It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Brazil Dropping spheres

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It's just a hot air balloon with decorative candles hanging around it. It's common in Brazil.
Here's a better view of this UFO:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lotusfoot

I have an idea, MAYBE it is what it looks like, an unidentified alien ship.

Given the source and copyright holder of the video I doubt that very much , looks like jmhz71 really went to town on the OP UFO but I have no doubt it just another of his many balloon UFOs , this looks similar but filmed in daylight and minus the sparklers.

Check his channel , many videos of balloons mostly filmed in daylight. Perhaps we will see more night time videos from him as this one seems to have hit the spot on boards like this ... 41,612 hits and counting

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I made a post over a year ago about a very similar video What are the UFOS dropping lately?...in fact these damn slobs can't help themselves from drooling all over us....Makes me think of "slag" reports like what was witnessed in the Maury Island ufo sighting.... weird washington

Dahl looked in the sky and saw six objects floating about two thousand feet above his ship. The objects were made of some reflective metal, doughnut shaped, and about one hundred feet in diameter. The center holes were about twenty-five feet in diameter. Dahl said he also saw round portholes and what he thought was an observation window. Five of the craft circled over the sixth, which dropped slowly. It stopped and hovered about five hundred feet above the water.

Dahl put to shore because he was afraid the center aircraft was going to crash into his boat. Once ashore, Dahl took several pictures with his camera. The lower ship stayed in position for about five minutes, with the others still circling above. One of the ships left the formation and moved down, touching the lower ships. The two kept contact for several minutes, until Dahl said he heard a thud. Suddenly, thousands of pieces of what he thought were newspapers dropped from the inside of the center ship.

Most of the debris landed in the bay, though some hit the beach. Dahl recovered a few pieces, finding it was a white, lightweight metal. Along with the white metal, the ship dropped about twenty tons of a dark metal, which he said looked like lava rock. When the lava rock hit the water, it was so hot that steam erupted. They took cover after several pieces landed on his boat, damaging it. Some debris hit his son on the arm, burning him, and another piece killed his dog.
After the rain of metal, the craft rose into the air and headed west out to sea together. Dahl went to his boat and tried to radio for help, but it did not work. They sailed back toward their dock, dropping the dog over the side as a burial at sea. Dahl took his son to the hospital for treatment and then told his boss, Fred Crisman, what had happened.

It is important to note the historical precedence to this aspect of the phenomena before just jumping on the "Ballon dropping candles..." bandwagon. Remember just because you can paint a horse with black and white stripes and take a pic from a distance that for all the world looks like a zebra, does not mean that all zebras are painted horses....

edit on 27-1-2014 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

jaden_x
It's just a hot air balloon with decorative candles hanging around it. It's common in Brazil.
Here's a better view of this UFO:

Just like I said...key word "elaborate" Chinese lantern. The give away was the way the lights appeared to dangle there in the wind.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
These spherical UFOs are too dubious for one to really believe they are true UFOs.

Show me a classical UFO that shoots out a beam of light, draws the light source back slowly, shoots it out again only in zigzag fashion and then bends the light.

Or show me the UFO that causes the cars to have their engines die suddenly.

These types of UFOs were very prevalent in the past but instead of videos of them we get the orb show UFO videos.

SMH

edit on 27-1-2014 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

Yep. That would seem to be Occam's.

edit on 27-1-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

This seems to make the most sense.

