It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue skinned mummies and the Royal Blue Bloodline

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

CAPT PROTON
Its called Methemoglobinemia. And you get it from intermarrying.
Ever heard of the Blue Fugates of Kentucky? They're famous because of the their blue skin.
So you can be born blue without being exposed to silver. I hear their blood is more of a brown color.

en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting....wonder if there is any relation to FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I've always been told that the indian art makes the skin blue because it is supposed to be dark (brown) but the pigments for blue worked better, allowing details to be seen.

But about royals having blue blood (not skin, blood) In Europe it was said because nobles did not have to work outside, they were able to protect their skin indoors and with clothing (or in carriages). White skin was a sign of nobility, and only when skin is very white can one see blue veins through it.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

This same concept was pushed off on the "Mexican" population. It is a sign of vanity for a latina to have more fair skin. Red hair is quite well loved, as well as blond. And any color other than brown eyes. But the skin thing....a latin woman who is not as brown is of a higher perceived social status, as she didn't have to work the fields. A woman who works the fields is dark bronze.

I, personally, like the darker latin women. They are more real and less princess.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There are so many theories on these ancient legends from many cultures of tall, pale, beautiful, radiant, blue superhumans from many civilizations.

Current hypotheses seem a mixture of legend, fantasy and anthropology, if only there is a truth sieve to know for sure.

Perhaps such beings were/are real and were/are superhuman/extraterrestrial in origin and either showed their advanced capabilities or looked advanced compared to other cultures wherever they went.

There are places in India and China that find white, blonde. blue eyed people fascinating as it's a rarity.

Just as the technology and people of the Western world might look to indigenous rain forest tribes had they not learnt about such beings.

I do find it interesting that there are a lot of similarities in legends, especially given that DNA stores memory through generations.

The blue blood notion is a recent thing I believe because of the pale skin showing veins, even my light olive-ish skin shows some.
edit on 28-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I can't remember the source but somewhere in the past I read that the aristocracy ingested silver in order to escape the plague. I apologize for posting this without reference to a source but it would seem to be a possibility because of its antibacterial properties.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Born with a silver spoon in their mouth?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

This was my point several posts back: colloidal silver is known to turn skin blue. Too much copper in the water will turn your cat green, too.

But silver has long, long been known to be "healthful". It has antiseptic properties. I can see a people who would ingest silver as a byproduct.

Not to mention the alchemists.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Pure silver is highly toxic and not something you'd want to digest. Same goes for mercury, antimony and other favorite alchemical remedies involved in making the philosophers' stone et cetera. They deliberately poisoned themselves in order to chrystalize the soul and live on in a higher reality. They may have died in this world, but would live on in other parallell worlds. Dying is an illusion according to the alchemist.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I never really reply to threads, but I feel like I have to reply to this.

Blue was considered a rare colour, it was hard to make and it was very expensive, hence why only nobles were seen as "blue" and allowed to use the colour.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

SovereignV1
I never really reply to threads, but I feel like I have to reply to this.

Blue was considered a rare colour, it was hard to make and it was very expensive, hence why only nobles were seen as "blue" and allowed to use the colour.

My point exactly. Words related to blue jeans, like Denim and Dongerey are actually names of Indian cities where they were experts in making blue dyes.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Krishna is black as night or the cosmos.

It was Shiva who turned blue from drinking the poisons from the primordial ocean.

Much of the modern artwork that depict Hindu gods and goddesses were painted by small group of 20th century painters including Yogendra Rastogi, H.R. Raja, B.G. Sharma, and endlessly copied by others (like the common depiction of Jesus you see everywhere). In their work, the deep blue stands in for black as otherwise Krishna's features would be obscured (or so he thought). You can also see how all the gods look similar which is due to the artist's influence.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I think Alchemists used to consume quicksilver, that being the liquid metal mercury, not real silver. Apparently this was one of the ingredients to the fabled philosopher's stone. I do agree however that silver has medicinal properties its also a noble metal and ranks very low one the reactivity scale.

Have you ever heard of Monoatomic Gold ? Now there's a substance with let's just say some exotic properties.....allegedly.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_stone
edit on 28-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Monatomic gold has been talked about for awhile (i think i mentioned it in a prior post in this thread). A theory goes that the pharoahs used to consume it, and it was the "manna" referred to in biblical texts. All manner of wild supposition with that stuff.

Quicksilver was known to cause mental issues for quite a while back. Just handling it drove Newton crazy (or, so I have heard).

Colloidal silver isn't hard to make. I can imagine that the Baghdad Batteries would be capable of producing the stuff. And it has rumored antiseptic properties. I have tried the stuff, personally, to no effect. So instead of turning blue, I just abstain and stick with standard medicine.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I find it rather a coincidence that Manna is remarkably similar to the Ambrosia of the Gods from Greek mythology. Weird coincidence or down right hint to its existence?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The Cherokee also have a story of the blue people

weirdlyawesomenc.wordpress.com...

Interesting Stuff !

:-)
leolady

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

My understanding of the English phrase "blue blood" is that it's the colour of blood in the veins, as distinct from the red blood in the arteries.
Look on the inside of your wrists- if your skin is pale enough, you too will be able to see "blue blood".
In the Middle Ages, you would not see the blue blood in the wrists of a peasant, because it would be concealed by a combination of dirt and sun-tan (and any blood flowing from a wound would hit oxygen and turn red).
Only the wrists of the higher classes would be clean enough for the colour to be visible.
Therefore, the aristocracy in general (rather than royalty alone) have traditionally been called "blue-blooded".

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
uicksilver was known to cause mental issues for quite a while back. Just handling it drove Newton crazy (or, so I have heard).

Felt used to be made through a process that involving mercury. Thus was born the phrase "mad as a hatter."

Harte

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

andy06shake

I find it rather a coincidence that Manna is remarkably similar to the Ambrosia of the Gods from Greek mythology. Weird coincidence or down right hint to its existence?

Between the victor constantly rewriting history for the last several millenia and the cloud/fog of time, it is hard to tell much anything. Other than we have cool stories to talk about.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

I knew there was something they weren't telling us about these guys....

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

CAPT PROTON
Its called Methemoglobinemia. And you get it from intermarrying....

Makes me think about all the interbreeding in Genesis (The Bible).

If we started from very few, then interbreeding would've been unavoidable. Could this have made the first men and women blue and be the source of the tales that depict blue ancients?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join