It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Vitamin C keeps cancer at bay, US research suggests.'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Baddogma
reply to post by Aleister

It's more common to use sodium ascorbate for IV use... but ascorbic acid is better orally. It might have something to do with putting even a mild acid right into one's veins.

Liposomal C is believed (due to clinical trials) to raise the blood levels to, or surpassing, IV levels even, as odd as that seems. And it delivers several multiples more c than straight powder or pills.

Either way, it can help with cancer, especially in conjunction with other things, like Maitake 'shrooms, etc. Lack of c is tied to heart disease, too (the arterial blockage) according to Pauling and anecdotal testimony... but it can't be patented, thus no money, thus nothing to be heard from the medical profession in large part, though there are a growing number who promote it.

It does alot besides keeping us alive... and since it's lack in us is due to a mutation (most likely) it's debatable whether or not it's even a "vitamin," technically.
edit on 2/9/2014 by Baddogma because: crctn

edit on 2/9/2014 by Baddogma because: trypos

I haven't gotten back to this thread for awhile, and just saw this, and yeah, Vitamin C is just a nickname so people learn to take it. If the medical community went around saying we all need to take large amounts of ascorbic acid every day...you'd lose a lot of people right there. So Vitamin C is just a cool nickname, and I don't even know who came up with it.

But yeah, as I understand it, the stuff holds us together. It's what builds and maintains connective tissue. This is not only true for humans, but for all lifeforms. We all make ascorbic acid in our bodies. Or at least try to. But because of the luck of the draw, we ended up to be in the mammal where production broke down. All the primates after lemurs couldn't make it any more. We try like heck though, the body is putting it together - which takes five steps - and then at one point pretty late in the game it can't complete a step. Doesn't have the tools. Every other life form but primates and guinea pigs (birds of a feather) go merrily along making it, and making it just fine, thank you. Except for all of us apes. And those guinea pigs. Luck of the draw.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

beansidhe
reply to post by Aleister

Hi Aleister

As for this use, is the medical profession afraid to prove Linus Pauling right? Of course it is. Thieves and crooks, in it for the money and not for the medicine.

I absolutely agree with you on this one. And didn't we used to know that? That fruit and veg were good for us? I do wish we would start listening to old tales and 'silly' folklore, because it seems they knew what they were talking about.

B x

Nature medicine usually gets a long leash from Mother Nature herself, and circulates among some people for a long long time, and then many more people in the general population finally listen about something. Like I said, on this one we lost at nature's roulette wheel. We have to supplement, it's just a discussion of how much and what kind.

<< 1  2   >>

join