It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: No more information about drone killings will be released to public

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

We can only hope for more transparency from the next administration.
reply to post by amazing

Hope didn't help at all with this President....nor will it with the next. You cannot expect these people toi do the right thing on your behalf....you have to force them to do the peoples will and be willing to hold their feet to the fire if they don't. Right now US politicians and civil servants at every level are breaking the law and getting away with it. With everything being made a security secret....soon we won't be able to find out anything our governments are doing in OUR name, with OUR money.

It's time Americans got off their asses and got out in the streets and forced the government to be more transparent....hoping it will will get you nothing.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

to be illegal in some way.
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Obama has ordered the deaths of four US citizens without due process guaranteed them under the Constitution. That is against the law.

He has made arbitrary changes to the law without Congress...see Obamacare.

Either of these crimes should have had Obama impeached and jailed....but not in the new security state....they can break any and all laws with impunity.....and NOW THEY KNOW IT.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

An immediate reatction to Wednesdays ATS thread: "500 lb bomb just misses US troops in Afghanistan".
The 2nd camera view ending "the bird dropped it" aka Drone.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's insane what the government (or whoever) is getting away with in this country. Maybe all these strange noises and earthquakes in the US are the founding fathers rattling around in their graves in frustration.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Does this almost sound like a joke headline to anyone else? I swear, if you add in a joke here or there, this is practically a parody in the style of The Onion News by itself.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I could have not said, what you just said, any better myself. Welcome to the sheople nation, at least for now.

Star for you my friend. I don't hand those here out frequently.
~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

i see it this way, if the person is in a foreign land,declaring themselves to be a enemy of the U.S.. actively fighting against and killing U.S. citizens not caring if they kill troops or civilians. they have given up their citizenship. they have allied themselves with people that want to kill U.S. citizens and see this as a holy war. they deserve the same treatment that is given to the ones they allied with. it's their own fault, if they were to blind to see that the war on terror was a farce. they chose to do this, no one held a gun to their head and sent them there, they did it on their own.
did you know that these four were from middle east or north african heritage.
here is a link.
Who were the 4 U.S. citizens killed in drone strikes?

the reason i mentioned their heritage is,during world war II and i'm sure during any other conflict or war we've been in, we killed people that use to be U.S. citizens that went to their ancestral homeland to fight. the main ones that come to mind are german decedents, do a search" fight for the fatherland". citizens that chose to go back and fight on the side of their ancestors to fight for the fatherland. and i'm sure the U.S knew who went where then. they might not have had the intel to know where they were at a given time, but they didn' t cut them any slack when they came up on them ether. i say just like the germans that these people went home to fight for their fatherland. these four knew exactly what they were doing. do we need to know that they were killed by drones? well i would like to know that a traitorous bastard was killed and got their just deserts, the how or why i'm kinda torn on. i understand the security part and not wanting to give away secrets, but i also feel somethings should be brought out into the open.

wasn't there a white guy from alabama killed too. i thought there was i might be wrong.

now as far as killing them on U.S. Soil, and and not providing information about it. as i said you are not a citizen of the U.S. if you claim to be it's enemy and here is my stand on it.

the tracking, apprehension and if necessary killing of true islamic terrorist, the ones who really think they're fighting for allah,or any terrorist for that matter on U.S. soil. should be handled as a law enforcement a issue. using traditional law enforcement surveillance, tactics,and policies. not military hardware or troops, or military tactics, although some police tactics are similar there is a deference. then when captured, all applicable laws should be applied for a conviction of said terrorist, followed by a quick execution. hell how many alphabet agencies are there that are law enforcement, more than enough to do the job as far as i'm concerned.

i believe that the destruction of the U.S. from the way we knew it, started in earnest on Sept 11, 2001. it has been a slow long drawn out process, just like bush said it would be. we have seen rights taken away continually. i shouldn't have said it that way i should have said infringements on our rights, from that day to this one. now you hear of some new policy, some new law, some new group being put on a terrorist watch list. and it goes on and on. under both bush and obama.

what really has me worried, is the news about the FCC placing monitors in the news rooms across country. it reminds me of Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union, or the Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda in Nazi Germany. that and the possibility that drones will be flying across the U.S. and all the other things that have been mentioned or alluded to.

i really see dark days ahead for the U.S., something that i thought i would never see.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
So basically when the President isn't busy assassinating American citizens like he's dirty harry with a signature pen, transparency means something.

Piffle! It's not the President alone. It's the President, the VP, the attorney general and the NSC, along with the deputy director of the CIA and the deputy SECDEF.

As a side note, Dr Carter left back in December. He was a man of principle. Wonder why he left?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Are you thinking about Johnny Spann? He was a SOG guy that was one of the first deaths in Afghanistan. Nothing to do with drones, though.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

no i thought there was a young white kid from alabama that converted to islam.
and they tried to get him to come home and he didn't.

now that i think about it more, i think his dad was there too.
it's been awhile, beginning of last or 2012 maybe.

edit on 21-2-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

This go's hand in hand with news Nazis in news room.

It would seem with blatant announcement's like this and over watch in news rooms the Obama administration wants to make there agenda very clear, in other words I don't think the 2014 mid elections are going to matter..........if we even have anymore elections.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

therealguyfawkes
Of course it's not your right to know how the government is spending YOUR money, or what it's doing in YOUR name.

