It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ten Commandments for the New Amerika

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Has anyone seen this?www.freedomradio.us...

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by TgSoe]

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by TgSoe]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
yes Ive seen it .

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Makes me think of that Roger/Robert Moore, the guy in alabama who the ten commandments in the court house. That guys needs to leave and never come back. SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. I can't believe he disobeyed the Supreme Court because his religion said to.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I heard all that...if people want to see for themselves what a country is like that is ran by religion,they should take a look at Iraq,or Iran.The last thing we need is a minister running America.Mandatory prayers every day at noon.Yeah....

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bowser
Makes me think of that Roger/Robert Moore, the guy in alabama who the ten commandments in the court house. That guys needs to leave and never come back. SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. I can't believe he disobeyed the Supreme Court because his religion said to.

Seperation of church and state? Where did you get that from? Are you from Alabama? Do you have a clue about our state constitution? Do you really know who violated the law? It wasn't Judge Moore.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Actually he did. He violated a federal court order. If that were you or I, we would have been held in contempt, fined and possibly put in jail. 3 courts told him to get rid of it, and the supreme court didn't want to hear it. He got exactly what he wanted, national attention. According to the Alabama Constitution the Governor has the job of picking a replacement. Guess who is qualified, Judge Moore. Remember, he wasn't disbarred. But does he have the guts to do it? After his huge defeat not long ago on his tax proposal, he just might do it.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Perhaps the original ten have become slightly outdated. They probably served well in the old days when there was no birth control and the government needed something to keep people settled down, with problems to a minimum.

One thing I have learned in life is everything always looks a lot easier standing on the sideline. For all I know the government may be right. I'm not in a position to know their real problems or to judge them. Could I do any better at running the country? I wouldn't know where to start, I know nothing.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
He did break the law and now he disobeyed the Alabama Supreme Court. He did break the law and there is seperation of church and state for exactly this problem. Religion is not allowed to influence political decisions because we are the country with tolerance for all religions. And no I am not from alabama but I am from the south and unfortunately not to many people agree with me.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The reason he was fired was because he violated a court order. Now there is talk of him running for office. I belive this was his plan all along. Alot of people don't realize this was the second time he displayed the ten commandments. The first time was in his courtroom over his bench. He won the fight to keep it I belive, and became well known and appointed to a higher court. I belive he is manipulating christians to get into the governors office or higher. I heard him on the radio this morning saying how he needs to feed his family and reaching out to christians. If he doesn't run for some type of office I'll eat my hat.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JFetch
Actually he did. He violated a federal court order.

HA!

i guess you didnt know, the federal court has NO jurisdiction over any of the 50 states as long as the "U.S." is not involved in the matter.

read your state constitution/ statues regarding the jurisdiction.

normally it says something like this:

"the land between point X to whatever....is under the exculsive jurisdiction of (state name)..."

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bowser

bull#. show me where in the constitution it mentions separation of church and state. oh wait, thats right kids, it #ing doesnt. it does however mention that no LAW will be written to attempt to force a belief, or remove someones belief. wait a second, things are coming together here... wait for it... doesnt that mean that forcing the removal of the ten commandments would be illegal? quite obviously if you have eyes and a working mind it does.

edit: so i basically elaborated on what someone said earlier in the thread, but now its spelled out pretty clearly, i would think.

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
No, he did not violate any law. As a matter of fact, he was upholding Alabama constitution.
The federal court order was in violation, not Judge Moore. The federal court had no business in this particular affair, violated state constitution, and was twisting the Establishment Clause as it has been twisted for a little over 40 years to push the anti-American agenda.

Bowser, I'll ask you again, where in the U.S. constitution did you read the "separation of church and state"? Maybe you found it in the Bill of Rights? Where? I have within inches of my keyboard the constitution, Bill of Rights, as well as the Articles of Confedaration. Maybe you found it in the Federalist Papers, or even the Anti-Federalist Papers, I have them here at the ready as well. Just clue me in.

No, you aren't from Alabama, but I am. I do not have a copy of our state constitution at hand, I do not have a desk large enough! The darned thing is huge! It is the largest on in the country.

TgSoe, which of the ten are outdated? Which do you think should be tossed? Which right do you not want?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Thomas, understand that this war has nothing to do with freedom of religion. This is about removing a strict moral law God gave to us for a loving perfect society. People love evil, people love sin, and don't want God telling them what to do. They hate God with their whole entire heart. Soon im sure you will see true evil like you have never witnessed before in your 40 + years of living.

peace.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
........the "Ten Commandments" are NOT exclusive to the Jewish, or Christian religion(s).

Even Witches/Wiccans/Pagans honor the commandment

"........An Ye Harm None........".

We are a very "religious" Nation. We are a very Spiritual Nation. However, Religious & Spiritual do NOT necessarily mean "Christian". Sorry, but it's the truth.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
lady, i didnt mention the name jesus once. allthough this is where the commands came from, i said those who hate "God" and his "moral" code want this removed because they love evil and sin.

peace.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
actually TRUTH-neither did I (mention the name Jesus), in my reply.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
" christian religion(s) "

Christ - ian religions , those who believe christ Jesus is God.

all im saying is thatthese commands are a sign of rising evil and sin and a rising in the hate of God in a powerful government sect.

God bless.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The nation is a Judeo-Christian nation, or at least, it was, and was intended to be one by the Founding Fathers.

What the anti-American agenda has twisted into meaning freedom from religion was originally meant to say that teh government would establish no particular sect (called denomination nowadays) as the official religion of the country. To my knowledge, there is no sect, be it Methodist, Baptist, Catholic, Anglican, that does not recognize the 10 commandments as part of their teaching. No, were judge Moore to in some way say that emmersion is the only way, or sprinkling is the only way, then yes, there'd be a problem. See the difference?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well Thomas, what most people today forget is that the majority of the founders of this country were from England (or of English descent). At that time, the Church of England was the offical church with the King of England as being the head of the Church of England. Well guess where a lot of your old English taxes went? Thus even if you were an English Catholic (there were quite a few), your money was going to support the Church of England. The clause states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". Originally this was interpreted as meaning the United States was not to form an offical State Church such as the Church of England.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
yes, the court was wrong in making him remove the memorial boulder. and yes he shouldn't have been fired/etc. But don't youthink if he had gone through legal channels, instead of just not responding, things would have worked out?
Well, no, they probably wouldn't. But it would'nt have hurt.
Down the toilet we gooooooo........

<<   2 >>

join