not offered immunity for her testimony... Either way if she opens up like a bad can of spam or she takes the 5th again she is screwed for the rest of her life.. No doubt in my mind rightly so..

They should charge her with Conspiracy if she takes the 5th.

She should be taken to jail and be offered bail.

There are rumors it was Chuck Schumer that gave the order to the IRS.

If Chuckie did it....He could be in a world of trouble.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

IF she has a decent attorney, I'm sure they've told her, she's been hung out to dry by those who gave her, her orders on how to use her position and power.

IF, she has 2 brains cells to rub together, she'll take their advice on rolling on those who have attempted to bury her. She is not in a position to be demanding anything from Issa at this point. Too much evidence has come to light for her to play dumb.

Des

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Based on past lies he should have been sent to Club Fed along time ago... Maybe another "to big to fail" only on a smaller more personal level for one of the inner beltway boys club guys.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If it was Obama, she'll fall on her sword. You know she will. She'll say it was all her idea. If it was anyone else ... she might start to sing.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

If those death threats are coming from Chicago, Hawaii, Indonesia and signed "Soebarkah", then she has a WAY bigger problem than Mr. Issa!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Granite

If those death threats are coming from Chicago, Hawaii, Indonesia and signed "Soebarkah", then she has a WAY bigger problem than Mr. Issa!!!!

I would assume. If using the story of death threats in attempting to procure immunity from a Congressional hearing, one would have to provide *proof* of such death threats to the Congressional hearing committee. Those would, I think, be turned over to the FBI for investigation. If there are no reliable death threats, throw another perjury charge on her.

All I really see happening now is delaying tactics.

Des

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I read those threats were verified and being investigated.

It's not wise to threaten anyone. Especially someone that's the target witness for a congressional hearing.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

whyamIhere
reply to post by Destinyone

I read those threats were verified and being investigated.

It's not wise to threaten anyone. Especially someone that's the target witness for a congressional hearing.

Thanks for the clarification. I agree it's unwise to threaten a witness in any investigation. I just hope, she's not *accident* prone.

Des

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

That is news to me..... that a US Senator issues orders to the IRS, and they follow the orders???

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
let me ask something here....if 503c4 groups are specifically set up to claim a tax exemption, why WOULDN'T the IRS target them? they are trying to NOT pay taxes by claiming an exemption...hello?...who thinks that when someone claims an exemption on their taxes, that the IRS is not going to check and see if that is a legal exemption? I think every damn one of those 503c4 groups should have been targeted...it doesn't matter what political side they advocate, it's about getting away with not paying taxes.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

jimmyx
let me ask something here....if 503c4 groups are specifically set up to claim a tax exemption, why WOULDN'T the IRS target them? they are trying to NOT pay taxes by claiming an exemption...hello?...who thinks that when someone claims an exemption on their taxes, that the IRS is not going to check and see if that is a legal exemption? I think every damn one of those 503c4 groups should have been ilktargeted...it doesn't matter what political side they advocate, it's about getting away with not paying taxes.

Uhh yeah....

Therein lies the problem.

The IRS was only targeting certain groups due to their political ideology ... if it was against the Obama administration. Totally political. Not how the IRS is supposed to function.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Granite

How does this fiction advance or contribute to the thread. You're here to get laughs? There's a jokes forum for that.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

jimmyx
let me ask something here....if 503c4 groups are specifically set up to claim a tax exemption, why WOULDN'T the IRS target them? they are trying to NOT pay taxes by claiming an exemption...hello?...who thinks that when someone claims an exemption on their taxes, that the IRS is not going to check and see if that is a legal exemption? I think every damn one of those 503c4 groups should have been targeted...it doesn't matter what political side they advocate, it's about getting away with not paying taxes.

Agreed....

Do all of them. Not just your rising political rivals.

Very few of then deserve their status.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm watching Issa on Fox Sunday now, with Chris Wallace, explaining he and his committee have new information, that makes it in Lerner's best interest to testify now. Her attorney has reviewed some of the new info, and agreed for her to testify on Wednesday. He would not confirm she has been granted immunity.

Sounds like she may fall on her sword.

Des

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

butcherguy

That is news to me..... that a US Senator issues orders to the IRS, and they follow the orders???

Here's 2 old threads about that.....

U.S. Senator Calls for Using IRS to Curtail Tea Party Activities

Schumer (D), Franken (D) urged IRS to Target Tea Party in 2012

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

There is a bus coming...

Lois better throw somebody under it or she will get run over.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I remember that thread.

The rumor is she is going to say Chuck Schumer pressured her.

I hope she says that.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

jimmyx

It was about the nature of the targeting. There was at least one person who was claiming that his groups application was held up unnecessarily until he changed the name of it to sound progressive on purpose and then they were approved within about two weeks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join