It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas at Death Valley National Park @ 5.22/gal for regular !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Just got this off of my wifes FB page..

a friend of ours took a pic.. but I have no idea how post one..

I don't care what gas buddy states..

it's 5.22/gal .. anyone else see this ? ?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Were paying about $1.59 per litre here in Australia for standard unleaded, which is roughly $6 a gallon. They pay heaps more than either of us in the UK, so quit your bellyaching.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

jamesthegreat
reply to post by Komodo

Were paying about $1.59 per litre here in Australia for standard unleaded, which is roughly $6 a gallon. They pay heaps more than either of us in the UK, so quit your bellyaching.

And I bet your cost of living is also much lower too...

It's funny how America was founded to be rid of the British empire's taxes, but now we are taxed worse than you guys are...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

wow thats cheap. come up to bc you will be paying $1.40 a ltr which is roughly $5.60 a gallon. Americans pay far less then we do, I think its about time that the states have to pay what we pay for gas.

From a canadian point of view I think it is 100% fair. Gas should be the same price EVERYWHERE, why should americans pay less then us even if the gas is made from oil drilled in canada.

The states get our oil, the states get our best wood, the states get our water, the states get our electricity, Its about time that americans pay what we pay.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

WP4YT

jamesthegreat
reply to post by Komodo

You would lose that bet....

Consumer Prices in United States are 30.59% lower than in Australia
Consumer Prices Including Rent in United States are 32.99% lower than in Australia
Rent Prices in United States are 37.78% lower than in Australia
Restaurant Prices in United States are 32.48% lower than in Australia
Groceries Prices in United States are 22.81% lower than in Australia
Local Purchasing Power in United States is 27.62% higher than in Australia

www.numbeo.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

well if it was supposed to be "fair" maybe someone can explain why in Virginia it was 2.99????
Oddly DC is in Virginia....hmmmm

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
yea..

talking here in the states....where it's normally 3.40/gal...

sorry to hear it's 5-6/gal everywhere else .. but, if this goes national ...30% of the econ here will crash, since it's all pass on to the consumer.. so ..food will skyrocket, pushing prices at the stores & restaurants 30% higher..

I'm not even sure how you guys in other countries are even surviving! If your Cost of Living is medium vs other countries.. are you living on the streets or what ?? !

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Americans would be shocked to see how much the real world has to pay to live (ie any country thats not the usa).

Even when canadas dollar is worth more then the states dollar we still have to pay more for goods, services ect.

Your food is cheaper, cars are cheaper, houses are cheaper, gas is cheaper, rent is cheaper, insurance is cheaper.... Do you catch my drift?????

Americans DO NOT KNOW how good they actually got it compared to the rest of the world and that is because of one thing and one thing only. YOUR CURRENCY IS THE WORLD CURRENCY. I swear if all of a sudden the USD stopped being the world currency all americans would get a bitch slap from reality.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Gas has always been high in death valley. I have seen it over $6.00 a gal.

I drive to Las Vegas through death valley all the time an learned 40 years ago always to have a full tank before making the trip.

Only flatlanders run out of gas in Death Valley.

edit on 16-2-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

We are paying around $2.06ltr in NZ. That puts us somewhere around $7us a gallon.

Yee haa pedle to the metal

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
what is your pay like. do you guys have a minimum wage. if so what is it.
i would like to see how it compares to ours.

the avg income for a U.S citzens is about fifty thousand a year, give or take.
that for every one in the the house'

Household income is a measure commonly used by the United States government and private institutions. Each household is measured by the income of every resident over the age of 15. Income includes wages and salaries, unemployment insurance, disability payments, child support payments received, regular rental receipts, as well as any personal business, investment, or other kinds of income received routinely.

from the wiki.
Household income in the United States

i kinda think in the more weatlher countries it will probaly avg out to be the same, based on the pay and cost of living.

and to the op, everything in a national park, museum, or any thing that sells rertail to the public is high, only people that get a break is the military and they don't get as much as they use to.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Them flatlanders!!! Haha you seem to be from the Sierra Nevadas aren't you?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Your food is cheaper, cars are cheaper, houses are cheaper, gas is cheaper, rent is cheaper, insurance is cheaper.... Do you catch my drift?????

Americans DO NOT KNOW how good they actually got it compared to the rest of the world and that is because of one thing and one thing only. YOUR CURRENCY IS THE WORLD CURRENCY. I swear if all of a sudden the USD stopped being the world currency all americans would get a bitch slap from reality.

JEEEEEZZZZ, You Whinn Much
That's enough of the Hate on America, if you need to, go start a Rant Thread and get it out of your system.

Benefits
Becoming a mother is one of the greatest gifts in the world. Spending time with your child as he or she grows up is a need of every mother. How does your country support new moms?

Canada
Canada has paid leave, and many employers offer benefits to new mothers, or parents, ranging from 17 weeks up to as much as 52 weeks. During this time, one of the spouses can claim Employment Insurance (EI) for approximately 15 weeks. Generally, EI payments are 55 per cent of weekly earnings but have a maximum payment of $485 per week. Parents can also split the allocated time if they choose.

U.S.
While their northerly neighbors have a solid set of maternity and parental benefits, the United States currently does not mandate any sort of maternity leave. However, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) allows up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave for extreme sickness and birth of a child. While this 12 weeks of unpaid leave is not specifically categorized as maternity leave, it can be used under the FMLA as such. Small companies of under 50 employees are exempt from the FMLA. Some states such as California and New Jersey include paid maternity benefits into their disability insurance, but this choice is solely at the discretion of each state.

