It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Rant as a Thirsty Californian...Ridiculous

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yes, I have something to rant and rave about. Well, maybe not so much raving...but ranting YES!

I find it incomprehensible that the President of the United Staes of America...said no...no water for your farms. Are you freaking kidding me? Is he actually in the know? Does he truly know what the hell is going on out here?

Mr. Pres, excuse me for reminding you...but didn't and do you not continuously come to California raking in the Big Bucks for whatever you need? Do the unfortunately, ignorant people of my great state give your administration in return...Crap Tons of Money, every time you show your face around here? Hell yeah, they do!

Who the heck does this guy think he is coming into this great state, making wonderful gestures to our local farmers with the press on his tail only to turn the "F" around, walk away then say, "no, you can't have more water"!!!!! WTF ATS? Seriously, don't clown me for making my next statement, but, I'm seriously confused and bewildered.

First off, let me get this right. Do you mean to tell me, that the now 8th largest economy in the World (were 5th) gets no freaking love for feeding our nation, let alone other parts of the world? Really? Really? I can guarantee you this one thing, the tides will turn quickly. I hope...scratch that, I know that my state will pull together to conduct business and continue to produce some of the best foods with or WITHOUT the federal government. See, Mr. Pres., there's one thing you underestimated about California...we pull together and always look out for others...always. This great state will never let our nation nor the world down. Check our stats!

I'm so incredibly angry and frustrated by the governments decision to not allow us more water...not a F'ing drop. They said no. I don't want to get all Godly and such, but I will say, that I think the universe thinks somebody made a bad decision about that. Nonetheless, we are expecting lots of rain where I live (Pasadena) and in the Central Valley where the farms are, we are supposed to get more rain within the next 48 hours. So 😜 to you Mr. Pres!!!

I know this sounds soooo highschoolish, but I'm not in high school. I'm extremely well educated with three grown daughters who are well educated. But, I'm severely angry by the decision to not give assistance to not only California's needs, but the nation...the world. We turn out tons of food for everyone, every freaking day and we got a NO, while this asshole was posing in front of a camera with smile displayed. Not cool and not fooling anyone.

President Obama came out here last week, shucked and jived, all while smiling n camera about how the problem would be dealt with. Psssf...soon as he left, my state got a basically, "He'll, to the NO, we won't assist you in dire need"! California, never asks for federal help...at least as history dictates, outside of natural disasters. We don't ask, we don't beg...but we need freaking Help. Where is it? Where's all the states we look out for...where the f are you now? Okay, I understand...tending to your own disasters. Okay cool. But, the government, telling us No, is just beyond understanding during this serious time of need.

Have you all seen any of these images?

California Drought
California Drought
California
Cal ifornia
California
California

This is certainly no laughing matter. There are others however, that think so:

Someone's Comedy

Okay, I'm done. This however, is no laughing matter, this is serious! Call me a crybaby if you want, blame our ancestors for moving out west if you want...so What! You will all face serious problems and it's gonna hit your pockets hard if we don't get enough rain. The rest of us/you can kiss any assistance from the federal government bye bye!

We tried so hard America...to no avail

News Report
Another Article
Drought

[url=http://video.foxnews.com/v/3257359421001/california-farmers-contend[e
edit on 2/27/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I find myself having to conciously remember that California is not just comprised of the mega-cities on the coast ... you're so defined in many cases by what happens in LA or SanF that the many other parts of the state are ignored and/or virtually unknown. Keep looking forward, it will eventually get better.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
My FOX News video isn't uploaded properly...maybe one of the greats will assist.

Thanks in advance πŸ‘

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

A. Growing food in a dessert is kind of dumb.

B. Herds of water guzzling cattle in a dessert, who would have thought, eh!

C. Building cities in a dessert with millions upon millions of people is also kind of dumb.

D. Using well and bore water like there is no tomorrow is just stupid.

Not having desalination plants considering A, B C and D is just, well, American Politics.

So, who to blame. I know, lets blame Obama, it's all his fault.

California has had this problem for a very long time.

Jeez! Take a step into the real world.

P

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Question: where would the water come from if the Govt had agreed?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

LadySkadi
Question: where would the water come from if the Govt had agreed?

Well, I guess there are two choices here.

Obama could do a rain dance to end the drought . or

Obama could talk to God and do a Mosses.

What the hell does the current President really have to do with this?

These are long term decisions of California and now the problem has come home to roost.

It is California's problem! Apparently in recent times they have been listening to the Green lobby and destroying dams, in a dessert! Boy, was that the wrong time to listen to the Greenies.

P

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think it was poor taste for Barry to go play golf after His last visit to cali. A nicely kept, lush green. Just what You need to forget your' worries.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

The climate is the best growing climate in the world, along with other semi deserts, warm and wonderful especially for orchards that don't like too much moisture or get rots of all kinds, and I grew up in one, in Canada in the best growing area for orchards and vineyards, the semi desert Okanagan.

And water, exists in abundance and there are tons of solutions for it. ie from desalination, recycling which should always be done, to real proper management of earth with clean technology.

This is weather wars with angenda 21 and trying to destroy food.

When you buy fruit and vegetables thank you lucky stars some of it is home grown and not from Mexico or imports.

And ensure your farmers get their water.
edit on 27-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

No offense, but I guess because I live in California, that means I live on a different planet or we as Californians do. Where are you from? This thread is not about what's dumb and what's not and really it doesnt matter where you're from. The facts are that we feed over 1/3 of the nation.

Maybe, you make sure to check your produce labels and buy imported foods and none from California (I highly doubt that). However, the rest of the Nation, that being the USA, buys food. A lot of it comes from California. So you can say how dumb it is and cry about how silly it is or was now, but, that doesn't change the facts.