I'm always suspicious of "UFO" videos with music in the background, as if to cover up any chatter that might give it away...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The GUT
reply to post by jaden_x

Yep. That would seem to be Occam's.

edit on 27-1-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

occam has several formulations but generally the most simple theory that explains all of what is observed is most probably correct. it is however a rule of thumb. there are many things that have more complicated origins than the most simple theory proffered. occam is an important tool but it's not the definitive tool or a universal truth.

for example; you could call all ufos seen over a swamp the result of swamp gas but then you would be incorrect a good portion of the time. or you could say for all crimes where someone's spouse is killed the result of the husband killing her but you would be wrong a lot.

even if an explanation is completely plausible it could still be wrong.

there are plenty of times when a scientific theory held in wide regard is destroyed by subsequent discoveries. for example the theory that all elements heavier than iron are created in novae or super novae which was taught for nearly a century as gospel turns out to be laughingly inaccurate.

edit on 27-1-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
the way the object in the video behaved is not what a balloon would behave like, even a balloon extravagantly decorated with strings and lights all over it. the "lights" or "spheres" separated from the object and appeared to join together, and on the object itself they lit up very bright at different times and also moved around on the object itself. doesn't seem like a balloon.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

Thank you for finding that video as you've saved me the trouble having to search for it lol. The minute I saw the OP's video I had the exact same instinct. Hot Air Balloon with lighting. After viewing what you posted, it summed it up for me.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
well one way we can end this balloon vs UFO theory

is by finding the luminosity of the object
for candles we should have a universal standard luminosity for the common house candle
that object looks like its emitting much more light than a common house candle

we figure out the average number of candles on the standard Brazilian balloon with candles
and then measure that against what is shown in the video

my main concern is , candles don't normally emit green light , its normally yellow
I have never seen a common house candle emit green light in this fashion

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Is it me? Or is there nothing remotely safe about sending something like that into the air? Sure, it's lovely. But, it's a lovely disaster waiting to happen it seems. I would not feel good about releasing that at all.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

for candles we should have

Sorry I couldn't help it

I honestly don't think it's worth while putting too much effort into investigating it given the lack of information and the source , it is what it is , for some it's a UFO and for others it's another in a long line of hoaxes from that channel either way I don't see how either side can prove it one way or another , what we should be able to agree on is that it is highly unlikely to be Alien and so has a terrestrial origin.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

The green color is due to night vision I guess.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Why do we never get to see the original video? Do we need garbage music and text overlay to figure out what is going on? If the original tape inst available, then the conclusion must be its fake CGI bull#.

edit on 28-1-2014 by WonOunce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
->1.10 of the video , your chinese balloon seems to be perfectly still. We cant tell if it is moving towards some direction (as a whole), but the lights a)don't rotate b)keep their distance from each other.
until ->1.46 of the video the lights don't seem to move. The tail still forms a perfect straight line pointing at the still perfect circle which doesn't rotate.
Now that is weird. Because everything is perfectly still and in formation up to this point, whereas next we are gonna have them moving in many different ways - i guess your excuse would be until this point there was no wind. Ok,lets move on.

->2.25 of the video, the light sources-orbs that formed the tail/straight line seem to start dropping,all together+ at the same time. This can mean 2 things. 1) The tail lights were one (or more) separate flying objects, with their own control and flying system, that CHOSE to stay in "tail" formation earlier, and chose to break off at 2.25
2)the tail lights were some light sources eg candles/lanterns. But the fact that they all break off together mean that they were chain-connected between each other,from the most southern to the most northern, and the top one was tied with the "main" object (balloon?) and that tie broke. In every other occasion they wouldn't all fall off at the same time. So that would suggest a huge balloon carrying lanterns and candles and a tail of more lanterns attached to its base...Id like to see a video of that,if it exists.

->4.17 some time previous to that circle-formation objects start rotating counter clockwise

->4.49 of the video the lights are at a weird formation, half of them forming a half circle,the rest seem at "random" position. Now how is that? Why don't candles and lanterns have specific arrangement?
->5.00 of the video lights form (again) a perfect circle rotating counter clockwise
->5.08 of the video, one of the lights (the highest one at the circle formation) seems to emit MUCH more light than the other light sources (until 1-2 seconds ago where all light sources where equally bright)
->5.11 of the video 2-3 of the lights, that were next to each other in the circle formation (including the brightest one), break off formation and they MOVE down+left. Not simply down (aka falling). At the same time the REST of the lights retain their position and keep rotating counterclockwise.
->5.19+ the light sources that DIDN'T break from formation seem to, once again, form a perfect circle by "covering" the gap in the circle created by the 3 orbs that previously left the formation. (pause video EXACTLY at 5:24, seems the circle is perfect again)

