It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Is the Chief Facilitator of Christian Persecution

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well, this is a good thread and I am going to hold out some hope that the atheists verses theists verses christians etc are done having their war concerning the Egyptian god Maat now and ready to discuss the issue at hand...

Because the issue is not as simple as anyone would like it to be... whether those anyone's happen to believe in a God of any kind of not....

My husband and I actually had this discussion a few months ago when things in Syria were starting to take a serious downturn in regards ALL the religious minorities, and something that day I said I figure would be worth repeating here.

Democracy does not work in every country, in some countries it runs in direct opposition to what is good for ALL the people in the country, because democracy, true democracy, is majority rule. In some countries you just cannot have majority rule, because the majority then wipe out any opposition to themselves...

This is why in most of the middle east, you have a better shot at having things like religious freedoms for all people under someone from outside that majority... such as we saw in Assad. He was from the minority, and kept other minority groups as advisers, and made sure to allow all the minority groups to have an equal say alongside the majority.

When you go into a place where this is the only way to have religious freedom, and allow majority rule... their first act is to wipe out those who oppose them, ie: the minority groups.

Democracy in this way, is never truly just, what is just, is to allow all groups equal footing and equal say, and this is not democracy, it is a representative republic.

Therefore, if you want what is just, rather than saying democracy, you should be saying representative republics all the way around... But people don't seem to grasp this concept, and keep thinking democracy is better... well its not, and Syria, Egypt, and so on down the list, is proof. Because that is democracy.... it is unjust to the minority.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join