It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charms, spells and incantations. Tools? Real or not necassary?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I mean outside effects, not internal effects. LOL!!!
If I were to use dope and feel great - that's one thing. BUT if I were to use it (in any fashion) and it would help 'produce and effect' - that has nothing to do with my own altered state......that's what I mean.
You crack me up. LOL

Originally posted by worldwatcher
morbid has more insight on the herbs than I do, but my theory is herbs should definitely have some sort of effect on a person just not "magical"
I mean every herb ingested, inhaled, whatever, will cause some sort chemical/physical reaction in your body.
like weed makes me high and meditative, chamomile (is that how you spell it) when brewed in a tea, makes me sleepy.
those herbs have no "magical properties" just the combination of the herbs and the human physiology
causes various effects.

now I am not sure about the objects. personally I have a black onyx necklace, that I refuse to remove on any occasion. WHY? because I don't feel balanced or right without it. It's not a talisman in the traditional sense, no one blessed it, chanted over it or anything like that. It was gift, I loved it and when I put it on, I felt good...now when I take it off, something is missing...so in a way I guess it became a talisman for me.

now on the other hand, I know people who have talismans to protect them from something. Children in my culture wear "black and white bead" on their wrist to protect them from the evil eye, that kind of thing, these people put alot of credence into this, unfortunately, I have no proof if it does or does not work.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
oh yeah to give you a specific on one of those "sacred objects"

I know a hindu priest who has a "book", it is the book in which hindu priests claim they can see "your life" since according to them, it has already been predetermined according to the stars under which you were born.

Well I was over at this guy's house, having the usual debates, someone came over for a reading from the book. Now I have never ever seen this book on the many numerous occasions I have been in his house, but when he took the book out, and removed the velvet covering, there was a strange almost pleasant vibe in the room. (i know i don't make sense, but I feel vibes from different things, which somehow make me decide if that vibe is good or bad etc, etc)
Anyway, the vibe in the room changed, from what was a little tense....remember we were debating before, issues like God, life after death, that kind of thing and I tend to oppose traditional religion, so given we were both hot under the collars to say the least.

sorry. after he gave the person their reading, I asked to see the book which he allowed me to do, only after I assured him I wasn't menstruating and I had washed my hands and faces. The book is written in Sanskrit, so I didn't understand much, lots of charts, diagrams, and stuff. But in my hand, the book actually had a strong vibe of its own. It felt (alive?) don't know the word I want to use, but it didn't feel like a regular cold paper book.

now this is where got I confused, does the book itself with its secrets of predetermined life has its own energy or is it the energy from the hindu priest who uses it and fully believes in it, transferred and issuing from the book?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Honestly, I am getting lost here. Replying one at a time. I love these topics. So here is the answer to this.

Herbs and their use (incense taylored to the herbs as well)
That about sums it up.

The word witch is often misused. Please see this link for further clarification on this topic. The differences between witches and wiccans
True they can be the same, but, in most cases they are different. I am not a witch, though, in the future, I could decide to become one, and still remain wiccan. Kinda confusing, but, pretty straightforward at the same time.

The gifts one os born with or not really don't have much if anything to do with being a witch. Sylvia Browne is a "Spiritualist" and John Edward is Christian I believe. Both are without a doubt extremely gifted, but, not witches.

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
What search word would you use to look up a list of these things?
Oh - and what on earth is a witches arua? I know I'd have been burned at the stake in Salem, but I've never thought of myself a a witch. I though of witches (weatrher it is a real thing or not)...to be those who were not born with gifts, but instead gather together to produce a gifts benefits.

Kind of like some people are born with ability, and a witch is a person not born of ability but who learns ability through other methods. Is this a god idea of the meening?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have text that seem to change with each reading. The words are the same of course, but the meeining and context change with the intent of the read.
I understand and have a precious few possesions myself that contain energy that resinates strong enough to feel.

oh yeah to give you a specific on one of those "sacred objects"

I know a hindu priest who has a "book", it is the book in which hindu priests claim they can see "your life" since according to them, it has already been predetermined according to the stars under which you were born.

