It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G2 Research new copper bullet explodes on impact

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere
Definitely getting a few boxes as collectables since these things wreak of the "Black Talon" nonsense of the 80's.

Already the interwebs are filling up with hysterical anti nonsense:

It was for this very reason that another, similar weapon was outlawed by the Hauge Convention (Hague IV 1907, Article 23E) years ago. A “flechette” is a sharp, metal dart or spike — generally, it will have a set of stabilizing fins on the back, much like the darts at your local pub. Flechettes have seen use in tanks as anti-personnel weapons, and in specialized shotgun shells for a century or more. - See more at: aattp.org...

These things are set to retail at over $2/per

G2 Research RIP 9MM 96 Grain Hollow Point Ammo - 20 Rounds per Box

Arriving Soon!

Price / Box: $47.95
Sale Price: $44.00
Manufacturer: G2 Research
link to cached page
edit on 28-1-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

This. Like the black talon nonsense, this product will be hurt by its own hype.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yay another way to kill people........yay..............

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

crazyewok

And animals!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Well, criminals aren't going to kill themselves.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

macman

Isn't that what your AR-15's and all your other guns are for? It not like a bullet before this couldn't kill. Infact it shouldn't even be about killing but just neutralising a threat. I sure a well placed normal bullet to the chest or abdomen is quite capable of disabling a person that has broken in. Ok if you kill them great that there problem, but is they survive so what? as long as they are on the floor incapacitated .

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

butcherguy

crazyewok

And animals!!!

Im sure a animial would be pretty hard to eat with copper fragments in them.

Though protection from bears ect Im sure its pretty usefull.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I like what they showed with the cinder block.
These are actually safer for the people who don't need to be shot. All the energy is expended in the target not the little girl in the bedroom behind the target.
I'm buying a box. The fewer rounds I have to use in home intrusion situation the safer it is for my family.
They should be mandatory for apartment dwellers.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere
Definitely getting a few boxes as collectables since these things wreak of the "Black Talon" nonsense of the 80's.

Already the interwebs are filling up with hysterical anti nonsense:

It was for this very reason that another, similar weapon was outlawed by the Hauge Convention (Hague IV 1907, Article 23E) years ago. A “flechette” is a sharp, metal dart or spike — generally, it will have a set of stabilizing fins on the back, much like the darts at your local pub. Flechettes have seen use in tanks as anti-personnel weapons, and in specialized shotgun shells for a century or more. - See more at: aattp.org...

These things are set to retail at over $2/per

G2 Research RIP 9MM 96 Grain Hollow Point Ammo - 20 Rounds per Box

Arriving Soon!

Price / Box: $47.95
Sale Price: $44.00
Manufacturer: G2 Research
link to cached page
edit on 28-1-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

My very first thought was Black Talon when I saw this. If they test well I will be first in line to feed my .45 some of this. Nasty little fragmenter....wonder how many sheetrock walls they penetrate....probably not a good option for home defense round but seems it would stop anything from continuing forward momentum pretty quick.

Now this round in .223 would be another win. I would love to see it in .17 and .22 as well....talk about adding some stopping power to a smaller round.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I don't own an AR. Not really a fan of the DI system.

But, having first hand knowledge of rounds, be it 22lr all the way to 45acp, aren't just going to "stop or drop" someone, there is a great feeling knowing that the round is doing as much work possible, in stopping the threat.

Neutralizing, kill, stop, eliminate. All the same thing to me. I shoot until the threat is no longer a threat.

And this idea that a "well placed round" can be made, once the flight or fight kicks in, is out the door.
Even highly trained LE have a hit rate of around 40% or so during a shooting. Fine motor skills are lost, thus the reason why Military and LE are trained to shoot for center mass and not the "shoot the knife/gun out of the threats hand".

I believe any round that is improved to stop a threat is a better round then the one before it.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

crazyewok

butcherguy

crazyewok

And animals!!!

Im sure a animial would be pretty hard to eat with copper fragments in them.

Though protection from bears ect Im sure its pretty usefull.

When you shoot a bird, squirrel or rabbit with a shotgun, there tends to be a lot of lead shot to spit out when you eat your prey.
I'd relish copper, I think.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Actually, if you look at CCTV footage which shows shootings, very often it takes more than one round for the target of the shooter to be pacified. If however, a round like this were to be used, it would be immediately effective.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Don't think that round would do much against a bear.

Their hide and skin are very think, thus the need for high caliber rounds for bear protection. The round has to have enough energy to push its way through the hide and skin, and then have the ability to create enough tissue damage to stop it.

Most in Alaska carry very large caliber handguns when the bear aspect is put into the equation.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Yeah I remember the Black Talon.

Ridiculous.

This round may suffer the same fate as the Black Talon nonsense back in the day. Especially if the claims made by the manufacturer are testable by independent review. I'm sure there's plenty of people already looking to ban this type of ammunition anyway. They've been trying to ban exotic ammo of every kind, everything from the Black Talon to buck n' ball.
edit on pTue, 28 Jan 2014 10:05:54 -0600201428America/Chicago2014-01-28T10:05:54-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Penetration is a vital component for ammunition---and this round will definitely be lacking in that factor. It is shedding half its mass almost on contact. Penetration is dependent primarily on velocity, mass, and cross section diameter.

Would likely just pi$$ off bears and 300# goons.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

crazyewok

macman

Isn't that what your AR-15's and all your other guns are for? It not like a bullet before this couldn't kill. Infact it shouldn't even be about killing but just neutralising a threat. I sure a well placed normal bullet to the chest or abdomen is quite capable of disabling a person that has broken in. Ok if you kill them great that there problem, but is they survive so what? as long as they are on the floor incapacitated .

If they are dead, so what?

One shot and the world gets smaller?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Looks like something good for the neighborhood! Hummm I would like a box of 9 mm and a couple 44 mag please

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Tusks
Penetration is a vital component for ammunition---and this round will definitely be lacking in that factor. It is shedding half its mass almost on contact. Penetration is dependent primarily on velocity, mass, and cross section diameter.

Would likely just pi$$ off bears and 300# goons.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

What I was reading about this new bullet seems to put it in the same sort of category as Glaser Safety Slugs or Magsafe ammunition as far as tissue damage goes.
They claim penetration of 16", but don't say what they are penetrating.
Here is a link to their site.
G2 RIP

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't know if any of you noticed in the op video, the first half is fragmentation pieces like flechette that breaks off on impact.
The rear of the round is a solid piece of copper that penetrates deep.

I would never use this for home defense. This round is a hybrid of a hollow point and a plane slug, made to inflict maximum internal damage to organs from the flechette and a big deep canal to bleed out the target fast.

Also did anyone notice the speed of the expansion? I bet of you just wing a target in the arm it will expand and send pieces into people or things that are not your target.

This is some nasty looking stuff.

I see people did notice. Thats what i get for not reading the second page!

edit on 1/28/2014 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Ok if you kill them great that there problem, but is they survive so what? as long as they are on the floor incapacitated .

If they're breaking into my home they are a life threat to me and my family. I don't want them to survive, I want them stopped. Permanently is preferable.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Bassago

Ok if you kill them great that there problem, but is they survive so what? as long as they are on the floor incapacitated .

If they're breaking into my home they are a life threat to me and my family. I don't want them to survive, I want them stopped. Permanently is preferable.

Dead men don't file lawsuits.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join