It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's something wrong with the snow in Virginia...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

peaceblaster
reply to post by antoinemarionette

I've talked to people and seen evidence from ATL, North Carolina, New Jersey, and Virginia thus far. It seems to vary in areas. Some parts of even the same city are seeing different results - some with regular snow, some with whatever the hell this other stuff is.

Take some to the local high school or college chemistry professor and let them experiment to see what gasses are in it. They would probably love to do it.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I've seen snow piled up by the road that doesn't melt for a long long time. I just figure it's the salt and other chem's that road crews use. It is odd though.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by peaceblaster

Who was the very first person to decide they were going to burn their snow with a bic to see what happened? I mean, who thought this up in the very beginning.

I have lived my entire life and never once thought, omg snow! I must try to light it with a bic lighter!

hahahahahaha

Anyway, I am going to wait for the next snowfall, and light my snow on fire too just to see what it smells like!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Okay...IM AM SO GLAD YOU SAID THIS..lol I was thinking the exact same thing this morning when I opened up ATS. It only took about 8 hours for someone to ask.. Thank you..I guess some people are extra curious..

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

hahahaha

I told my husband this and he couldn't stop laughing!

edit on 30-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I know I said I wasn't going to try this, but the dog came in with a compacted snowball stuck to him.
I went over to the sink, and it melted into water where I was holding it, and I had to move the lighter from the dripping water.

How is it possible that any American snow doesn't melt normally?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Talking to people in my city, a lot of us came to the conclusion that it is normal snow but highly polluted. It has snowed A LOT this year, so this isn't the 'first snow' most of us were warned about as children - i.e. "don't eat the first snow because of pollution." It's weird snow. It's very powdery, doesn't stick together like it should, doesn't melt in the way normal snow does, etc. As I said, this isn't an isolated thing. It's happening all over the east coast. It's a safe bet that the snow is contaminated with pollutants from whatever chemicals "they're" spraying into the atmosphere via chemtrail technology.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I just tried this, my snow did not do this for the most part. It melted, but a very small section did turn greyish black but it was barely visible, as if what every caused that to happen in the videos was in minute amounts in my snow.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

a very small section did turn greyish black

I think that is just the suet from the lighter, residue from the butane or some such.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

Who was the very first person to decide they were going to burn their snow with a bic to see what happened? I mean, who thought this up in the very beginning.

Just as a guess:
Sometimes when people have to unfreeze their pipes, they'll use a blowtorch to heat them up. My guess is someone might have been trying to melt the snow around their pipes with a blowtorch and realized that the snow was turning black. They had to have noticed the smell, it's so strong. I've seen a few people remake the videos and using blowtorches and the result was similar. That's just the only situation I could think of where it would make sense to be lighting your snow on fire.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Char-Lee

a very small section did turn greyish black

I think that is just the suet from the lighter, residue from the butane or some such.

Yes. After I showed my husband the videos we went out and tried it together. He explained to me that it the same concept as how igloos work. He told me that they light unventilated fires and the carbon from the smoke gets trapped in the ice that has melted and refrozen.

Edit because I forgot to mention the snow did have an odor but it was lighter fluid smell.
edit on 30-1-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

peaceblaster

I've tried to get this video embedded every which way and yeah I did read the guide. Anyways, here's the video. The first time it didn't melt at all, but as you can see this time it melted a little but it still turned black and the smell is absolutely awful.

It looked like the burned places on the ice formed a smiley face.

Me thinks it is teasing you.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I live in Virginia and there is nothing wrong with "my" snow. The kids and I were out building a snowman earlier, and shortly after we came inside all of the snow on our shoes MELTED, and was cleaned up with a towel. All of the snow on my vehicle MELTED... all of the snow on my drive way MELTED... this fake snow thing is getting ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Michigan here lots and lots of snow, in fact, ass deep.

Anyhow I took some pictures. RT marks calendar date.

If it's all still here in June, i'll worry and even post pics.

Kind Regards,

RT

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
We don't have snow... no weird bic-lighting a snowball experiments for me. Sigh...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Is it maybe because the people in the southern states just don't know how to really DEAL with snow, so they try to light it up with a bic lighter and call it fake... ?

Maybe people just know that there's something fundamentally wrong with the world, so the snow is taking the blame. Then again who knows maybe it really is chemtrail snow..

This reminds me of those threads that insist that the sun used to be yellow but now it's white, then again, didn't it used be yellowish..?

edit on 30-1-2014 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

43 seconds in, after he takes the fire off of it - it drips into his hand.

So much for not melting.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I don't want to offend but I signed up just to respond to this comment. Please do not build an igloo with no ventilation and light a fire inside it to test this theory. If you are inside the igloo, carbon monoxide or the heat from the fire will kill you. All igloos are built with ventilation wholes in the top of them. A quick glance around the internet would tell you this. The purpose of igloos is that in cold climates, the structure has the ability of retaining heat. I know being made of ice that it is kind of counter-intuitive, but the ice acts as an insulator. Just didn't want anyone to test this and kill themselves.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

Nope no intention on trying it. My husband pointed out, which I failed to mention, was that this is done to make the structure stronger, not while people are inside trying to keep warm.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

Welcome to ATS and thank you for denying ignorance! The true spirit of ATS!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join