It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Rights, Respect and a Rule of Life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

You had the option to be Gay or Straight?

So are you saying you could easily select the opposite at any moment?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

So are you saying you could easily select the opposite at any moment?

Exactly.

Choice in this context is not just the continual process of making that choice, but contrasting the choice with the alternatives. Said person is saying he/she thought and reflected on the merits of being gay and or straight. I hardly believe that constituted actually feeling attraction to both sex while they were allegedly making that decision… An orientation is about the underlying attraction after all.

I actually don't buy it's a choice. Not even if it's said [rarely it is] from a gay or straight person. I would love to hear them describe the day it happened and all the days thereafter they reaffirmed their choice. I submit, the ones that claim to genuinely 'change' their orientation are just bisexual.

My bias as I am a bisexual perhaps. Hope that made any sense.
edit on 2-3-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Sexual orientation is not a choice. You either like something or you don't.

If you like the warm summer, that isn't a choice - you either like it or not.
If you like chocolate ice-cream, that isn't a choice - you either like it or not.

Likewise,

if you like men, that isn't a choice - you either like men or not.
If you like women, that isn't a choice - you either like women or not.

And yes, I agree with the original post to this thread. We should all just live in Liberty and Justice. As long as you aren't hurting anyone else, you should be able to have some happiness in life, too.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I did.

You mean to express it externally?

at one time. But now I am straight,

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

arpgme

If you like chocolate ice-cream, that isn't a choice - you either like it or not.

Likewise,

And yes, I agree with the original post to this thread. We should all just live in Liberty and Justice. As long as you aren't hurting anyone else, you should be able to have some happiness in life, too.

at one time I loved Sex with men and women. I had it with men alone and enjoyed it greatly. I have had it with couples and en, joyed it, I had it with women alone and enjoyed it.

I was truly the "B" in the LGBT. Today I don't have those desires. It has all changed. I am strictly a straight and I am not longer attracted sexually to men and couples. I am only attracted to my wife today. I still have gay men flirt with me and it makes me uncomfortable but in my teens up to thirties it would not have bothered me.

So Yes, I changed and I have the choice.

But this thread is not about Gays ONLY it is about Humane treatment of each and every person of any color, gender, Handicap, religion and sexual preference.

If each and everyone of us when we come in contact with another person we would always seek their best in our interaction there would not be the divisions that have had to be separately exalted in laws to make sure we all have the same rights.

Think of others better than yourself, and seek their welfare above yours and they in like do the same there would be a peace that works to unite as a nation and not divided us. United we stand but divided we fall.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

arpgme

Likewise,

You choose to like something or not depending on your feeling towards that which you like or dont like.

Weather is a environmental influence we all have to deal with at which sometimes we like it sometimes we don't. I like both men and women I just don.t like to have sex with men other women and couples anymore. I chose to Love only one women and seek her best above myself.

We would all have to define what is hurting some one else because their will always be the few who will say well what is right for you is not right for me. Living in true liberty and Justice calls on us to seek the best for others above ourselves and vice versa.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join