It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA sued by Rhawn Joseph for failing to examine alien life on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Mianeye
Hmm I still think it looks like a rock, or they ran over a doughnut.

I don't know if it's ok to sue, but think it's ok to question.

Anyway just noticed another little anomaly, slightly up left from the rock it looks like there is a small cogwheel or something, that is not on the other pic.

Could be a shadow, but i don't think so.

edit on 29-1-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

Could have been a Mars puffball (mushroom) it ran over...and went POOF!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Aliensun
As for the object in the Curiosity images, I offer the rather wild idea that NASA as messed with the data. I wonder if the images have been reversed, if SOL 3540 was taken first and later switched with SOL 3528?

Not very likely, as there are thousands of people that look for updated photos every day and would notice if something from Sol 3528 appeared after Sol 3540.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There's only one thing that worries me in this case, the possibility that someone in NASA (or whoever tells NASA how to act) will say "enough of this, now we will stop publishing the photos as soon as we get them and we will only publish them after peer review".

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Zarniwoop

And maybe wait until they are finished snapping photos of the rock...

Sol 3554
Sol 3555

What could Rhawn Joseph's motivation possibly be?

Buy Rhawn's book

Awww, now you've gone added facts and logic to the story, you spoiler you......

I bet you a gadzillion dollars there will still be folks posting anti NASA stuff and wild speculation about the object. The several closer photos taken by NASA showing that it is a rock will be declared fake or staged.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Aliensun

But principally these days, Science is divorced from the daily, practical lives of the people except as a propaganda tool used in a thousand open and insidious ways to guide cultures and societies toward a goal that government seeks.

Wow, that's a pretty broad and ignorant claim!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

aorAki

Aliensun

But principally these days, Science is divorced from the daily, practical lives of the people except as a propaganda tool used in a thousand open and insidious ways to guide cultures and societies toward a goal that government seeks.

Wow, that's a pretty broad and ignorant claim!

One shared with quite a few, and I concur with it.

Oh, and if you don't know what this is, get glasses!

Mars, forrests and lakes.

More....

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

Its not just rocks after all!
edit on 29-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Unity_99

No, dust and carbon dioxide ice.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
Occams Razor says its just a rock kicked by the wheels.

HOWEVER, if creatures were to live on Mars, I would expect they would all look like rocks. Isn't survival about blending in?

Movie Apollo 18 Ending

Meanwhile back on earth

Crazy living rock is one of the weirdest creatures we've ever seen
Original story at Grist• 3 mentions • 7 months ago
now.motherearthnews.com...

Strange Rocks May Preserve Some of Earth's First Animals
17 August 2010 1:01 pm
2 Comments
news.sciencemag.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The fact that ANY image from ANY mission that has ever been sent out into space has to be systematically screened and edited or withheld from the public is bizarre. Every last bit of raw data should be available to the entire world, anything else is suspicious.

With that being said, this is a picture of what appears to be a rock, and if you accept the idea that what we are looking at is in fact a rock then you must be open to the idea that it doesn't necessarily mean it has anything to do with a biological lifeforms. Rocks blow off ridges, they break free at completely random moments and settle in a completely random area, perhaps there was a small earthquake that vibrated a rock free from a crack or lip...maybe a small meteor impacted a mile away and sent debris all over the place and a single rock rolled its was into the rovers view.

Ive seen nature move things all on its own without the help of any biological entity.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 29-1-2014 by Retikx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
NASA says "um! sorry we can not find the rock?"
"maybe we hit it with the wheel again!"

or maybe it crawled off.
or the props department lost it.
or alien kids are throwing rocks at the rover.

it IS stupid.
a rock appears and they Dont look at it???

edit on 29-1-2014 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

It's not a rock, it's not a life form, it's a jelly donut. Anyone can see that.

lol suing NASA for not examining ....the life form? That's a good one!

While i find the jelly donut fascinating, where is there an indication life is involved at all? Am I totally missing something?

Or is the fact of the rock moving supposed to be evidence of life? I guess the rover never disturbs the rocks and dirt it rolls over....

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

ArMaP

Unity_99

No, dust and carbon dioxide ice.

And jelly donuts, obviously. As Colbert stated, jelly donuts are martians and we have been pissing them off for years

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Klassified

Call me cynical, but the first thing that crossed my mind was, this lawsuit is a setup to make those who see things in Mars images look silly, and fringe. Even if it isn't a setup. A lawsuit like this will make anyone who thinks outside the box concerning Mars images a looney. That's very convenient.

There is always an idiot in any crowd that does something to screw things up for the rest. It seems to be human nature rather than a conspiracy.

I mean, really...read the label on a bottle of shampoo. Apparently some idiot actually drank the stuff.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Klassified

Call me cynical, but the first thing that crossed my mind was, this lawsuit is a setup to make those who see things in Mars images look silly, and fringe. Even if it isn't a setup. A lawsuit like this will make anyone who thinks outside the box concerning Mars images a looney. That's very convenient.

Maybe it's because most of those people ARE loony.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

ArMaP
There's only one thing that worries me in this case, the possibility that someone in NASA (or whoever tells NASA how to act) will say "enough of this, now we will stop publishing the photos as soon as we get them and we will only publish them after peer review".

They already do so....

The peer review is a procedure to sanitize the images.... There are several days from when they Acquire the image and when they Release the image.
Ask to Mike Malin and his MSSS

But sometime, something slip-out.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

This guy sounds like a bit of a nut.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Arken
There are several days from when they Acquire the image and when they Release the image.

Curiosity is on Sol 528, the last images on NASA's site are from Sol 527.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

ArMaP

Arken
There are several days from when they Acquire the image and when they Release the image.

Curiosity is on Sol 528, the last images on NASA's site are from Sol 527.

Not all the images and sols.

after two weeks of a particular Sol, you can find images released two weeks after and taken during the same Sol two weeks before.

edit on 30-1-2014 by Arken because: GRRR Grammar...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Arken
Not all the images and sols.

Most of the images and sols, and that's what I was talking about.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join