It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: No more information about drone killings will be released to public

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters Thursday that the Obama administration will not be releasing any more information about the controversial use of drones to kill American citizens.

“This is not an open-ended process. This is a specific and unique accommodation in this circumstance. The fact is, when it comes to public disclosure, we have been — not with the kind of attention that’s been given it this week — but we have been publicly discussing these matters at the highest levels of government for the very reason that I’ve given, which is the President understands that these are core issues about how we conduct ourselves in war, how the President of the United States — any President — balances his constitutional obligation to protect America and American citizens, and his obligation to do so in a manner that is lawful under the Constitution and reflects our values.

“The President takes these issues very seriously, and he believes that the conversation about this is valid and that the questions about it are legitimate. And that’s why he has been leading this process internally to — as has John Brennan, by the way — to provide public information as much as possible, mindful of the fact that we are talking about here very sensitive matters, and that these kinds of things — they’re classification — information is classified for very legitimate reasons that go right to our national security interest.

Always in the name of safety. Anyway I came across this on another website, and I will confess to you that this information is about a year old. I just never heard anything about this. I did a search and turned up nothing. So here is the link.

edit on 20-2-2014 by solongandgoodnight because: added quote

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Cant have acountability can we comrades? No cant have the politican looking bad........

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Of course it's not your right to know how the government is spending YOUR money, or what it's doing in YOUR name.

Of course not, silly american peasants... this is YOUR country, after all.

+28 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Killing any American citizen without a trial by jury is murder. The president is no immune to the crime of murder. Obama should be impeached and removed from office for this reason alone.

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
People didn't get mad enough when the drones lead to massive civilian and children collateral.

People didn't get Mad enough when they started Killing US citizens Abroad with those same drones.

Now it will be coming to US soil, and the president wants to hide the "conversation"

When will we have enough?

When our neighbors start getting "no knock" Door to door missile delivery, You know, for "safety"

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

When you see the two party system in the US for what it is --a charade staged by various corporations, how can people be expected participate?

I'll tell you. The populace is carefully divided using propaganda in media feeds to sell you on the idea that one or the other candidate is the lesser of two evils and one candidate or another is more likely to support your particular life. Basically rats in a cage chasing the illusion of a cheesy reward. This is universal across the political spectrum. Selfish actors chasing one cheesy reward or another. My needs have a higher value than your needs. It's that simple.

The US is not a functioning Democracy or a constitutional republic or whatever you want to call the concept. It's just not. I'm very concerned that the people will actually wake up en mass, causing the government to react with overwhelming force. This authoritarian state will not go quietly.

I've voted every year since I could vote, each year, carefully considering which candidate would represent the lesser of two evils. I'm convinced now that action is imparting legitimacy on that which is illegitimate. It is a form of madness

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Is the press secretary paid by the tax payers??? Same as speech writers? I know I could google it, but ATS is my new google lol...

While I doubt the President would have to pay out of pocket for such services, I think he should, surely some lobbyist group would.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

"In the name of national security"

Of course they are not going to talk about it. Obviously they have something to hide, otherwise it wouldn't be an issue. It's a concern and should be discussed... But we'll just swipe it under the rug...

-SAP-

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

"White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters Thursday that the Obama administration will not be releasing any more information about the controversial use of drones to kill American citizens..."

Guvspeak-Translation: Get ready to see a lot more American citizens killed by drones.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
We can only hope for more transparency from the next administration.

But, will we get it...even if it's a republican administration? Nope.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Gozer

"White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters Thursday that the Obama administration will not be releasing any more information about the controversial use of drones to kill American citizens..."

Guvspeak-Translation: Get ready to see a lot more American citizens killed by drones.

Yeah, he pretty much said that without actually saying it. what a piece.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
So basically when the President isn't busy assassinating American citizens like he's dirty harry with a signature pen, transparency means something.

When he decides it's high time to murder someone under the guise of national security? Well now... transparency isn't such a hot idea after all and we get to be Mushrooms again. Kept in the dark and shoveled with...fertilizer.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
So basically when the President isn't busy assassinating American citizens like he's dirty harry with a signature pen, transparency means something.

When he decides it's high time to murder someone under the guise of national security? Well now... transparency isn't such a hot idea after all and we get to be Mushrooms again. Kept in the dark and shoveled with...fertilizer.