So basically what you are saying is someone launched a HUGE balloon,big enough to support lanterns on its "rim" and tail.
While flying that balloon was perfectly still, no rotation, until it suddenly lost its tail. After a while the lanterns on its rim start rotating. Sometimes they "break" the perfect circle formation, sometimes they reform it somehow. Then it seems like one of these lanterns emits suddenly more light (eg something caught fire you would say) and THREE (not one) close orbs break off formation,while the rest don't. which would imply these 3 were some how connected,and once a "link" broke,they broke off all together,similar to the tail...
Now the tail i can understand,3 lanterns being chain-linked to the top, but on the rim i can't. But lets move on.
The remaining lights seem to cover the distance and attempt to form (again) perfect circle (5.19+) while still rotating. Which would imply that...there isn't a HUGE balloon in the middle holding them all together? because if there cause, the individual lights would have static positions. So what i'm basically asking is:
A) How does your huge balloon theory explains that 3 of the orbs that surrounded the balloon were cut off together (5.11 of the video)? the youtube video posted NEVER shows a string connection that would explain that.
B)when those orbs were cut off from the balloon why didn't we notice some sign of instability or turbulence on the rest of the orbs movement,due to less weight attached to the balloon->center of mass changes-> center of balance changes . Why did they keep rotating as if nothing happened?
C)How did the remaining orbs form perfect circle again (5.24)?

I seriously doubt "jmhz71" was the guy who filmed it,so don't associate the video with the uploader's credibility.
Judge the video for what it is.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chester1908

It´s clear you need to learn a lot about hot air balloons with candles very popular in Latin America.
First of all this footage is an awful recording, very unstable and out of focus therefore it is not clear
how the big balloon is moving, don´t get confused.

There is no doubt this is just another Hot Air Balloon with candles around and a string of three candles
hanging as an ornament, these kind of balloons are very common in festivities, take a trip around
Brazil or Mexico and you will see for yourself. Now to the description of this crap.

The hot air balloon has a big flame at the center and several burning candles around. Additionally
has a string of 3 burning candles hanging ( wich this moron claims are UFO spheres being released ).
Once the balloon reached certain altitude the string of burning candles detaches from the big balloon
falling slowly, watch the video and see what I mean. This is importante because this moron jmhz71
said that this was a UFO releasing spheres wich is not what the footage shows. Then the big balloon´s
flame extinguishes at certain altitude and only the candles around remain, watch the video.

I have seen these balloons many times and this video is one of them, nothing special or extraterrestial
here, just a hoax by this moron jmhz71 who thinks people are as dumb as he is. Check this image and
learn about this kind of hot air balloons.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Wookiep

There is no earthly explanation I can bring to the table on this one. It seems like we have had an uptick in "UFO" (unidentified flying objects) activity this month! We've also had more rumors than usual about a coming financial meltdown looming. I wonder why?? If I were to go way out on a conspiracy limb, I would say they both might be related somehow..

edit on 27-1-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Well... I think the evidence is clear on this one being an elaborate balloon, so I regretfully retract my statement.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
At first glance I would say you've found something worth while. S&F

Edit: so much for first glances, hoax it is
edit on 28-1-2014 by solongandgoodnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't know what it is but my gut feeling screams Man Made and nothing notable special or out of the ordinary. The Formation isn't clean. It's kind of all just jumbled together and the movements are ones that can be reproduced easily. There's clearly words being used like 'dropping' which is an action that things that are man made can do (don't laugh lol) and there's clearly some kind of rope or tether hanging.

I'm sorry but real UFOs behave bizarrely and erratically in ways that you cannot reproduce using man made items.
edit on 1/28/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join