It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gmail Down...anyone else?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Vasa Croe
And now I am back up again...wonder what the issue was.

HMmm im not. Must be servers in different locales.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Mine is back up now.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

12m8keall2c
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

yep. keeps switching between two different 'error codes'

Numeric Code: 151 & 83

Isn't 83 a game error code?

link   
I can check email but it says i have no access to contacts. I don't use their messenger or any of those other 'features' so its not really an issue to me.
edit on 24-1-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

link   
Mine went down, it's back up but it says there are no virus filters working so download attachments and open emails at your own risk.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynk3

Be careful.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Mine's back up as well, but somethings different. The look of it. And my profile picture is gone. Probably just done an update.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Getting the same message on mine as everyone else...no contacts available and the only functions available are send and receive email with no filters or anything else working.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

yes, I live in Southern IL and mine is down too?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

This is it.

Be careful. Next thing you know they'll be bang, bang, knocking down your door.

edit - you have, (had at the time of this post), 911 flags. spooky #.
edit on 24-1-2014 by justreleased because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
And back down again....c'mon Google! Hope it isn't a lasting outage. I can't imagine this was an upgrade that just brought them down. They have multiple redundancies so this type of thing doesn't happen...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
First news on it to hit...

Gmail Down

Update: Many users are now reporting that Gmail service at least is back, though recurring outages and slowness are also being reported. At this stage it appears that some have service restored while others remain completely unable to connect.

Gmail is currently experiencing what appears to be a widespread outage, with reports coming in from Europe, the U.S., Canada, India and beyond that Google’s email service is down. We’re still seeing a green light (update: now showing red as of around 2:20 ET) on the App Status dashboard, but are trying to find out more about the problem.

The error being seen by most users at the moment is a (500) code problem, which pretty much just indicates that it’s a temporary problem and doesn’t give a clue as to cause. Judging by the response on Twitter, however, the problem is currently affecting a huge number of users. Google+ is also down, although you’d be forgiven for not having noticed that sooner.

The Google+ outage also affects YouTube comments under the new system, which means those aren’t loading at all on videos, as well as Hangouts across the web and mobile. Users attempting to access Gmail via external clients using either POP or IMAP protocols also aren’t able to get through to their inboxes. Repeated calls to Google’s press line failed to go through, and we’ve emailed their press account for more info but there’s a very good reason to suspect they might not be reading that (see entire article above).

As an added bonus, note that Google’s Site Reliability Engineering team, which makes sure Google services stay up, was doing an AMA on Reddit exactly when this happened. That’ll show you to take a breather guys.

edit on 1/24/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Err hehe...a Amway add came up on mine.....then Capoot!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Thanks.I was starting to take it personal.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
was ok about a hour ago getting this now

Gmail is temporarily unable to access your Contacts. You may experience issues while this persists. Learn more

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Whoa....now Google search engine is going out...can't say I have seen that happen before....

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

DarthMuerte
You actually use Gmail? Why not just give Google and the NSA the keys to your house while you are at it?

They already have them bro.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Search works fast here..mail is slow but working

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Spurting coffee again

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How come ALGOS don't flash crash $GOOG? Now would be a good time!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join