Well I was over at this guy's house, having the usual debates, someone came over for a reading from the book. Now I have never ever seen this book on the many numerous occasions I have been in his house, but when he took the book out, and removed the velvet covering, there was a strange almost pleasant vibe in the room. (i know i don't make sense, but I feel vibes from different things, which somehow make me decide if that vibe is good or bad etc, etc)
Anyway, the vibe in the room changed, from what was a little tense....remember we were debating before, issues like God, life after death, that kind of thing and I tend to oppose traditional religion, so given we were both hot under the collars to say the least.

sorry. after he gave the person their reading, I asked to see the book which he allowed me to do, only after I assured him I wasn't menstruating and I had washed my hands and faces. The book is written in Sanskrit, so I didn't understand much, lots of charts, diagrams, and stuff. But in my hand, the book actually had a strong vibe of its own. It felt (alive?) don't know the word I want to use, but it didn't feel like a regular cold paper book.

now this is where got I confused, does the book itself with its secrets of predetermined life has its own energy or is it the energy from the hindu priest who uses it and fully believes in it, transferred and issuing from the book?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

This is the thought going through my head as well.
A few months ago I was wondering by a rack of items and something caught my eye as I passed. Out of 100's of stones on a regular old black string was one that I had to have. It wasn't the prettiest, didn't match my clothing or any outfit I had, nothing about it looked especialy great. But that was the one I felt I needed to buy. I've not taken it off since.
So, in reguards to reiki/charms/visualising and distance energy transfer....here I am with the energiezed stone.

It was after an especialy eventful grounding yesterday morning that I stumbled across the text about energy and charms ect. So I tried and I'll be darned if I didn't notice a difference in yesterday.

Question answered????

It seems you have already answered your question then. This stone you picked has a very complimenting energy to your own. I too have "objects" that I have picked up, not necessarily at a store) that do the same thing to me. Some of the best things you can have are found during a nature walk.

One stone I must always carry is one I got at the funeral of my father in law. Rather than the prayer everyone else did, I made a promise to him. As I did, I felt the stone gain power. Now, when that stone and I are apart, or something is happening against my promise to him, I can feel the energy in that stone and myself change.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I haven't read the sites yet, but have them bookmarked. But the things you wrote on the pages linked to the link below....it explains reiki very well, reiki and other , um....well....it pretty much give the jist to control of your life and even those around you as far as personal issues.

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by m0rbid
If you really have a lot of imagination, strong will and determination.

I agree with this 100%. It's called intent. All religions use these charms and spells in one form or another. Even christianity, although they'll call it by different names.

In this thread I have links to two sites, which show what is needed to perform any kind of magic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I have text that seem to change with each reading. The words are the same of course, but the meeining and context change with the intent of the read.
I understand and have a precious few possesions myself that contain energy that resinates strong enough to feel.

SO Angela, would you say it is the object in itself that has this energy? or is it your energy that gives this object its vibe?

btw, glad to have contributed in making you laugh

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
You've given me some great links this morning. I'll be busy reading and following links for a week! Thanks :-)
Angela

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
Honestly, I am getting lost here. Replying one at a time. I love these topics. So here is the answer to this.

Herbs and their use (incense taylored to the herbs as well)
That about sums it up.

The word witch is often misused. Please see this link for further clarification on this topic. The differences between witches and wiccans
True they can be the same, but, in most cases they are different. I am not a witch, though, in the future, I could decide to become one, and still remain wiccan. Kinda confusing, but, pretty straightforward at the same time.

The gifts one os born with or not really don't have much if anything to do with being a witch. Sylvia Browne is a "Spiritualist" and John Edward is Christian I believe. Both are without a doubt extremely gifted, but, not witches.

What search word would you use to look up a list of these things?
Oh - and what on earth is a witches arua? I know I'd have been burned at the stake in Salem, but I've never thought of myself a a witch. I though of witches (weatrher it is a real thing or not)...to be those who were not born with gifts, but instead gather together to produce a gifts benefits.

Kind of like some people are born with ability, and a witch is a person not born of ability but who learns ability through other methods. Is this a god idea of the meening?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Anytime Angela. Always glad to help.

Enjoy your reading.

Blessed Be

Whitewolf

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

SO Angela, would you say it is the object in itself that has this energy? or is it your energy that gives this object its vibe?

