It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing admits working on antigravity in Phamtom works division

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by crazyewok

No, it won't be OPERATIONAL until the 2020s. It'll be flying within a year to start testing.

Well if WW3 breaks out next week you may want to hurry that up abit haha

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

If it is possible that the LRS-B will have this mysterious propulsion system can wee see it on the first pictures of the concept or no real difference with a classic propulsion system ? , if its new it may have different inlet and exhaust ?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by darksidius

From what I heard it looks similar to a standard engine.
edit on 3/1/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Ok, from what we heard there is the USAF RFP for new bomber at the end of this year, do you think at this time we can see first pictures concept of this plane ? this Platform will be surely inovative to survive for décades, stealth technology, surely supersonic dash speed...., 2 or 4 engines ? do you think LRS-B will have some capacity in air to air for defense? a lot of questions but this program is realy the more exciting since the competition between YF-23 and YF-22

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

You think this is fun, Lockheed officially started work in their sixth gen fighter this week.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I would say it won't have more than two engines. If the over all cost has to stay $550m ish and these engines are as potent as advertised then I can't see the need for too many of them.
There are several concept images and US patent drawings of what it could look like, I think it will be just as much fun to see if the actual aircraft is anything like the concept art and how dissimilar or similar the two competitors will be.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

When you say "work" does that mean design stage or prototype?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

Yes.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

"Lockheed officially started work in their sixth gen fighter this week" Yes realy cool another program to follow great

LRS-B,, 6 th gen fighter,, may be a Balckbird Son,, Santa Claus hear me

edit on 1-3-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Sammamishman

I don't know for certain, but I'd put money on it.

Is there any current jets, not black aircraft that use there engines?

I thought they only wanted to use proven tech on the LRS-B that's why I'm asking.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

I know of a couple black projects that do, and I BELIEVE two white, but I think one only uses a portion of it.

And before you ask, no.
edit on 3/1/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Which o.. Haha

Thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I have a little question in mind, " why invest 1 billion in a new jet engine, if there is a new and efficient new propulsion in black ? is it possible to insert it in the futur 6th gen fighter ?

edit on 2-3-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Because said propulsion system won't work well with all aircraft. And is probably pretty expensive. So you develop multiple propulsion systems, so you have backups, and cheaper options.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Ok for what I understand the new black propulsion system is for a kind of Platform and not adjustable for all the shape, or Platform ?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It theoretically will work with a large number of them, but theoretical only gets you so far. Some just aren't designed to handle the stress of it as well as others.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I understand the Platform must be designed with the black propulsion system in mind surely in term of structure or shape. The futur Lockheed 6th gen fighter surely will be designed with a variable cycle engine in mind. A lot of possiblity exist for the futur LRS-B too.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Oh, I'm sure that future aircraft will be built with the new propulsion systems in mind from the start. Be they this one, or ADVENT/AETD.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Great years to come
It will do two inovative propulsion system for futur military aircraft.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I'll bet this is the worst of news for Russian and Chinese engine makers. They are already behind in engine tech and now this? Looks like they've got some more spying to do...

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join