Of course not, silly american peasants... this is YOUR country, after all.

In the name of "national security" we should never know what our all-wise and benevolent rulers are doing. We could hinder them from their very important work! Don't know know there are American terrorists that need to be wiped out with a drone strike? We can't be creating a panic! Nonono!

edit on 21-2-2014 by JackSparrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I am so baffled by all of this. When our country was established, they build into our constitution laws and actions to remove leaders if they crossed the line. Previous leaders were removed. Why is he not being removed??? I read an article the other day where parts of congress said that the potus broke the constitution, that he went to far, but there was nothing they could do. Why is it that he can not be removed from office??

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie

i really see dark days ahead for the U.S., something that i thought i would never see.

I agree with most of what you have posted, but secrecy is the main concern here, why? because the agenda that is been already concocted for the use of drones in the US, while its going to be sold as friendly use the government already have in their hands a newer generation of this drones that we will never be able to differentiate them from any other bird in the sky, this new ones have the capability of killing people also.

Under secrecy whatever dictator president we have after Bush and Obama will be able to use their unconstitutional secret courts to kill at will, with the Local small medias in the states under attack now you can just imagine the rest.

On top of that we have a congress that is becoming nothing but a piece of crap when it comes to protecting the people against these dictatorship powers of the president and the next ones.

Our nation will fall and it will be under our own eyes.

Dark days are already here and have been here and worst if we the people keep allowing this dictatorship and take over of our nation to go on

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Bedlam

Wrabbit2000
So basically when the President isn't busy assassinating American citizens like he's dirty harry with a signature pen, transparency means something.

Piffle! It's not the President alone. It's the President, the VP, the attorney general and the NSC, along with the deputy director of the CIA and the deputy SECDEF.

As a side note, Dr Carter left back in December. He was a man of principle. Wonder why he left?

The buck stops with ONE man. Only ONE man...and everyone else you mention serves, quite literally, at the pleasure of that one man. I don't know if a President can actually can his Vice or not, since none have ever considered it beyond musings that never went anywhere. He can hire, fire or make hot dog peddlers out of every other one there though, and it's in his sole discretion to do so, or not.

Nope.... Obama has gotten all the free passes ... and then some ... one man EVER earns in life. His aren't entirely free...as he gets splashed with crap on a regular basis, from his own actions. The freebies come in that nothing, (not ONE thing yet) has been pursued and run to ground for a conclusion. Every previous scandal and every example of wrong doing is still...TO THIS DAY....pending or open case status of investigation and likely will be until he leaves office.

The "Pending" President.....as a nickname that would fit. Everything he does is "pending..." with nothing ever 'done' to say THERE are some results to absolutely measure success or failure by. There is ALWAYS a "but...." with this one.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

benrl
People didn't get mad enough when the drones lead to massive civilian and children collateral.

People didn't get Mad enough when they started Killing US citizens Abroad with those same drones.

Now it will be coming to US soil, and the president wants to hide the "conversation"

When will we have enough?

When our neighbors start getting "no knock" Door to door missile delivery, You know, for "safety"

Interesting that this topic comes up as we learn that the FCC is now planning on sitting in with the news media.

I guess once drones start bombing civilian homes inside the US, the good ol' FCC will be right there, to make sure we never hear about it.

"Americans don't need or want to hear about other Americans dying." will be their internal monologue.

Washington DC is relatively small. Wouldn't take much of an army to siege DC and jail every single politician that's been trying to circumvent The Constitution. Hilary and Obama should, of course, be lynched right next to each other, for public spectacle and reminder where political lies and corruption lead to.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Out of sight, out of mind.
And if its not in the public domain, the public wont know about it.

So American citizenry, how is Obama's 'transparancy' statement working for you?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

“This is not an open-ended process. This is a specific and unique accommodation in this circumstance. The fact is, when it comes to public disclosure, we have been — not with the kind of attention that’s been given it this week — but we have been publicly discussing these matters at the highest levels of government for the very reason that I’ve given, which is the President understands that these are core issues about how we conduct ourselves in war, how the President of the United States — any President — balances his constitutional obligation to protect America and American citizens, and his obligation to do so in a manner that is lawful under the Constitution and reflects our values.

“The President takes these issues very seriously, and he believes that the conversation about this is valid and that the questions about it are legitimate. And that’s why he has been leading this process internally to — as has John Brennan, by the way — to provide public information as much as possible, mindful of the fact that we are talking about here very sensitive matters, and that these kinds of things — they’re classification — information is classified for very legitimate reasons that go right to our national security interest.

What a complete load of waffle. Did anyone understand a word of that? He may as well have got straight to the point and just said "We're not telling you anything anymore."

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

This is the plan people working like a charm. First they do it in secret and then after awhile they use fear and then pass laws to make it legal. After some times goes by they take away accountability.

It is not just drones you can apply this simple plan to many things. They instead of hiding these terrible things let them out into the media so it can desensitize the masses slowly over time........Very smart I got to hand it to them.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'll tell you something about that Obama... it's his transparency that I respect!

edit on 2/21/2014 by ProfessorChaos because: added video

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join