It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Stupid: Alaskan Laws!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

In 1983, the Romneys embarked on a 12-hour drive from Massachusetts to Canada. Since there wasn't enough room in the car for the family dog, Seamus, Romney put the Irish Setter in a crate fastened to the roof of the car. Though Romney has said Seamus loved roof rides, during this particular trip the dog suffered a bout of diarrhea that forced Romney to pull over and hose off the car.

m.huffpost.com...

Not one of Mitt's brightest ideas

That came out during his presidential run
edit on 25-1-2014 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

I forgot all about the fishing line trick. Just bounce the quarter a few extra times and you'd get a soda and change. Used to love that one.

I love the "Dumb Laws" that are still on the books for whatever reason. Makes us wonder what happened to get them passed in the first place.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of the listings here really are illegal--and a great many are not. With no references to the exact law in question, you have to take these "citations" on faith.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

I know, right?! I still have yet to wax my board.

Maybe we should make a law that its illegal for the weather to effect recreational activities for Alaskans during winter.

Damn you weather!!! *Shakes Fists*

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Actually your wrong, maybe but one are not in law. If you research the expert in strange laws attorney that I mentioned you'll get the answers, not by faith.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

AK907ICECOLD

I know, right?! I still have yet to wax my board.

Maybe we should make a law that its illegal for the weather to effect recreational activities for Alaskans during winter.

Damn you weather!!! *Shakes Fists*

As I'm sure you're aware....

Epic conditions being reported!

I'm on my way to go find out...

So incredibly stoked.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Interesting these laws, I have to wonder if the legislators wrote the intent of these laws anywhere? Probably not, but when the intent is written it really adds clarity for judges making decisions.

Our city (on an island somewhere in SE) has to make a new law or two at every council meeting, this frustrates me to no end. They actually made selling or giving away fireworks away illegal, then the mayor buys fireworks for his grandson. One example of many stupid laws they have passed!

Fun post thanks!

*The reason they made the fireworks law, was a person the city has issues with would take individuals orders and combine them to make a big order each year, a personal attack. ):

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I bit off topic. Yes on my drive two days ago through the Turnigain Pass I stopped at the Pass to go riding for a few hours before going home. It was fun, except the 100% flat light. I ate it every 30-40 feet because I couldn't see crap. But it was better than video games and sitting on the ass.

Fun nonetheless.

Thanks for the info. I'm on it too!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

AlaskanDad
Interesting these laws, I have to wonder if the legislators wrote the intent of these laws anywhere? Probably not, but when the intent is written it really adds clarity for judges making decisions.

Our city (on an island somewhere in SE) has to make a new law or two at every council meeting, this frustrates me to no end. They actually made selling or giving away fireworks away illegal, then the mayor buys fireworks for his grandson. One example of many stupid laws they have passed!

Fun post thanks!

*The reason they made the fireworks law, was a person the city has issues with would take individuals orders and combine them to make a big order each year, a personal attack. ):

You didn't vote for him did you?

I haven't bought from Gorilla Fireworks in years due to lack of funds, but have many friends and family donate some to me.
Did I just admit to illegal activity.....?

I usually light the string/wick my Girlfriend carries with her 24/7, and trust me when I say that I see fireworks more than enough through the years.

Thanks for the reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join