It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA manuals show how they train police to construct false chains of evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well first I must say that it doesn't surprise me. The bulk collection of data by the NSA has already been confirmed by the Snowden leaks, this however hasn't been the only use of that information reported. According to the Washington post, the data collected is being handed over to the DEA and used in it's investigations.

Sourc e

Some defense lawyers and former prosecutors said that using "parallel construction" may be legal to establish probable cause for an arrest. But they said employing the practice as a means of disguising how an investigation began may violate pretrial discovery rules by burying evidence that could prove useful to criminal defendants.

This however isn't the end of the cycle. Apparently not only does the agency use this information to construct evidence, it's also training local law enforcement how to do the same.

Source

New disclosures now allow us to see online the DEA training manuals with which Drug Enforcement Administration agents are taught to coach local police departments across the country how to lie about their chains of evidence and sources, how to willfully violate the law and cover their tracks in thousands or tens of thousands of cases every year in order to fill the cells of the US prison state with drug defendants.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

My bro was telling me about this craziness over xmas dinner haha. Goes against just about every purtection we the people have against LEO's. How is one innocent until proven guilty in this set up? It is guilty until I find the evidence that I wouldn't have been able to get if I didn't already arrest you...
Curios to see what those that would defend something like this have to say

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I think that there have been threads on this subject before.
It is definitely Unconstitutional.
It doesn't surprise me that they do it.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

The executive branch is essentially a rogue state.

How many times have "they" used the data to blackmail members of the other two branches and how many times have they actively manipulated democratic process domestically and abroad?

If you can answer this question, leave the US as fast as you can.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

so on the one hand theyre saying they only spy on terrorists, and the data is used to foil lots of terrorist plots, but it appears its really just another tool for domestic law enforcement, constitution be damned.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And this is why ALL COPS ARE BAD.

You cannot be a good guy who works for a corrupt institution that trains in methods to circumvent the Constitution.

I'm sure somewhere in East Germany there was a "good" guy bugging his neighbors homes and teaching children to rat their parents out.

It's not the cops fault he works for Evil Incorporated, right? It's your fault for electing politicians that write bad laws in the first place. Those "good" guys are just doing their jobs.

Good guys are always taking seal clubbing jobs. It's not the fault of the employee his job requires he bash the heads of baby seals. He's a good guy.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

snarfbot
reply to post by Daedal

so on the one hand theyre saying they only spy on terrorists, and the data is used to foil lots of terrorist plots, but it appears its really just another tool for domestic law enforcement, constitution be damned.

Exactly, I read about this in Reuters - that's a pretty official news source - and then discovered that while this was out in the open, spokesmen like Obama and the N.S.A. chief were still claiming that there were no abuses of information.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

There is so much corruption going on in every part of society now and it is only getting less acceptable each day. We really should get off our butts finally and do something about it while we still can. Oh wait...Dancing With the Stars is on!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

The cops are the BIGGEST ENEMY of our once free republic. They "follow orders"...

NO different than Gestapo, SS troops, etc..

NOONE with HONOR and INTEGRITY would STILL be one.

BADGES ARE REDCOATS

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere

You cannot be a good guy who works for a corrupt institution that trains in methods to circumvent the Constitution.

I'm sure somewhere in East Germany there was a "good" guy bugging his neighbors homes and teaching children to rat their parents out.

It's not the cops fault he works for Evil Incorporated, right? It's your fault for electing politicians that write bad laws in the first place. Those "good" guys are just doing their jobs.

Good guys are always taking seal clubbing jobs. It's not the fault of the employee his job requires he bash the heads of baby seals. He's a good guy.
Well said, guy. The ''I'm just doing my job'' excuse is lame and cowardly.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere

Family needs taken care of, Pension and Paycheck..

That comes BEFORE adherence and RESPECT for the Constitution and the ONCE FREE REPUBLIC.

Redcoats today are PROVING the every man for himself mentality. They are the same as the post-apocalypse roving gangs that will pillage others for their family's well being.

new topics

top topics

join