It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some cool future concepts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wow, cool stuff. I should be getting that issue any day now.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The blended wing body concept is pretty unique looking - I notice on the passenger aircraft the windows are on the leading edge, looks like everyone gets a front row seat... cool.

Over the summer there were some pretty unique prototypes coming in after dark to one of the larger southeastern us air force bases.
If any of these aircraft could serve as an indicator of USAF�s future flight then there�s going to be plenty for Popular Science to write about in the near future.

intelgurl

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
thats some cool stuff....thanks for the link.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A previous old poster here once posted this site:
"Stavatti (tm) 2003 Webpage"
Link:
www.stavatti.com...

I posted this because this company is real and does cutting edge stuff...in almost everything, including aircraft.
Try this page on for size:
"Tactical Air Warfare Systems"
Link:
www.stavatti.com...

And much more.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I like the lawnmower sized UAV delivering fedex packages.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This is cool! although most of the futuristic stuff in this artical is probably just concept technology, I think we should explore this in detail. Even if the arcraft in the artical aren't real yet, they might be in the works. Remember every airplane flying today began as a concept at one time.

Tim

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Excellent, some of those picture look almost real, very cool. But what is that thing in the second picture?
An engine of some sort!

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Britman the 2nd pic seems to be thrust-vectoring engines lke the one on the F-22 Raptor.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I like the lawnmower sized UAV delivering fedex packages.

My favorite as well...

"You've got mail...."

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Book my a flight on one of those jumbos! Forward looking seat on wing! Cool!

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   

From the Popular Science link

2017: Blended-wing-body (BWB) aircraft have been on drawing boards for decades, but the flying-wing variations that actually flew were too unstable. The B-2 bomber proved the design is feasible with the help of computer control.

Rubbish! Patent untruth! The Horten brothers had a flying wing that flew perfectly well back WWII!

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Wasn't something like this in that Arnold movie The 7th Day? Or was it the 8th Day? Whatever.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
...Looking at their website, I thought Stavatti was a hoax. F-26? Never heard of it!!! I thought Boeing had acquired everything in the US aerospace industry outside of Northrop G and Lockheed M.

But, my question is, WHERE DID THESE GUYS COME FROM!?!?! How is a tiny little company with a weird-looking CEO getting contracts for and designing high-performance fixed-wing combat aircraft!?! WHERE DID THEY GET THE STARTUP CAPITAL!!?!

Seekerof is right, these guys are real - for crying out loud, Jane's got 'em listed.

One thing that has me confused - they talk about developing a powered armour unit and equipping the pilot with it. Then they talk about getting the pilot to secure a ground area... excuse me!?! Is somebody in the DoD out of their mind, developing a tactic like that?

>EDIT<

Flinx: Yes, you're right. Arnie had two of these in The Sixth Day. He ran a extreme skiing company with them. Good movie, I liked it.

[Edited on 14-10-2003 by Lampyridae]

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
im with you Lampyridae...

how have i never heard of this? i cant find any pictures of actual planes on thier website though. and the word from the chairman section is... wierd. when are they buildin that sweet looking f-26?

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That UAV Fedex Courier looked interesting... But what do you got if you add a machine gun and a couple of rockets to it? a personal assasin droid, im sure none of us would like to have one of those things chasing us on the street!

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 05:09 AM
link   
there is also something like that fedex uav in the movie back to the future 2. It was working for a newsagency.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
exploration.thespacesite.com...

Here's a site on future spaceplanes. Thought I might add it in since this is future concepts

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Lots a good readin'. What about little spy drones? They could easily disperse biological agents.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
thing is they look pimp as hell :-D but concievable?? I mena our airline industry is using technology like 3-4 decades old

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join