It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANyone play Blood Bowl :Chaos Edition?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I was wondering, anyone play Blood Bowl CE?

For those that dont know, its a videogame about a board game from Games Workshop, it pits several high fantasy teams of different races, like elves, goblins, orcs, vampires and the like against each other in a modified football match, where you have to take the ball from your end to the others touchdown zone.

Its crazy fun, and has a tactical depth that cant be matched, you can also make leagues and has rankings and stuff, if you play, lets play , if not check it out!

Official Blood Bowl site

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yes its a fun game...I got started on this kind of game many years ago with a game called Crush! Deluxe

Crush I think was actually out many years before the whole blood bowl idea came around and they are very similar. To this day I still keep a burnt copy of the game and have flirted with the idea of trying to hire someone to remake it as it was a simple turn base game but so brilliant in game play.

I think another one that came out was called chaos league or something...it was decent too. Ill have to reinstall this game and test it out again as I love these kind of games.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
yup its great!
the best of both worlds, all the "fantasy" violence and all of the strategy combined...
oh and lets not forget the goblin cheerleaders

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

Bleeeeach Bleeeeach...

Isnt that an Ork though, rather than a Goblin?

Do people still play that game, I was thinking of getting it a little while back but it seemed the only real way you could get any games was if you joined a league as the offical servers where more or less dead?

Although I think it was also the invasive DRM they used that also turned me off, hate DRM outside of the Steam client.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneEyedProphet

I have wanted to play BBCE cause it's got some cool teams that Blood Bowl 2 does not. Still, my PS4 play's games better than the computer, so I like Blood Bowl 2.

Anyway, was wondering if you still played, and if you or anyone plays BB2 for PS4?

Also, the Total War Warhammer looks super sick.

new topics

top topics

join