Services
Some of the more well-known services available to Canadians and Americans are healthcare and university funding. The United States is ranked No. 1 for most expensive healthcare per capita at $8,233. Conversely, Canada ranks No. 6 worldwide and is over $3,700 cheaper than the United States at $4,445 per capita, according to a 2012 OECD Health Data study using 2010 statistics. Americans pay over 17 per cent of their Gross Domestic Product (GDP) towards healthcare while Canadians sit at about 11 per cent.

University can be another extremely large cost in a person’s life. It puts many students tens of thousands of dollars in debt. Individual states have the choice on whether or not they want to grant funding to large state-run universities. Despite these grants, schooling is still very expensive for the average American. A bachelor’s degree in the U.S. can run from about $37,600 for an average public college to over $160,000 at prestigious schools such as Harvard. In Canada, the average cost of an undergraduate degree starts at $8,000 (Quebec) and increases to about $26,000. The most expensive undergraduate programs in Canada will cost around $50,000, which is approximately one-third the cost of a degree from Harvard University.

Average Salaries
According to the website numbeo.com, the average income of an American and a Canadian are approximately the same amount. Canada’s after-tax monthly income is about $3,000 which totals around $36,000per year. The U.S. sits just below Canada at approximately $2,942 per month, or roughly $35,300 per year.

The real difference is seen in the cost of living. While Americans and Canadians roughly make the same amount per annum, there are large gaps in specific spending areas of both countries.

The monthly rent for a one-bedroom condominium in the downtown area of your average city in Canada is near $907, but only about $878 in the United States. This difference of roughly $29 per month adds up to nearly $350 in the course of a year. If you multiply that over a five-year span, you are looking at over $1,700 in additional expenses for housing alone.

The Bottom Line
Canadians receive better social benefits such as healthcare, paid maternity leave and greater subsidization of their post-secondary schools. Both countries generally have around the same annual income. However, the cost of living in the United States is remarkably less. While Canadians may pay less for larger-life events, Americans pay less for day-to-day expenses such as eating and housing costs. Maybe it all evens out in the end, or perhaps one place really is better to live than the other.

If you live a healthy and active lifestyle and don’t plan on having children, the U.S. is potentially the place for you. If you plan on having many children and need the help putting them all through school, Canada may be the more suitable choice for your family. Whichever the case, the choice should be made on the basis of what you value most.

Link
OK, Stop your Whining, you not Happy, Move! Gas to Expensive for you, Move to Saudi Arabia- $0.48 per gallon ($0.13 per liter).

the states get our water

Maybe you could supply a link?

Freshwater export between Canada and the US currently takes place at a small scale, mostly as bottled water exports. The bottled water industry exports water in containers usually no larger than twenty litres

Since Canada has taken a strong position against water exports, companies are shifting their focus to Alaska.

WiKi
edit on 16-2-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

In my area, gas jumped from about $2.90 a gallon to $3.30 a gallon within the past week or so. Maybe gas prices all over the country went up pretty recently? (This may be an effect from the winter storm that passed through the south/south east areas last week)
edit on 16-2-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

WP4YT

jamesthegreat
reply to post by Komodo

It's funny how America was founded to be rid of the British empire's taxes, but now we are taxed worse than you guys are...

our cost of living is quite high..

Rent is any where between 130 - 400 a week depending on which state you are in.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yup, I did a quick search and the winter storm from last week added to the rise in prices. (This link is from a local station in Alabama)

www.waff.com...

HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) - As the winter storm approached, gas prices around the valley shot up. Some stations went up ten cents per gallon over night. Analysts said to get used to it.

Gas prices traditionally rise in late February and early March with refineries scaling back production and working the summer blend. This year, the price of crude has gone up eight percent, now back at $100 a barrel.

The nationwide average is $3.34 a gallon. In Alabama, it's $3.14, which is up four cents from last week. However, these average figures are usually a couple of days behind the real prices we see on the streets.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

nope. The cost of living in Australia is getting steadily more and expensive. Whilst Americans were paying cents to the dollar for mostly everything, australia and new zealand have been paying through the nose for mostly everything, new zealand more due to their geographical isolation. Fuel prices have only reached over the $ amount in the past 6 years. prior to that it was around 69 cents to 89 cents per litre, and australia distilled its fuel. Now the distillery is in Singapore, so get ready for an even steeper price hike. I can remember when fuel was 18 cents a litre, and a loaf of quality bread was 80 cents.

Society is stuffed from where i'm looking.......

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

hellobruce

WP4YT

jamesthegreat
reply to post by Komodo

You would lose that bet....

Consumer Prices in United States are 30.59% lower than in Australia
Consumer Prices Including Rent in United States are 32.99% lower than in Australia
Rent Prices in United States are 37.78% lower than in Australia
Restaurant Prices in United States are 32.48% lower than in Australia
Groceries Prices in United States are 22.81% lower than in Australia
Local Purchasing Power in United States is 27.62% higher than in Australia

www.numbeo.com...

its rare that i would agree with a post of your but you nailed that one....cost of living in this country has gone mental in the last 15 years or so...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Look here in Alaska, we drill it, refine it and ship it to markets, our gas lowest price for the past 2 1/2 years was a whopping $3.51 a gallon. In ONE yes ONE day our gas went to $3.63 per gallon, in fact it happened in less than 7hrs... 0.12 in 7hrs WTF really... WE as the U.S. (Alaska in particular) now export more oil than we import, there for our prices should drop not f'ing rise again. Somethings fishy, but if anyone has half a brain they know the games rigged to stick it to us all.

Grim

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
In Ireland, petrol is 1.52 per litre, and it's only just dropped. That's in Euros, by the way. Equates to over eight dollars a gallon...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join