It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Situation @Maidan in Kiev / Ukraine threatenes to escalate.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The situation on Maidan-Square in Kiev / Ukraine threatenes to escalate after an ultimatum given by the Government passed about 90 minutes ago.

Kiev city council has confirmed 5 people dead by now: 3 protesters, 1 police and a member of the Government party (according to German Tagesschau).
Riot police have the Square surrounded right now and are about to storm as it seems.

Press-Club-Spilno.TV - Livestream on Ustream.tv: LINK

Live-Action-Spilno.TV
RT - Livestream:
Reuters Live-Stream
Story on Reuters.com

Holy #... looks like this is going to be hell.
edit on 18-2-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Why are they protesting?
Some people can't see the vid.

nvm I see you add the link.

edit on 18-2-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Fresh riots in Kiev, violent clashes, tires burn downtown (PHOTOS, VIDEO)

rt.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
REAL WAR

edit on 18-2-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Can anyone understand (maybe translate) what the guy on the stream is saying?

Nevermind he is talking english now.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Live stream

rt.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
it has been going on for months. What started as a protest when the old president was ousted and prisoned (for no good reason) developed into protested recently against moves by the present government to reduce ties with the EU and move back towards Russia.

This has developed from there into a movement demanding the government to step down. It now seems like it is developing into a full on revolt.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

xavi1000
Live stream

rt.com...

Much appreciated

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I just want to point out, you aren't looking at protestors, you are looking at trained militia groups. Steroid fed animals, just plundering and destroying.

Russia accuses US diplomats of ‘puppeteering’ Ukraine
rt.com...
In recording of U.S. diplomat, blunt talk on Ukraine
www.washingtonpost.com... 7626c5ef5fb_story.html

You are looking at a proxy war, nothing more. Libya tactics all over. Same goes for Egypt.. Tunesia...

sickening.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

MessageforAll
I just want to point out, you aren't looking at protestors, you are looking at trained militia groups. Steroid fed animals, just plundering and destroying.

Russia accuses US diplomats of ‘puppeteering’ Ukraine
rt.com...
In recording of U.S. diplomat, blunt talk on Ukraine
www.washingtonpost.com... 7626c5ef5fb_story.html

You are looking at a proxy war, nothing more. Libya tactics all over. Same goes for Egypt.. Tunesia...

sickening.

Ukraine is divided, half are for EU, half are for Russia.That protesters have full rights to have same conditions like Police.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
That live feed is crazy. Those Ukrainians don't mess around!
: What's that singing all about during the midst of explosions??

Looks like large fireworks being fired at police???
edit on 18-2-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I have been following these events closely, at one point a video got thrown on the internet, it was when the "protesters" stormed into a building, there where cops protecting the people inside, they got butchered. The movie lasted about 10 minutes in these 10 minutes not one cop went in "assault mode". Do you know why?

They didn't get the order to protect themselves. , so they just stood there getting beat on and trampled. That deserves respect in my book. I'm not saying there aren't any rotten apples. But that showed some real character.

Everyone knows these " uprisings" are bigger powers playing these people.

What ever the outcome, it won't be for the good of the people of Ukraine.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago218000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Im betting they are patriotic songs, Either way its getting really nasty there!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

They moved in hours after Moscow gave Ukraine $2 billion in aid which it had been holding back to demand decisive action to crush the protests.

Pay attention, coming to a city near you, sooner than you think ?

At least we know it's illegal to assemble hear in the US, think of it as protection.

US and EU Are Paying Ukrainian Rioters & Protesters Dr Paul Craig Roberts | February 18, 2014 - See more at: www.boilingfrogspost.com...

A number of confirmations have come in from readers that Washington is fueling the violent protests in Ukraine with our taxpayer dollars. Washington has no money for food stamps or to prevent home foreclosures, but it has plenty of money with which to subvert Ukraine. - See more at: www.boilingfrogspost.com...

As I reported on February 12, “Washington Orchestrated Protests Are Destabilizing Ukraine,” Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, a rabid Russophobe and neoconservative warmonger, told the National Press Club last December that the US has “invested” $5 billion in organizing a network to achieve US goals in Ukraine in order to give “Ukraine the future it deserves.” - See more at: www.boilingfrogspost.com...

boiling frogs

So another Syria. Egypt, .... but but people are dying....is this how it will end for us all ?
edit on 18-2-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

Too bad someone can't take the Olympic feed and substitute this so folks can see the real deal...

I have no objection to Ukrainians protesting government corruption. Indeed, such gullible people could benefit from the lesson they would learn once their country is in the hands of corrupt Brussels and Washington. What I object to is the lack of awareness on the part of the protesters that by permitting themselves to be manipulated by Washington, they are pushing the world toward a dangerous war. I would be surprised if Russia is content to have US military and missile bases in Ukraine. - See more at: www.boilingfrogspost.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well there is still a stand off with the police. But now it seems they have pulled in the armoured trucks!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ahhh crap, someone throwing a petrol bomb just set a bunch of his "own" people on fire!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Steroids.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

A very glib and simplistic opinion on what is a very serious situation. Not once in history is ANY event ever caused by one single factor. Fact.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Oh I agree, i did put it rather blunt. However, I wish people could just see at what's really happening. Don't get me wrong, I find this just as sickening as you, but lets treat it as it should be treated. A show, a charade.

Those aren't protesters, they are militia. We aren't seeing the fight of/for the people. We are seeing shadow play.

Btw, I wasn't picking on you or anything, so sorry if that's how it came over.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Oops, they just broke out the water cannon!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join