It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Methods of Countering Effects of Mercury Retrograde?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

your persistence in control is/has clearly complicated your perception of the simplicity of life.
Don't need no astrology it's inside of you and me. You don't need a ticket to fly with me .....IM FREEE
OZZY OSBOURNE
if you insist still....then stay away from everything around you...especialy those you care for and electronic gadgets.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Faeded

Thanks, at least your post made me chuckle.
Nice pink guitar too, I used to have some shades that would have gone perfect with that.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I am a Mercury baby, man.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kissy princess

Hi Kissy

Great list of books and very good reads.

What about some good text books for astrology who would you recommend? There are some fabulous and insightful authors and sadly some rubbish ones that get into print.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

What are the rubbish ones and why are they rubbish?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
rise above planetary and solar influences. the option has always been there

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The same people that tell you astrology has no value are the same people that tell you consciousness is a biomechanical process and that everything in the universe is based on math principles.

Its very hypocritical.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Phage

Any suggestions on this?

When in worry,
When in doubt,
Run in circles,
Scream and shout.

In this case I would recommend clockwise.

Widdershins, dammit! Widdershins. We're talking the retrograde here.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

onequestion
The same people that tell you astrology has no value are the same people that tell you consciousness is a biomechanical process and that everything in the universe is based on math principles.

Its very hypocritical.

That may the very best summary I've heard on that little double-standard.

I'm gonna use it in the future, for sure.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Many thanks to those whom have kindly offered insight into the OP's question!

I have never understood why so many assume if one is interested in astrology, they automatically follow its message verbatim, and without question. I would much rather be open to a myriad of many interests, than limit myself solely to those explained easily by science/logic/rationale.
Because sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees.

Well said! I am glad that you asked this question as well, it is something that I have been curious about myself. I wish you well on your journey and for the changes coming your way.

I want to share my favourite horoscope site with you - I find his weekly forecasts EERILY accurate, and have spooked many people by sharing it with them lol. His insight can be very helpful in navigating influences that the signs experience. I like that he doesn't mince words in the slightest.

Astrobarry Horoscopes

He also covers the planetary influences and possible effects of retrogrades in a weekly blog:

Astrobarry Weekly Blog

reply to post by 1Providence1

This has worked well for me in the past - sometimes you really do need to focus on the positive because Mercury retrograde can be most challenging indeed.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonBlossom

Great thanks! And to everyone else too.

I do believe that to an extent it's mind-over-matter - meaning, things happen not just because "retrograde", but because you now expect them to!

Last time around I officiated the wedding of some dear friends. Outside, in October, out-of-town.
The whole thing was plagued with transportation and timing issues. The entire expressway was at a standstill, both directions, and a 3 hour drive became 8. Coincidence? The e-way was slow for everyone, not just us...

I've also been reading that your rising sign is of more importance to what you SHOULD be looking at, doing, what have you.

Anyhoo that's all I've got for now. Thanks again guys!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Spread the message.

Its a double standard because astrology is confirming their theory. They are to influenced by main stream thought to realize it.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Proof!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Has anyone done any research concerning the effects of Mercury Retrograde on political legislation?

I wonder if there's any weird connections to legislative/government policy failures/successes.

Mercury is Retrograde now and thru the month.

The U.S. debt ceiling issue is hot again as are some others like unemployment benefits extensions and immigration.

Will MR have any effects + or - ?

edit on Feb-07-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

That's a pretty good question - I'd take it a step further, and ask how HAS it affected politics (and etc) in the past - someone would have to create a timeline and check against major world events etc. - someone with a little more time on their hands than I. I'd love to see it though.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Hi Kaostheory,

Mercury retrogrades occur three times a year and their influences will vary with individuals and is very often impacted by its aspects with other planets in your chart.

There is usually a shadow period of influence before and after the actual retrograde itself. Mercury is the fastest moving planet and its influence can come and go very quickly. Often its influence is felt in parts of life that have to do with communications and projects. You may notice during this period that you will be revisiting some project, process or life centered (career, relationship) issues.

It is not always advisable to make serious business decisions during these periods because within a short time the correct course may present itself and it may require changing course to correct. Sometimes information you need to use will be obscured during this pahse. Machinery and communications may not cooperate in this period and you may want to step back from decisions that require hard deadlines and choices and wait in favor of a little more time.

With out knowing what your chart is much of this information is very ambigious. As you ahve already seen there are a lot of people that are completely shut down to any of this information. So Be It.

Astrology is part of the tool kit of occult science and information, just as relevant as the study of alchemy, tarot, hermeticism, etc... I never try to convince anyone of anything, I just practice and persue my own interests. there are many people who understand very little of the underlying knowledge and pricipals that make up the world they live in. Some are pragmatic and material, some are are more emotionally and spiritually tuned.

You know what I mean. You and I have discussed this some before.

health.markwdoubleday.com...

Here's an interesting link that may help a little on your search.
Good Luck Learning!
edit on 11-2-2014 by sharkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sharkman

Heya Sharkman!
Thank you for that, and yes I fully agree. I do have my chart, but it's not something I fully grasp yet.
And unfortunately, on here, the same people who will tell you Google and Wiki is a lazy way to research, will tell you you're being lazy if you don't. Esoteric information is not the sort of thing best acquired by a Google search, and I prefer conversation with those knowledgeable of the topics.
Thanks again to you and all that have and may in the future converse with me in our own words, in as personal of a way we can, from our own sides of the keyboards and screens.

edit on 11-2-2014 by KAOStheory because: sp

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

KAOStheory,

I added a link that discusses the Mercury retrograde very well.

Check it out!

health.markwdoubleday.com...
edit on 11-2-2014 by sharkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sharkman

Yes I read that, thanks! Good insight there.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Kaostheory,

I've been really enjoying the CD's. they are fantastic and I get some very interesting results and some very deep sleep and recovery from using them.

I'll repost them again on my blog.

Thank you!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join