It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liberal Newcomers and How to Destroy a Conservative America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
We are on the verge of seeing conservative America imploding on itself as self absorbed politicians pander for their share of the votes brought in by legalizing illegal aliens and increasing immigration even more. This is not only the death knell for the GOP (which I could care less about) but the end to every conservative American's dream of limited and unobtrusive government.

The political elites who refuse to acknowledge they're spending Americas children down a river of unsustainable debt and monetary slavery will do anything to maintain their hold on power. Including opening the floodgates of immigration and pushing amnesty for those who broke our laws to enter in the first place. This is why the Senates "Gang of Eight" is pushing so hard to grant amnesty. This is why the House leaders are in secret immigration meetings trying to present a bill that insures they might get some of the immigrant votes as well. If this doesn't convince people that the democrats and republicans don't care about Americans, our current unemployment and food-stamp debacle nothing will.

Let me be clear, these "newcomers" are not liberals (though the article title says they are,) they are big government, nanny state progressives who want more services, more gun laws and a Big Government Brother to pander to their every need. What we need is to keep legal immigration at it's current level and secure our borders now.

The Liberal Newcomers

By itself, the annual flow of 1.1 million legal immigrants under the current system will create more than 5 million new potential voters by 2024 and more than 8 million by 2028. Congressional Budget Office projections indicate that under the Senate Gang of Eight’s S.744 bill, the total additional potential voters would rise to nearly 10 million by 2024 and 18 million by 2028. The influx of these new voters would reduce or eliminate Republicans’ ability to offer an alternative to big government, to increased government spending, to higher taxes, and to favorite liberal policies such as Obamacare and gun control.

There is nothing controversial about the report’s conclusion that both Hispanics and Asians, who account for about three-fourth of today’s immigrants, generally agree with the Democrats’ big-government agenda. It is for this reason that they vote two-to-one for Democrats.

I'll say again, amnesty and opening the floodgates to immigration will destroy the GOP and more importantly it will end any hope of a conservative, small government America. Both the left and the right are trying to sell us out.

Republican leaders ducked and dodged this weekend to avoid answering questions about their plans for a rewrite of the nation’s immigration laws, but their comments indicated a determination to move ahead with President Barack Obama’s top legislative priority.
GOP leaders hide immigration plans

"To move ahead with President Barack Obama’s top legislative priority" pretty much says it all. We saw what his last top legislative priority obamacare did to the country. Do we really want more of this insanity? I for one do not.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You still believe either party has the "people" as their agenda?

The GOP that freed the slaves is long dead.

GOP is just as much for Corporate america as the Democrats.

Its all theater, its all for one purpose.

Keep the cash flowing at all cost.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I believe is call, importing poverty, from the millions that will be becoming "citizens", more than half will be falling into the welfare system, sometimes I wonder how the 'economy" and the tax payers will be paying for this increase, because if we can barely afford the poor right now because the government is in debt then how can we afford more.

I don't see it.

America was build by immigrants but those immigrants created wealth, it was opportunities, it was not welfare and not big government then, so is its rather pathetic that people now wants to compare the immigrants of today to the ones that help built the nation, now is nothing but importing poverty no prosperity.

And you are right Conservatives or the "party of the poor" will become poorer as more of the working productive class will distance themselves from those that are promoting more hardship on the tax payers.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

marg6043
I believe is call, importing poverty, from the millions that will be becoming "citizens", more than half will be falling into the welfare system, sometimes I wonder how the 'economy" and the tax payers will be paying for this increase, because if we can barely afford the poor right now because the government is in debt then how can we afford more.

I don't see it.

America was build by immigrants but those immigrants created wealth, it was opportunities, it was not welfare and not big government then, so is its rather pathetic that people now wants to compare the immigrants of today to the ones that help built the nation, now is nothing but importing poverty no prosperity.

And you are right Conservatives or the "party of the poor" will become poorer as more of the working productive class will distance themselves from those that are promoting more hardship on the tax payers.

Damn right, thats exactly what we need, all those immigrants that killed the native population.

Wait...

Seriously though, Address nafta and the exportation of jobs, and we wouldn't have the "welfare" state we seem to find ourselves in.

The issues are far more complex than them brown people ruining our country a bit too sp for me.

even in prosperous times, Migrants meet struggle, at a time when we are not its worse, but we focus on the blood not the wound.

The injury is jobs leaving, not workers coming in.
edit on 4-2-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The Republican and Democratic parties need to drop the formalities and just merge into one party. That way we can make room for some real political parties that actually differ from each other, like the Libertarian party.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Republicans offering an alternative to big government since when? They love the big government just as much as the progressives the only difference is progressives push for the larger chunk of the population and the Republicans push for a select few. Homeland security which increased the size of the government was Republican as were the bailout of the banks and Wall Street. Republicans doubled the size of the dept of Education then cut it's funding and people wonder why the public school system is worthless. If we want to fix this nation we need to get rid of both parties they have had control for the last 150 years and look at the shape of the country.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If you are looking to place blame for the immigration problem; perhaps a look at who hires the most illegals.

www.examiner.com...
www.wehirealiens.com...
www.nbcnews.com...