Wrabbit! That was a bit harsh.................oh who am I kidding, it's spot on.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It will be easier when they deploy fully autonomous drones. Less guilt, no human pulling the trigger, just enter mission parameters and hit execute. The drone does it all, and comes back home. It does have an abort option.

There was an explosion today, several dead, the cause of the explosion is under investigation....

Without transparency in an inherently corrupt administration, almost anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

Too bad this would solve zilch. I only have the presidents I've witnessed to really go by (modern history muddles a great many things, mainly because the writers are biased), but it's obvious that they're handed a script, and there's only one show in town. We know what must happen, but it's likely too far gone to build the momentum for anything grand like that at this point. It's sad to say, but anything resembling an opposition (read: Constitutionalist) movement would be branded terrorism and the masses would eat it up, while waving the flag of their favorite team, assuming that is the "patriotic" thing to do. This land has long forgotten the definition of a country as its people and culture, for a twisted definition that accepts the government as unopposed rulers.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

What that piece of gobbledegook didn't say then, was that there is going to be a mass deployment of drones in the US. That time is now, I kid you not. 'The Guardian' estimates 30,000 drones of all kinds. The scenario is much worse than might be expected.

Here is a snippet from the USAF PDF on the do's and don'ts on the use of collected material, (which can be collected freely)

"9.6.2. Air Force Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) operations, exercise and training missions will not conduct nonconsensual surveillance on specifically identified US persons, unless expressly approved by the Secretary of Defense, consistent with US law and regulations. Civil law enforcement agencies, such as the US Customs and Border Patrol (CBP), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and the US Coast Guard, will control any such data collected."

As I said the PDF is on the do's and don'ts, the paragraph above is the cop-out. As well as that, commercial enterprise, police, DHS controlled agencies not mentioned above, all will eventually all have access to the drones. By 2020 they will be able to be fully deployed...anywhere, and any place big or small.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-2-2014 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters Thursday that the Obama administration will not be releasing any more information about the controversial use of drones to kill American citizens.

Yeah, here we go...

Really,..this NWO stuff is as real as it is gonna get. Every selfrespecting conspiracy buff knows about the creepy big idea NWO announcement speech of George Bush in 1991...on september 11. Bush is many things but an idiot isn't one of them. If he is saying such stuff at such an official event you'd better pay attention to what he is saying.

My intuition tells me that the abdication of the dutch queen Beatrix, the resignation of the general-superior jesuit Peter-Hans Kolvenbach and the pope have something to do with what is coming.

The feel I have is about a certain stage or phase going in effect which has everything to do with the organisation called.... the new world order. A phase covered with and in such a darkness that these people I mentioned do not want to be on watch when it will be implemented in the world. I know it sound silly but that is what I make of it.

Brrr...

edit on 20/2/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What a whole bunch of bull crap, this not about national security and neither accountability, this is been pushed by the private interest that are behind the domestic drones in the US.

See people will not be very happy with drones flying around in the sky be by military, police forcers or private interest if people keep hearing of how many casualties are the result of drone uses.

People have not clue of what is coming very soon, is a new breed of drones been prepped for spying on American soil by the government already been tested, and no, do not ask for links because I can not give any

But is been going on as we speak right now and soon to be tested in our skies, but as usual we all know this is comming.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Is going to be killings in American soil with the use of drones in secret missions under the government mandate, but as usual is secrecy behind all this once the domestic drone use is fully implemented in the US, you will only hear about private used for friendly purposes.

This is my opinion and my opinion alone base on information that we have gathered in the internet

No wonder they are going to have researches watching local news to make sure that some things will never come out into the public knowledge, I find this two recent news very interesting and they seem to go hand in hand, the secrecy most be keep.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Jessie's take on Drones helped play a part in the Evil Presidents decision. Check it out.

This Ora Tv thing Jessie is into may be the way of the future for real uncensored journalism. Larry King moved his show to Ora TV also so this isn't just some silly stunt.

This president and White House has to GO. I'm sure hiding this information has to be illegal in some way. They are pissed cus they got caught killing innocent bysanders by the truck loads. Obama Needs to be IN JAIL. Or hanged.. i prefer a good hanging, televised to all the kids so they can see what a real American traitor looks like Dead.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join