That is the question of the day. I'm trying to think of the energy itself. It is metaphysical correct? It would then be in a plain/releam somewhere between the conciousness and the astrial - very close to human think power yet very close to spiritual energy as well. It's so different, so hard to place rules upon.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Oops, I didn't finish my answer. LOL
First I don't think it's "my" energy, so much as my channeling "the energy". And I think that the stone had something to begin with, otherwise I wouldn't have stopped at that rack and grabbed it as if I was momma chicken that had found her long lost egg. LOL
What it has for me I don't know. I could be nothing more than a reminder to me of the things I need for my health/life ect as I grounded and channeled with it in mind/hand.
I will however ask this person that I was reffereing to earlier to see if they feel anything with it.
I wanted to make one for him too. But for different purposes. Actualy I thought maybe that was what this one was significant for, but I can't seen to see my way clear to give it up.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It's so different, so hard to place rules upon.

Therein lies the problem. Human minds always try to put limits and rules an everything. Daily things happen that bend or break those rules, and because of human nature, it is looked at as not real.

Take the speed of light. It's a rule that light speed is constant and cannot change right? WRONG. Some scientists have actually found a way to slow the speed of light slower than a trans atlantic flight.

Sometimes we just need to realize that rules were made to be broken, and rules were made to be bent, and a lot of times, humans were the ones that "made" those rules.

I think this might be a good question for the other density.

What do you think Angela?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Therein lies the problem. Human minds always try to put limits and rules an everything. Daily things happen that bend or break those rules, and because of human nature, it is looked at as not real.

Take the speed of light. It's a rule that light speed is constant and cannot change right? WRONG. Some scientists have actually found a way to slow the speed of light slower than a trans atlantic flight.

Sometimes we just need to realize that rules were made to be broken, and rules were made to be bent, and a lot of times, humans were the ones that "made" those rules.

This is a good idea. I'll try to come up with a good way of asking so we get an answer simple and undiverse enough to understand.

I'll probably be disconnected - usualy happens. So I'll log back in in a few (and after a phone call or two - business)

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
heres a thread about how science "officially" accepts the healing powers of amulets www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Feeling the energy at will is a natural thing for some. Giving energy is natural for all living things and many non living things. Energy is a transfer of feeling and thought and of actions and of ends and beginings.

I stop and ask about the energy given by non living things.

Finding something that gives energy and is not living is a find. Those things gain their energy as a living thing would, but it is at a different frequency and a different form. It is felt as energy is felt from the living. It can't give much like the living, so it is a form of likeness to a battery and it's charge.

I ask, so the energy felt is started in the living person?

A living may give an energy strong enough to feed it.

This is a good idea. I'll try to come up with a good way of asking so we get an answer simple and undiverse enough to understand.

I'll probably be disconnected - usualy happens. So I'll log back in in a few (and after a phone call or two - business)

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think I understand what they are saying. Basically, if they mean what I think they mean, I was not really too far off in my belief.

Thanks Angela.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
:-) Thanks to Mac for breaking it down to simpleest terms for us.

I think I understand what they are saying. Basically, if they mean what I think they mean, I was not really too far off in my belief.

Thanks Angela.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yes indeed, send Mac my regards.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
World Watcher.

I have also been a victim of these "HINDU PUNDITS"
Herrasy I tell you!!!!!

All in All, you read my mind, Im in fully agree with you.

Deep

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I firmly believe in it...having seen it firsthand, been on the receiveing end of the traditional Healing Methods of my own people (NZ Maori), as well as taken part in various rituals/healings and the like.

Are the 'tools' necessary? Yes, mostly...for many of the tools include the healing properties. That said, some rituals don't necessarily hinge on the 'tools' as such...an example would be spiritual cleansing.

I have been taught various techniques by my own spiritual teachers/elders, or Tohunga as we call them...rituals, chants and incantations. Some Tohunga stress the adherence to the words of the chants/incantations etc...saying that the power resides in the words. Others however, taught me (and what I believe) that the words are just a medium for the flow of your own energy, and aids in your mingling it with the energy for a higher source...the words aren't so important as becoming 'tuned' with your own energies and flowing that of the higher source...so in a way the words don't matter.

To highlight that further, I have seen cleansings performed by Tohunga where the words were mere gibberish...to them it wasn't so much the words but how they sounded...perhaps some form of resonance to them that helped 'tune' their own energies etc.

Personally I think that often its a matter of tuning yourself to either your own energies, or (both too) flowing those of a Higher Power...which is more about balance and focus than any 'tools' as such...

Peace,
ALIEN

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join