It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

scientist says noah's ark made up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Simple logic proves the flood and the story attached to it is a myth...

theres really no need to prove anything

edit on 24-1-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I don't think so....

simple logic how exactly?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Grimpachi

We know the Jewish community is and has always been very good history keepers....

I guess that means you agree with the record left by those record keepers or are you trying to have it both ways?

I always try to have it both ways....wait.....that didn't come out right!!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The further back in the Bible you go, the less likely it is that the events written down happened exactly as written. However, there are people and places that we do know existed, things we do know happened. So, it's a matter of trying to separate the fragments of truth out of legends and figuring out what's allegory and what's not.

But then, this is why I don't go in for literal interpretation.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

I've always assumed this was the case because of all the different flood stories in different cultures. I always thought the reason for embellishment was for memorization purposes. People are likely to remember something if it is exaggerated. Of course, I realize some people take it more literally and that's fine too. Who am I to say what's real. I wasn't there.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

Akragon

I don't think so....

read this...

ncse.com...

OR just read the story in the bible... its pretty obvious

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Akragon

UxoriousMagnus

Akragon

I don't think so....

read this...

ncse.com...

I am trying to be civil here....but are you serious?

This is a little embarrassing it is so child like in how it views God. I am not trying to "convert" anyone here but this is just silly....the view this site has of Gods abilities or lack thereof. Just silly and I am flushed with embarrassment. Not for you but for that site.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

Akragon

UxoriousMagnus

Akragon

I don't think so....

read this...

ncse.com...

This is a little embarrassing it is so child like in how it views God. I am not trying to "convert" anyone here but this is just silly....the view this site has of Gods abilities or lack thereof. Just silly and I am flushed with embarrassment. Not for you but for that site.

Feel free to point out the issues of that link...

What is actually embarrassing is that people can't see the flaws in the "good book"... it has nothing to do with "Gods powers" or abilities simply because the bible wasn't written by God...

It is not the work of any God... it is the work of men... written by men and subject to the same flaws as man...

Its embarrassing to our species as a whole that there are still people who believe in the myths and legends of that book 2k years later...

but again, believe whatever you like

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

Awhile ago they claimed to have found Noah's ark on Mount Ararat. Did anyone ever climb this mountain to find out what this thing really was? Here's a photo showing where it supposedly rested.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

taoistguy
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

you are pulling my leg.
haha. very funny.

typical response

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

The Turkish government has not let anyone up there to look into it.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

When there is a secular source that contradicts the Biblical account of something, then I will always side with the Bible. 2 Timothy 3:16 says that "All Scripture is God-breathed", so my choice is... do I believe the Holy Spirit, who inspired all Biblical scripture, or do I believe some secular scientist of the same community who claims that my great^1,000,000 grandfather was a monkey? To me the choice is obvious.

Classic case of circular logic. Just becaue the bible says the bible is true doesn't make it true.

It's only circular logic to a non-believer. To me, a believer, there is an entry point to the logic and that entry point is faith.

You would say that the following verse is a circular argument, but there is a clear entry point and that is faith.

Romans 10:17

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
A cataclysmic flood in the region probably did happen. For all intents and purposes to the people living in the area would have considered it to be a world wide flood because from their perspective it impacted every civilization near and far living in the region. The Ark part of the tale comes into play simply to explain how all the animals didn't die out in the "global" flood that was actually just a regional flood. Because animals and people doing what they naturally do would eventually start moving back into the region after a few years. It would not even be all that far fetched that all the people living in that region were killed; and the next wave of people after having discovered the remains of their civilization started to believe that they had to be descendants of the Ark builder because they clearly survived.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

Akragon

UxoriousMagnus

Akragon

I don't think so....

read this...

ncse.com...

Where'd ya go man??

I thought you were utterly embarrassed by that link...

I've found a few issues with it as well, but nothing embarrassing as you put it...

I'd put money on it that you didn't even bother to read it... if it was so embarrassing why don't you explain your issues with the article instead of just dismissing something you likely didn't even read

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Akragon

UxoriousMagnus

Akragon

UxoriousMagnus

Akragon

I don't think so....

read this...

ncse.com...

Where'd ya go man??

I've found a few issues with it as well, but nothing embarrassing as you put it...

I'd put money on it that you didn't even bother to read it... if it was so embarrassing why don't you explain your issues with the article instead of just dismissing something you likely didn't even read

where did I go? What do you want a fight? I am trying to make dinner and get the kids to do their homework and finish up my work day and get ready for the weekend which consists of a birthday party work on the......

how much do I need to explain?

I read the first few paragraphs of the site and needed to read no further. It was like a 3 year old child trying to tell an adult about fractional reserve banking.....just not even a clue what they are talking about. Don't even know what words to use to sound intelligent.

Anyway.....going to go do more important things....

thanks for chatting

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The ship model capsizing is not necessarily proof... modeling of all sorts still has limitations.

Perhaps the modelers didn't take into account the writhing squirming pooping and screwing creatures themselves... great and small ( ie : ballast ).

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

Akragon

UxoriousMagnus

Akragon

UxoriousMagnus

Akragon

I don't think so....

read this...

ncse.com...

Where'd ya go man??

where did I go? What do you want a fight? I am trying to make dinner and get the kids to do their homework and finish up my work day and get ready for the weekend which consists of a birthday party work on the......

I read the first few paragraphs of the site and needed to read no further. It was like a 3 year old child trying to tell an adult about fractional reserve banking.....just not even a clue what they are talking about. Don't even know what words to use to sound intelligent.

thanks for chatting

Why would I want a fight?

