It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA sued by Rhawn Joseph for failing to examine alien life on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Rhawn Joseph is just stirring things up so he can have something to write about in his next book. So, if NASA re-examines the area and find nothing but rocks that are not fossils then a lot of people are going to feel rather foolish. Needless to say there is a certain desperation to the wanting of all this fracas boarding on the fanatical.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Mianeye
Hmm I still think it looks like a rock, or they ran over a doughnut.

I don't know if it's ok to sue, but think it's ok to question.

Anyway just noticed another little anomaly, slightly up left from the rock it looks like there is a small cogwheel or something, that is not on the other pic.

Could be a shadow, but i don't think so.

edit on 29-1-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

If you study the images you can see that the "rock" appears but no other rocks or dust is moved. To get there, it didn't roll or fall because it would leave tracks. It had to descend straight down as if placed there.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
That rock's kinda wierd, reminds me of that cancelled Apollo mission film...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

CAn we dispense with the idiots who post so called funny retorts to the issue being discussed. I wish these morons would just move along....

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

nomickeyshere
reply to post by Arbitrageur

CAn we dispense with the idiots who post so called funny retorts to the issue being discussed. I wish these morons would just move along....
I'm very interested in finding evidence of life on Mars, and I suspect we may find it someday where there's underground liquid water.

But sometimes a rock is just a rock and after reading hundreds of threads about Mars rocks that are supposed to be something other than rocks, but look like rocks, it's hard to not invoke a sense of humor at some point.

Also, if NASA had to investigate every rock that anyone on Earth thought wasn't a rock, they'd never accomplish the science mission. The rovers have limited lifespan which doesn't allow to investigation of every case of pareidolia.
edit on 30-1-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Fromabove

If you study the images you can see that the "rock" appears but no other rocks or dust is moved. To get there, it didn't roll or fall because it would leave tracks. It had to descend straight down as if placed there.

Or.... it got kicked up and landed there?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've only read the topic title but I am willing to bet all the money I have that this guy is either an author, a video maker or both. I will eat my hat if this guy doesn't make a living selling fairy tales to gullible idiots with overactive imaginations. I am convinced this guy is just trying to increase his sales.

A completely presumptuous and blind judgement.

Let's see how my aim was shall we? Google here we come.

Well whaddya know? He's an author!!

edit on 30-1-2014 by fatdeeman because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2014 by fatdeeman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Legally, the question seems to come down to whether NASA is obligated to look into something because some guy thinks they should.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I honestly don't know why man-kind isn't making every effort possible to look for ETs? Surely it would be the biggest discovery of all time and completely change our existence? The amount of effort and money we spend on pointless crap and no one except a few on the fringes of society seem to really care.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I just read it, what a joke. That law suit will go nowhere.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The rock to me looks like a piece of foil with some soil in it. They may have been trying to sprout a seed, then picked the sample back up for analysis. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

What a ludicrous statement. As a scientist who wants nothing more than to understand the world around me, I am offended by your characterization of the scientific world. Granted there are issues with the process and who runs it right now, but every single person who becomes a scientist generally does it to answer questions for mankind. I find your view pathetic and am going to assume you dislike scientists because they typically disprove ludicrous statements.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Zarniwoop

What could Rhawn Joseph's motivation possibly be?

Buy Rhawn's book

Yup, whenever I see "and author" I basically read "man who's trying to sell a book."

As far as I'm aware, NASA doesn't have to show anything, does it? I thought it's just a company like any other. Isn't it like suing Cadburys for not showing photos of everything it does? I might be wrong.

edit on 30/1/14 by AKindChap because: Oh, NASA is a US Gov agency, I thought it was private!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Spot on Fromabove! The object is the only thing out of place there. This suggests the object may be a lot lighter then a rock and lend it in place from above without disturbing the sorrounding little rocks.

Hum.......
edit on 30-1-2014 by LordAdef because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Sounds like business as usaual for N.A.S.A.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Retikx

With that being said, this is a picture of what appears to be a rock, and if you accept the idea that what we are looking at is in fact a rock then you must be open to the idea that it doesn't necessarily mean it has anything to do with a biological lifeforms. Rocks blow off ridges, they break free at completely random moments and settle in a completely random area, perhaps there was a small earthquake that vibrated a rock free from a crack or lip...maybe a small meteor impacted a mile away and sent debris all over the place and a single rock rolled its was into the rovers view.

Ive seen nature move things all on its own without the help of any biological entity.
en.wikipedia.org...

You obviously didn't meet the beloved little meat rock in the post above yours..

Wolfenz

Crazy living rock is one of the weirdest creatures we've ever seen
Original story at Grist• 3 mentions • 7 months ago
now.motherearthnews.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

True but at least he is trying to change thing's for that he should be commended.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Interesting factoid: Researcher Linda Howe established that Mars rover mission manager Steve Squyres has an office at the Pentagon. That speaks volumes.

Time after time, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory has demonstrated it has little spirit, little curiosity and wouldn't know an opportunity if one fell on its head. Or so it seems. When an interesting object is found on Mars, JPL often releases a photo of it . . . and then drives on. They are very busy geologists, you see. They went to Mars to study the expected, the known. No time, you see, for the unknown, the unexpected. What happens at JPL, though, behind closed doors? I'd like to know. Much of the staff is now required to have a security clearance:

www.nationofchange.org...

I'm guessing that Steve Squyres now plays the role that Carl Sagan used to play: The Filter. There is much data the public--or other scientists--are not allowed to know. Squyres, in unison with military and civilian managers, plays a key role in maintaining the filter.

Will there be a private, commercial mission to study the far side of the Moon or the Cydonia region of Mars? Not if NASA can help it. There are secrets to keep.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I don't know how fast can a rover like this accerlerate but with such LOW GRAVITATION I can imagine it can send few little stones like this in the air.

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Blending in??? You obviously haven't seen the tattooed ear gaged teens around here. They are not blending. They want to stand out not blend in.

It's because no one is hunting them. Yet.

The baseball EPIC pic and the part about ridiculing conspiracy were the best.
edit on 30/1/2014 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Tindalos2013
Rhawn Joseph is just stirring things up so he can have something to write about in his next book. So, if NASA re-examines the area and find nothing but rocks that are not fossils then a lot of people are going to feel rather foolish.

No, he will just claim it is proof of life on Mars as NASA covered it up and did not investigate properly.

NASA does not investigate rock:- Proof of life on Mars and NASA coverup as NASA did not want to find signs of life on Mars.

NASA investigates rock and finds it is a rock:- Proof of life on Mars and NASA coverup as they obviously changed the results.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join