What party favors business and BIG business in particular?

I've voted 3rd party in the last 4 election cycles. There will be no change in American politics until a viable 3rd party emerges and I don't see that happening because 3rd parties are viewed as wacko malcontents. Why? Because that's what they are....and proud of it.
edit on 4-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

No I don't, not a chance. But trying to get people to look at the problems caused by those parties is an uphill battle at the very least. Even some conservatives who see what's happening refuse to change their stance on the GOP.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

buster2010
Republicans offering an alternative to big government since when? They love the big government just as much as the progressives the only difference is progressives push for the larger chunk of the population and the Republicans push for a select few. Homeland security which increased the size of the government was Republican as were the bailout of the banks and Wall Street. Republicans doubled the size of the dept of Education then cut it's funding and people wonder why the public school system is worthless. If we want to fix this nation we need to get rid of both parties they have had control for the last 150 years and look at the shape of the country.

The same people that got us here, will never be able to get us out, its that simple.

To continue to do the same thing expecting different results is insanity, yet people keep banging the two party drum...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by benrl

No I don't, not a chance. But trying to get people to look at the problems caused by those parties is an uphill battle at the very least. Even some conservatives who see what's happening refuse to change their stance on the GOP.

IT may be an up hill battle, but it is the only one that matters.

Economy, Education, Immigration, Homosexual Marriage, Abortion, ETC.

They are the tools of distraction they use to drag us by our nose to our own doom.

WE Americans, need to understand one thing, WE are on the Titanic, and the Rich in the life boats don't care that you voted for them.

Its time to stand by each other, or start playing the violin as we all drown.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

If you are looking to place blame for the immigration problem; perhaps a look at who hires the most illegals.

Not trying to place the blame both parties have loads of that. I am saying that if these immigration tactics become law it will be the end of any hope for smaller government and a conservative way of life for any Americans.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by olaru12

Not trying to place the blame both parties have loads of that. I am saying that if these immigration tactics become law it will be the end of any hope for smaller government and a conservative way of life for any Americans.

Look at Reagan, Conservatives IDOL.

HE was for small government, yet magically after an assassination attempt he was responsible for the single largest growth of government we had ever seen up to that point *cough bush/obama*

I understand what your thinking, its just wrong.

That hope was long dead.

You say immigration Matters,

I tell you honestly we already lost if the majority still buys that BS.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Bassago
I am saying that if these immigration tactics become law it will be the end of any hope for smaller government and a conservative way of life for any Americans.

I don't think the corporate Oligarchy wants a smaller government! They control both sides of the isle and the voters are SOL.

Even voting 3rd party will make no difference. We are heading into a time of Fascism with a world war looming in our future.

First and foremost....America is in the business of WAR!

nationalpriorities.org...
edit on 4-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
We are so screwed.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

beezzer
We are so screwed.

Id trust that cat and or beezzer with Immigration reform before Id trust congress with it.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The bad guys have won (for the time being) Republican, democrat, it matters not anymore.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

benrl

WE Americans, need to understand one thing, WE are on the Titanic, and the Rich in the life boats don't care that you voted for them.

That is absolutely brilliant!
Succinct - to the point. We The People are literally dying and all they, the "elect", care about is re-election and whatever lie they need to tell us to get there.

Its time to stand by each other, or start playing the violin as we all drown.

Again - well made point! Maybe it's time to rip the damn violins out of everyone's hands and force their eyes open! "They" don't give a crap about us at all - yet we are fighting each other for them! It's time to throw all of them out and see if we can get better representatives in... people that will actually represent us for a "change"!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You know what is truly funny? How history repeats itelf. Since day one of this nation newcomers like the Irish, Germans, Scandanvians, Italians etc. have been delared and destroying America. Ironic that the same silly thing is still declared today.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You say immigration Matters,

I tell you honestly we already lost if the majority still buys that BS.

Oh I believe we are pretty much lost already. This ship is going down but it isn't on the bottom... yet.

I believe that stopping this amnesty / immigration fiasco is important. Why else are the republicans trying to hide it? Right now the GOP and the Dems and trying to dump more gasoline on what remains of our country. I don't mean to say it's the only problem or even the biggest problem. It's just another big problem IMO.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Thanl you, OP - for once again taking the torro by the horns. S/F !

I've paid ( with little
complaint ) my taxes for the politician's , lawyers , and welfare moms, and will ( likely ) continue. But , will an increasingly immigrant tax base pay for me ? And my kids ( taxpayers ) who are increasingly unable to enjoy the freedoms ( the best thing ? ) of America ?

Man oh man .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join