It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G2 Research new copper bullet explodes on impact

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Supposedly this new G2 ammunition is "The last round you'll ever need." While I don't go quite that far it seems to be a devastation load. Looks like at the moment it's only going to be available in 9mm but in the future for .380 ACP, .357 SIG, 40 caliber, 45 ACP and shotgun slugs.

I must say after watching the video, if there's ever a zombie apocalypse this looks like the ammo to use. Looks wicked just sitting there.
G2 Research

G2 Research’s Radically Invasive Projectile (R.I.P.) copper-tipped bullet makes a stunning explosive mess in the company’s new promotional video, and it’s hard to image the effect on people being much prettier.

The 96-grain round sheds about half its weight due to designed fragmentation, spreading through targets at an aggressively destructive pace, favoring multiple entry wounds over the deeper, narrower penetration of traditional ammunition.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I saw this the other day. I watched a promo video on Youtube. I'm not sure how practical it is, It's seems a little gimmicky. I'm waiting for some some independent ballistic tests to see how well it actually works. It looks like something that might be prone to FTF.

Looks cool, I will say that.
edit on 28-1-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I'll pass until I see independent reviews.

I wonder if these will damage feed ramps or barrels? Looks like a pretty nasty thing in regards to those.
edit on 28-1-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is pretty near WMD for handgun.....stacked with some steel vest penetrators should stop any rogue elephant.....

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

stirling
This is pretty near WMD for handgun.....stacked with some steel vest penetrators should stop any rogue elephant.....

No rogue elephants around here but I'll keep a sharp eye out just in case.

Their web site says they've done a lot of testing (they would say that) so we'll have to see.

Still love the look though, intimidating as all get-out. I may just get a box to load up the shoulder bandolier.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Whoa... It's like science fiction for headshots!

In all seriousness though, this is the most brutal projectile that I have ever seen in slow motion. Forget your massive rifle rounds, tank killers, and the like. I mean, you could amputate someone's...everything, with these rounds! Even chugging out good old, run of the mill center mass shots, you would be looking at punching through the sternum, at which point the round would expand, fragment, and go on to perforate both lungs, every ventrical of the heart muscle, every artery and vein in the vicinity, and probably some other sundry lethality besides.

Bullets are pretty lethal little buggers in their base state, just operating on weight of round, and speed of movement. But this thing? Hell, I am pretty sure I could kill someone by THROWING these things at them! Bloody madness!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

The steel your barrel is much harder than the copper, so there shouldnt be any problems with damage. I'm wondering if one or more of the fins gets bent in either the mag or when its fed into the chamber, if it will cause a jam. I guess we'll see once there are some reviews around.

Also, I wonder if it would be better if they did what Hornady did with their Critical Defense ammo, put a small insert in the nose of the bullet:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Well, I think as soon as it becomes available in your caliber of choice, you should stock up. I think it is a peculiar turn of fate that the last lead smelter in the U S was legislated out of business by the E P A after ten years of trying, and the lead free ammo just went up to the next level (BIG GRIN). As a gunny kinda person, when I saw this stuff, that's what I call turning that frown upside down.
edit on Tue06152Tue, 28 Jan 2014 02:06:15 -0600u131TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by DisgruntledPatriot because: because I felt like it.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The industry's answer to lead restrictions!

What will the Obamanation make 'em come up with next?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Ban on copper smelting without stringent EPA rules being followed

coming in 3...2...1...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

edit on 1-28-14 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I find the new and improved ways that Humanity finds to kill and mame his fellow Man rather disconcerting!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Indeed... I could not agree more.

Trouble is, from a technological and mechanical viewpoint, these rounds are of a pretty elegant design.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I am so going to get a box of these for my 380 when available. I stopped carrying it because I didn't trust it for stoping power.

One of those rounds looks like they would amputate someone where ever they hit. That would stop me.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

There's been a lot of exotic ammo put out on the market over the last few years that claims to do things that "no other ammo can do". While this is a radical design, it still requires independent testing before it can be considered anything other than gimmick ammo.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

My feedramp just wet its pants after seeing those rounds.

It is a great idea, and I like that they are all copper. The round is actually CNC'ed, which is very nice and I am sure will be very expensive.

I too will wait for an independent test of the round, until I pony up money to purchase.

They are very gnarly looking. If the test show great results, I will purchase some when they release the 45acp round.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Definitely getting a few boxes as collectables since these things wreak of the "Black Talon" nonsense of the 80's.

Already the interwebs are filling up with hysterical anti nonsense:

It was for this very reason that another, similar weapon was outlawed by the Hauge Convention (Hague IV 1907, Article 23E) years ago. A “flechette” is a sharp, metal dart or spike — generally, it will have a set of stabilizing fins on the back, much like the darts at your local pub. Flechettes have seen use in tanks as anti-personnel weapons, and in specialized shotgun shells for a century or more. - See more at: aattp.org...

These things are set to retail at over $2/per

G2 Research RIP 9MM 96 Grain Hollow Point Ammo - 20 Rounds per Box

Arriving Soon!

Price / Box: $47.95
Sale Price: $44.00
Manufacturer: G2 Research
link to cached page
edit on 28-1-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

If you really want to stop a zombie, cut a cross mark into a 12 gauge slug.
Like I told my son, "Shoot them in the head. If they keep coming throw the gun down; it will only slow you up while running away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join