It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont care for your apocalypse or for your book's and even hell!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Just that between freewill and a very Just God, Just in a way we are not nor can truly conceive, then I am not worried about how you will be judged.

That is the weight you carry yourself. Its not mine.

PS. your silly

edit on 31-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by blueyezblkdragon

That's me being vicarious. What I personally think is the religious get excited when they think they see signs of biblical apocalypse. They do wish it. For the reasons I insinuated above.

That said:

As far as why do Christians and other religious people get excited when they think the apocalypse is about to happen? Its not malice I do not believe, but it is firstly, them wanting to be saved from their life, life is a fight to survive and people would like saved from that I think.

Also, they are tired of waiting for God. This here is key, because I have heard it out of the mouth of many people from all the main religions. Why "tired of waiting" I don't know.

The apocalypse is something that I don't wish for, nor am I tired of waiting for it... so the mindset is one I am unfamiliar with.

I will say that I think it is something similar to the mindset of the shaytan when he thought he knew better than God. But this is my own supposition. That mindset does appear to lead one to some very dark places though. Its not a good mindset imho.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Just that between freewill and a very Just God

Which god? Which of the religious gods is Just!? Or do you not mean to invoke religion into this. Are you a deist?

That is the weight you carry yourself. Its not mine.

I assure you my religious friend this weight is not carried by me

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Its not malice I do not believe, but it is firstly, them wanting to be saved from their life, life is a fight to survive and people would like saved from that I think.

Okay fine. It's all perspective right? Well to me the kinds of people Christians feel will be left behind in that circumstance does make it malicious. Otherwise great people save for not being believers. To believe those people would deserve that kind of earthly hell is to me quite malicious. Or do you believe all atheists deserve eternal hell or earthly hell? Cuz that's what your faith entails for non-believers. Regardless of their goodness.
edit on 31-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I was not invoking any one particular religion. Although my belief on God is that there is only one, and it does not matter what name you call Him, you cannot get Him confused with another, because there is only one.

All religions have turned and fallen away from God. All of them in their own way.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Okay good.

Brahmā is the one true God.

I didn't realize you accepted that at first, but now it's clear you do. Allah is god.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

Its not malice I do not believe, but it is firstly, them wanting to be saved from their life, life is a fight to survive and people would like saved from that I think.

Okay fine. It's all perspective right? The kinds of people Christians feel will be left behind in that circumstance is malicious. Some anyways. Otherwise great people save for not being believers. To believe those people would deserve that kind of earthly hell is to me quite malicious. Or do you believe all atheists deserve eternal hell or earthly hell? Cuz that's what your faith entails for non-believers. Regardless of their goodness.

My belief regarding the last apocalypse is that we all deserve it. Myself, yourself, all our selves have done this to ourselves. We are all responsible for what happens as a result of our choices.

I don't believe there will be any exceptions. What happens on earth will be entirely of our own doing.

The reason Jesus is coming back, is to save us from what we ourselves did. It will be short as a mercy, but we were the ones to cause it.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Yes.

A name is a way to describe someone, a way to call them. It is what that name points to that is what matters.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I'm quite the student of religion, mythology, and philosophy. I can appreciate where you are coming from, although I don't share the faith you apparently have.

That said, I think you're suggesting religious pluralism? Otherwise worded as 'comparative religion'.

Problem is that doesn't work. At all…

It's great in a feel good spiritual sense..

But… these religions conflict in their doctrine in fundamental levels. There is no reconciliation save for claiming all holy books were only meant to be taken metaphorically. Which is obviously not the case. There is direct opposition amongst the claims. I think what you really mean to say, but shy away from, is that you believe Christianity to be the one true religion and that other religions falsely think they are worshipping those gods but in truth are worshipping your god the Christian god. Am I wrong? That's not religious pluralism. That's you hiding behind it
That being the case.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I am not Christian.

For me, it is simple. One God. That it. Cant get any different god's confused because there is one. All religions are wrong, they all have some truth, but not all truth is found in any one. All people following their brand of religion have misunderstood something somewhere.

All religions have their own political bias. This is why they "conflict" yet, God Himself is not conflicting.

Am I a deist, yes in that I believe in God. Do I believe I am right or my religion is perfect no. But, we all do the best we can with what we have available to us, and that "best" is what we will be judged on.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

All religions are wrong, they all have some truth, but not all truth is found in any one.

That's religious pluralism. That all religions have some truth. By the way that's not compatible with deism. Deism rejects god intervention and therefore all religions are completely false

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I don't know what it is I suppose. I only know what I see and what I have learned.

BTW. I am Shia Muslim. But I believe everyone will be judged according to their own books. And some from each religion will see heaven, and some from each see hell, and all in their own way, are wrong.

But then, this is what my religion teaches. It teaches that we have all gone away from the truth. Even the Shia.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

And even you perhaps.

Or are you immune.

Others can go astray but not you?

Do you recognize your fallibility?

Yes. You're not a deist. At all. Glad we clarified that at least.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Yes, even me. No one is immune, we just all do the best we can. I can never say I am right, all I can say is this is what I believe, or how I see it.

People tend to make the biggest mistakes when they start believing in their own infallibility. I do try to avoid that.

There used to be a Christian preacher who was my neighbor. We used to have religious discussions a few times a week during lunch. It was fun. But the biggest laugh we ever had, was when we discussed how wrong we could both be.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

If we can both laugh at our fallibility and understand our limitations in the pursuit of ultimate truth then we can come to an understanding. Is that what we are doing though? I feel I am doing that. Not entirely sure you are.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Why do you feel I am not?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Am I to take it you are finished with our conversation without further elucidation?

I would have like to see why you believe what you do about me personally, as perhaps it is a misunderstanding or somehow I am coming across wrongly or perhaps I am just misunderstanding your main point somewhere.

Anyway, it was a nice convo.
edit on 1-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join