What... you can't have a rational discussion about the contents of that link without turning it into a battle?

You won't last long around here if that's the case...

Look i'll even give ya a head start....

In the first place, the analogy with the Seven Wonders does not hold. Only one, the Great Pyramid of Cheops, comes within two thousand years of Noah's day, and it is really the only one whose construction could conceivably approach the level of sophistication of the ark. But the Great Pyramid did not spring de novo from the desert sands; rather, it was the culmination of over a century of architectural evolution, beginning when the "experimenting genius," Imhotep, inspired by the ziggurats of Babylon, built the Step Pyramid around 2680 BC, passing through some intermediate step pyramids to the Bent Pyramid of Snofru, then the first true pyramid, and finally the masterpiece at Cheop (Stewart, pp. 35-39).
On the other hand, in an era when hollowed-out logs and reed rafts were the extent of marine transport, a vessel so massive appeared that the likes of it would not be seen again until the mid-nineteenth century AD. Before he could even contemplate such a project, Noah would have needed a thorough education in naval architecture and in fields that would not arise for thousands of years such as physics, calculus, mechanics, and structural analysis. There was no shipbuilding tradition behind him, no experienced craftspeople to offer advice. Where did he learn the framing procedure for such a Brobdingnagian structure? How could he anticipate the effects of roll, pitch, yaw, and slamming in a rough sea? How did he solve the differential equations for bending moment, torque, and shear stress?

really sounds like this guy is clueless doesn't it...

Perhaps you might explain the issues with this simple paragraph... clearly you are an expert in this area

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So the Noah:s ark cannot be a miss interpreted story about a Annunaki seed ship that have become retold to many times and lost it's meaning?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Bazart
reply to post by Akragon

The ship model capsizing is not necessarily proof... modeling of all sorts still has limitations.

Perhaps the modelers didn't take into account the writhing squirming pooping and screwing creatures themselves... great and small ( ie : ballast ).

That is quite possible actually... I can't seem to find the video anyways....

but the point these people were trying to make is that the dimensions of the ark as its described in the book make the boat rather "unsea-worthy"... unless the water was literally glass like calm it would have either rolled over... flooded... snapped in half, or just sunk outright... With the shear amount of water that was coming down in the story... enough to cover the entire planet, there would be no way it would be calm sailing... there would be monsterous waves coming from every direction... not to mention rogue waves also coming from every direction... the entire story is nonsense

The issues with all the animals are an entirely different problem...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Of course you don't see it as circular logic, if you did you'd see that your beliefs and blind faith don't make any sense and are fallacious. You can't have that, you may start to question your beliefs and we all know what happens to those who question, they get struck off the entry list to heaven and get put on another list that leads to eternal suffering.

God welcomes an open mind, that's why Jesus said seek and you will find. Being hell bent on keeping one belief your entire life is not seeking, that is setting up camp with smores and hot chocolate. Guess what, if you stay in one spot too long predators will find you and make a lunch out of you.

"Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water." -Bruce Lee

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Akragon

UxoriousMagnus

Akragon

UxoriousMagnus

Akragon

UxoriousMagnus

Akragon

I don't think so....

read this...

ncse.com...

Where'd ya go man??

thanks for chatting

Why would I want a fight?

What... you can't have a rational discussion about the contents of that link without turning it into a battle?

You won't last long around here if that's the case...

Look i'll even give ya a head start....

In the first place, the analogy with the Seven Wonders does not hold. Only one, the Great Pyramid of Cheops, comes within two thousand years of Noah's day, and it is really the only one whose construction could conceivably approach the level of sophistication of the ark. But the Great Pyramid did not spring de novo from the desert sands; rather, it was the culmination of over a century of architectural evolution, beginning when the "experimenting genius," Imhotep, inspired by the ziggurats of Babylon, built the Step Pyramid around 2680 BC, passing through some intermediate step pyramids to the Bent Pyramid of Snofru, then the first true pyramid, and finally the masterpiece at Cheop (Stewart, pp. 35-39).
On the other hand, in an era when hollowed-out logs and reed rafts were the extent of marine transport, a vessel so massive appeared that the likes of it would not be seen again until the mid-nineteenth century AD. Before he could even contemplate such a project, Noah would have needed a thorough education in naval architecture and in fields that would not arise for thousands of years such as physics, calculus, mechanics, and structural analysis. There was no shipbuilding tradition behind him, no experienced craftspeople to offer advice. Where did he learn the framing procedure for such a Brobdingnagian structure? How could he anticipate the effects of roll, pitch, yaw, and slamming in a rough sea? How did he solve the differential equations for bending moment, torque, and shear stress?

really sounds like this guy is clueless doesn't it...

Perhaps you might explain the issues with this simple paragraph... clearly you are an expert in this area

ok...kids are fed and in bed now...so ......

I am not an expert in much but funny as it may be....I happen to be an expert in architecture and engineering as I hold a degree in these very things from Boston Architectural. And, yes the author is quite cursory and child like in his/her attempt at bringing in engineering accomplishments such as the pyramids into this subject matter.

More importantly is the cursory and child like attempt to express the power of God and his abilities as framed by what man could do on their own.

To say that Noah couldn't build the Ark because people were floating around in reed boats even during the Egyptian times of the pyramids has nothing to do with anything. If you can't see that this is not even an argument then I don't know what else to say.

I am not telling you that there is a God or to believe in one but if the argument is that Noah couldn't build that Ark because of other men's accomplishments at a later date....well...that just doesn't hold water. Because if he did exist and did build it...then it was to specs that God himself gave him and has nothing to do with the Egyptians that came much later on.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join