California produces more produce than wherever you're from and we're in a drought.

The point of my rant is to bring awareness, not ignorance to the fact that we are in dire need of federal assistance. The next time you go grocery shopping for your favorite produce and are like "what the hell...why is this twice the normal amount I usually pay"? Maybe, then you'll understand where I'm coming from. Until then, contain your ignorance and self gratification.

Call Cali stupid for existing if you want, that wasn't the case when we claimed our stake in American History. Still, that doesn't solve the nations oncoming food problem. Because, I can guarantee you, it is going to be your problem in the next fiscal quarter if you know what that is...whether you think, growing or living in the desert is dumb or not.

With all due respect

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Considering the disasters occurring around the world, I've thought this part of the world might be due. Like Fukushima, this will have consequences (are they still alledged?) worldwide. Unlike Fukushima, the effects of this will be painful in the short term if worse comes to worse.
edit on 27-2-2014 by Portugoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
google a little story called hatfield the rainmaker it is about the drought in 1904

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

You're misunderstanding and obviously severely ignorant to the facts. Obama, is the sitting president in case you forgot. He has duties as a president. He is also, supposed to look out for the entire nation, which he is not doing by turning the cheek to farmers in California considering the states produce output. Over 1/2 a 1/3 of the nation.

If you want to know what he could do, go educate yourself because that's not why I posted. I'm ranting with every right too. It's not my fault you have absolutely no clue about how to fix the problem or what the ramifications are. Hundreds of farmers know how and so does the USDA. But we were told no. That's what I'm ranting about.

Look, I voted for Obama like many of you did. I didn't say I hated they guy. However, I severely disagree with his decision as do millions of Californians.

You will too when you get your next grocery bill

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Very well stated. I'm not crapping on my president...he is my president. However, I stated that he made a terrible decision that I and millions of Californians disagree with.

We have the local Farmers Markets around here in Los Angeles County and we love them. We get locally grown, mostly organic and incredibly cheap produce and seafoods that we enjoy. These folks make a living from their weekly Farmers Markets. Now, you hardly see a soul...because everything is so expensive. Incredibly expensive. Just wait until the price of cows milk goes up that some feed their children with...then they'll see.

I remind everyone that gets food, which is just about all of the USA, from Cali, to watch your grocery bills because they're about to skyrocket. Even if you don't get the majority of your produce, dairy and nuts from California, the grocers are going to rape your wallets just because they can. In the end, they will blame it on our farmers and the drought. The government could help...but they said No.

These guys, our farmers are loosing millions in income. Sounds like a lot huh? Well it's not.

I just disapprove of the decision Pres. Obama and the USDA made in regards to our farms.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

i'm surprised he isn't doing anything to help ya'll out. afterall he's got a pen and a phone , doesn't he?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

You would think so right? California has aligned itself with many nations agriculturally speaking. However, it won't solve our dire issues. The only entity capable of assisting the farmers of California, is the good ole USDA.

They said No.

Hopefully, the rest of the ever loving of America world, won't rape out citizens pockets for food that California can't produce πŸ˜” (sigh). I highly doubt it though. Everyone globally will pay.

In the end the farmers loose. Farming is not an easy job. Not by any means. These families work hard for every penny and they should be assisted during their dire time of desperate need. They not only feed the USA, but they have migrant workers that depend on that income. When there's no work, the workers leave and nothing gets done.

It's so sad to witness and I wish I could do something to help 😒

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thishereguy

Not sure how to take that...but...yes he has about 50 pens and at least three phones...lol. I was a serious Bush critic, but I think he would have handled this a tad bit different. Pres. Obama, doesn't know what time it is...OR, someone told him, don't worry, we got this.

Either way, it's a loose loose for Californian farmers and nothing is getting done.

Watch the videos and view the pics in the OP...it's surreal and shocking.

I couldn't believe it myself 😒

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

Okay...just NO! That in my opinion is a story...a ridiculous story at that. I do live in Pasadena, and everyone knows we never want a rainy parade day...and who does.

I didn't read the book, but shook I am from a fable as such. BTW, from what I read, it has nothing to do with this historic 160 Year Old record breaking drought.

I appreciate your input, but completely misunderstand the message as it pertains to preserving life and healthfulness of my fellow Californians and Americans. That's what my rant is about. Food and water and how it will affect the rest around if California gets no assistance nor rain to farm the food that we ALL need.

Thanks however πŸ‘

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

pheonix358

A. Growing food in a dessert is kind of dumb.

B. Herds of water guzzling cattle in a dessert, who would have thought, eh!

C. Building cities in a dessert with millions upon millions of people is also kind of dumb.

D. Using well and bore water like there is no tomorrow is just stupid.

Not having desalination plants considering A, B C and D is just, well, American Politics.

So, who to blame. I know, lets blame Obama, it's all his fault.

California has had this problem for a very long time.

P

You know what, food is, and has always been grown where food grows best.
"24 percent of California is desert. It is also known as 'The Golden State'.

I agree that huge cities should not be built in the desert as in Nevada which is desert.

Plant will be ready in 2016 to bad permits and environmental studies move slow, but it is not the answer to all the future, the world has water problems not just CA.

After twelve years of planning and over six years in the state’s permitting process, the Carlsbad Desalination Project has received final approvals from every required regulatory and permitting agency in the state, including the California Coastal Commission, State Lands Commission and Regional Water Quality Control Board.

carlsbaddesal.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

pheonix358

P

So here's one answer to that...just because I care. It's never to late! By the way, it's not like it is new news to us...where have you been?

Desalinisation

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Thank you for bringing populace awareness to a serious issue πŸ‘ Like I said, it's no laughing matter. We in California, are the extreme right now...but what of the future for the planet?

edit on 2/28/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Edit

top topics

<<   2 >>

join