It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge thing is moving over Oxfordshire

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Turns out asking people in Swindon wasn't going to happen, this is its trajectory, first two images are facing EAST, last one NORTH. It must've flown over the RAF base. They know something about it. From my initial vantage point, there was no way to tell if it had "risen" from the base, the way the hills are and stuff round here, but my best judgement is that it didn't. We have a primary helicopter base here, and when they're out, you hear them. I didn't hear any whatsoever tonight. And, yes, with that RAF base so close by, like many here, it's not hard to identify certain types of aircraft... this was not one I recognize by any means.

*maps removed*
edit on 22-1-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
its the fact you say you saw this and kept driving and coudn,t capture it,sorry i saw this i could be strapped to a chair,upside down on a roller coaster,100 ft under water i wouldn,t care i would be still trying to capture a vid or pic,the fact you were driving and didn,t pull straight over to capture it makes me very suspisous.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
PS bit scared tbh. :| i dont want to be abducted!! I can't tell if the neighbor is banging at a strange hour or they're still about.... lol

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Last thing I'll say is this, it didn't feel particularly "alien" as an experience, the lights, like I say, looked human style, it wasn't doing marvelous things in that fashion. It was the shape and the silence (or lack of any engine sounds) that made it weird. My car didn't splutter and die, but it wasn't as low as some reports.

It almost could have been en route to Brize Norton but it did not seem it, perhaps Fairford's direction. If it was a cargo/military plane, presumably the gent who said he looked out in the area would've heard a landing perhaps, at around 12.45-1am? Or did anyone hear a landing at Fairford.

And it's quite alright to not believe me and to want video of it
I just hoped that by getting in quickly, someone else would be alerted and spot it. I'll just keep an eye out and see if I can verify it somehow and let you know.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
If I saw something that would change life on Earth instantly, id take a photo.

Not just so i can show people, but so i can look at it for the rest of my life and ponder.

Anyone who claims to see something to slow and large in the sky that is out of this world yet makes excuses as to why they didnt take a photo.. sounds like they are telling porky pies!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I believe you OP. You saw something and can't explain it. Has happened to thousands so glad you could share. When I saw a strange star looking light a couple of years ago (but too close to be a star and moving like no star or even helicopter would) I didn't grab my iPhone (wasn't my priority - wasn't thinking about a pic). People don't know what it would be like until there. Number one - your not sure what your seeing. It takes a few to wrap your head around it. Then you just stare - it could disappear at any time and the mind is constantly trying to reason that what your seeing will be explained at any moment.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

correction, not everyone does. I dont have a cell. Dont want one and dont need one........ although i do have a camera on me always~ hehe

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Very true dianec, thanks! It's good to know that, and that you and others do understand there is some credence to this sort of thing without any video/photographic nature.

I too have seen fast-walkers in the past and "dancing star" as some people call it. That's what I had hoped to see tonight. But have always hoped for something more along the American lines, like big triangles flying over and stuff, but never assumed a sighting of that type would occur. I was out with the mindset of looking at the things that move amongst the stars, not that move over the ground. I thought it was just helicopter or plane for the most part, although its front lights caught my attention from the outset as being different to helicopter lights or even most plane lights, planes don't usually have 4 headlights as far as I'm aware.

But yeah, I assured myself it wasn't UFO until it passed me overhead, and that was the kicker. It was odd for the duration, but it was seeing its shape for a few brief moments that made me think, I'm watching a UFO right now, that ATS will LOVE! And then I reach for my phone and it's already passed and gone behind a tree line...

I don't know. The co-incidences of this tonight are crazy, the compact nature of the time is weird - I've been indoors all day, and decided to pop out and in that 20 minute period this thing happens... and still no-one else has said they saw anything, here, facebook, google search... I'm happy to be on my own, at least I got something I wanted, lol, now seen a proper government tech kind of triangle-y american style silent UFO!!!

But as I say, I hope it comes to light and is exposed as something mundane. But until then...one can only keep on wondering

This is going to make me wonder a LOT now. Thanks for your support!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

xavi1000
reply to post by markymint

Instead of filming it , you open a thread here on ATS

because as always, it's BULL POO

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
messag for the op...why do you think the other driver on the road didn't see it?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Bottom line. It was a plane. You said it had blinking lights. Blinking lights on a plane are for safety so other things in the sky or towers can see them. Why would an alien ship mimic such safety features? Don't you think the advanced technology that allowed distant space travel would be able to more closely mirror (and arguably far exceed) the stealth capabilities of aircraft humans can build? People need to spend more than five seconds analyzing their experiences before jumping to wild assumptions.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Is that the criteria? Don't start a thread without video or pictures? There was a time at ATS where we just talked, shared some ideas. That was 2008. Not very long ago...

ANYHOO. Yes, the van. He was the only other car I saw during the experience. He would've seen the back lights on it, or the two wing lights, or what not. It probably just looked like a plane to him moving a little slower than normal, perhaps, I don't know. White van man, probably not looking at the sky...

I saw it from the front, then underneath, then from behind. If I had just seen it from behind, I probably would've thought "plane" and nothing of it either. HOWEVER. He may well have seen it, I didn't quite see which road he came off but if he was on the bypass, he should have had direct and clear sight of it for a good minute.

How do we, or I know, if he did, he wasn't freaked out, and just wanted to get to wherever he was going? Maybe he didn't see it. Maybe he did and didn't care. The roads were very quiet. The sky had no planes, that I noticed. The RAF base was quiet tonight (no helicopters). Man.... like I say, I am not the best witness for this, it deserves good witnesses who can come up with a conventional explanation, not me, I'm happy to think its aliens, I was bloody waving at it and whooping with joy the more surreal it got
I like my alien experiences so far!

I'm actually trying to get a little more happier about seeing them, trying to not be scared. There's a niggle there saying this was to help me be less scared when they get closer, cos before I've only seen strange things at really high altitude. But yeah, it could just be military tech - if so - someone else MUST have seen it.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Look OP.

You are on the worlds top conspiracy site. You know we are skeptics and our rules are pretty simple when it comes to stuff like this.

Take a photo. Or go home and kick yourself forever for being out without a camera.

What you DO NOT DO. Is come on here and treat us like a bunch of drunks in a pub you are telling stories to.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Thanks for the name of what I saw! Now I can google it - after all this time. Dancing star. Appreciated. By the way - I looked up your area and something was seen in August so maybe it is similar to that? Look on UFO sites to see if anyone has reported for tonight - give it a bit of time.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

I've tested my phone camera in the dark, it doesn't do very well. I'd rather bring an account for people to judge than a photo/video to judge, at least until I have some proper night vision equipment.

Also folks need to understand UFO's aren't necessarily out for the photo ops. Sometimes they just want people to enjoy them, without scrambling to create evidence, which will just lead to much flak on the world's top conspiracy site, I am SURE of that.

All my true-FO sightings have been on strange cues, with strange circumstances. That's just how they occur. Both of those are not great opportunities for capturing them. I just hoped I could get the word out in time for someone else to look out and spot it, but clearly that didn't happen, unfortunately.

I'll remember in the future - UFO sighting in progress, do not go to ATS about it.

The least I can do now is setup some cameras here in case the MIB come knocking...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just wanted to say all you people bashing his credibility because of what he was doing out there (I.e. the object that had finished) and saying he was "tripping out" because of it are misinformed fools as that particular substance does not cause visual anomalies (hallucinations). His choice of recreation will have zero baring on his credibility.

Is he telling the truth?

Only he knows. Certainly none of you know and you certainly should not presume otherwise.

OP: try reporting your experience to Peter Davenport at the national UFO reporting center (NUFORC), not sure if they accept international reports or just US based encounters.

By the by I really hope you aren't trolling.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

skuly
Get a camera now and take a photo before its gone or no one going to
believe you.

Its going west so then anyone left of the red marker should see it a some point
unless it changes direction.
If its real and your not wasting our time that is.

edit on 22/1/2014 by skuly because: Why do i get the feeling someone had to much drinky

Thanks, you did a kind (and IMO clever) thing trying to spread the word there with some further info, so that someone else along the path it was going may have seen something. Thanks for taking my word for it. Until there's any other report, as many people may have just seen it as a plane, if I had seen it from any other angle, ie where I was five minutes previous, I would have assumed it to be a plane probably. So sadly in this case unless someone thought they saw an odd light configuration, or managed to see it from underneath - there may not be many other reports of it.

Realtime reports occur here every so often, I've seen a few - and it's great when people like yourself go with the flow. There's only going to be more realtime reports like this as time + technology goes on, I guarantee it. I just didn't make much use of it this time round...

But now I've seen it I've got to believe it. It can look like a plane at first, and perhaps any other time unless you're directly underneath it. Quite how I managed to get right underneath I have NO idea. There were only two points on that road a mile apart it might have intercepted overhead, and then just windy roads and hills for five more miles or so. It also just came out of the moonlight pretty much. I was enjoying how the moon suddenly fell above the road, and then to the side, the hell are those lights?

It didn't seem like a normal flight path to me, perhaps for a local helicopter but that's why I stopped, I wanted to be sure if it was a heli or not. Only if a chinook can fly sideways could it have been one. And they don't call those "belly poppers" for nothing
Didn't hear that at all.

I've just checked Notams, no special night flights listed there, no foreign planes doing their special surveillance thing (I forget the name of that operation) - in fact, its route took it alongside (but not inside) the local prohibited airspace.

P106 HARWELL
Prohibited
Surface to 2500ALT

Anyway, yeah, thanks for making a consideration there that it's not just BS, and spreading the word/investigation!

I haven't come here professing it's aliens or anything, because it looked as normal as anything could up to the shape (non aero-dynamic) and sound (none). Clearly I can't just ask if someone 'heard a plane' to the wide world and hope for a yes, but someone did look out at Brize Norton (thank you!!) and others elsewhere. And my friends who live nearby said they heard no low flying planes in the last half hour (when I first got in, about 10-15 mins after sighting).

But of course, I am still will seem pretty or very kooky, maybe a good writer, maybe a bad one... It will seem like I put no effort into this, no pics, video, no other witnesses, and that's understandably easy for an internet community to scrutinize. But I would never abuse my power to communicate a sighting here, I'd never report a heli, plane or chinese lantern if I had even the slightest inkling it was one. But people aren't going to know my personality or such and I don't expect them to. And my rambling probably doesn't help either....

But someone else somewhere is going to experience that thing or something similar at some point. When they do perhaps they'll think of this thread

Oh and yeah, heh, as someone mentioned earlier, yes, I wanted to do a proper Silbury nightwatch sometime, I'm still confident we can all enjoy a crop circle being made if we just watch over that field where one happens evverrryy year. By people or by aliens no matter, a bit of people power and we'll finally have our answer.

Sorry I couldn't offer more on this occasion, but this sighting, real, illusion, government, aliens... it's going to make things a lot more interesting for me and in turn that should make things more interesting for other believers as I carry out some of these crazy endeavours whereby I do actually have a camera to hand
Thanks for keeping the faith

That thing is out there!!!

PS. TY CagliostroTheGreat

edit on 22-1-2014 by markymint because: added PS

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Last post, I promise. Just a visual representation, in case someone else can relate to it.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
you say it made no sound. was there any other sounds? music? are you still having aural hallucinations?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join