It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may have cancer, and my insurance is killing me...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

spacedoubt
reply to post by Libertygal

if the discount card is through the manufacturer, I'm pretty sure you can also run it through your insurance as well!
This is not true with most pharmacy discount cards though...those can't be used in conjunction with insurance.

I will have to check into this, as I am not certain how this will work after I meet my deductible. The website says that it is one or the other with MOST plans, but to check with individual plans to be sure.

I know some sample boxes have coupons, and that was accepted with insurance, but the Synthroid was non-formulary, so it didn't matter.

I will have to see, though, if my pain clinic has coupons or offers that I may be able to use once the deductible is met. I will still have a co-pay once that happens. I know my doctor co-pay is %10, so right now, I am assuming the pharmacy is going to be the same. In the meantime, I am going to ask them to mail me my pharmacy benefits information, I have some studying to do!

The pharmacy plan, though part of my coverage, is a separate entity from my insurance company. I have not gotten anything from them this year, though I have been expecting it. I need to make some phone calls in the morning. Heheh.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Yep, it does take some research..But it's worth it considering some of the savings you can discover.
I think you mentioned a Health Savings account? Is it one that you cannot access until you have met your deductible?
That's one of the types I have...UNLESS you use it for vision, for some reason.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

nugget1

I am so sorry for what you are going through! Reading your story just makes me want to cry.
I fear yours' is just the first of many such stories that will come to light, and there is basically nothing we can do but feel helpless.
I have you ( and your family) in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you so much for your sweet thoughts and kind words.

I agree, and I am so upset, not just for me, myself, but for so many others that are going to find themselves in this position.

The middle class is destined the be the ones that are the most encompassed by this issue, with the bulk of what used to be disposable income, or even having to give up some things, to manage paying these high deductibles and premiums, not to mention the co-pays afterwards.

I felt very lucky to NOT be on the exchange, as my premiums are only a small portion of what some of those poor people are facing. I am not shocked in the least that people are not wanting or willing to sign up. Most of them probably cannot! And, for the ones that do, they dare not become ill.

I am frightened, I know in the end we will manage somehow, but I fear that many may not. We are not even close to the poverty level, but we are not considered "rich" by any stretch. We used to be comfortable, but now we are close to living paycheck to paycheck again. If prices for food and gasoline, which continue to be on the rise again, keeps going up, we are going to find ourselves in a really tight spot.

I don't see how people making less than us, but that do not qualify for subsidies, are going to make it. I just cannot fathom.

I think it will be a while until we see these stories for the most part, but I agree, we will be seeing them.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

spacedoubt

Yep, it does take some research..But it's worth it considering some of the savings you can discover.
I think you mentioned a Health Savings account? Is it one that you cannot access until you have met your deductible?
That's one of the types I have...UNLESS you use it for vision, for some reason.

No, the account we have is where my employer pays a portion, $1500.00, to my account, and then I make payments also. It will roll over any amount not used, to the next year. I make a payment every two weeks, of about $67.00 deposited into the account. It is also cost sharing with the employees.

After I meet the deductible, my co-payment goes to 10% in network, 20% in approved providers, and something like 80% out of network.

They gave both myself and my husband a debit card, with access to the $1500.00, to be used for doctor's visits or prescriptions. I was just not expecting to be using it yet, for prescription, so I was caught off guard. I was not aware my prescription benefits had changed, and were included in the deductible amount. I actually got no information about this, so I assumed it had not changed.

We were totally caught off guard at having to pay full retail for the prescription.

We have a separate Vision and Dental plan, none of which goes towards my deductible.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Well then, if it makes you feel any better. Your plan is a little better than mine!
I can't even touch my HSA until I meet my deductible. LOL

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

spacedoubt

Well then, if it makes you feel any better. Your plan is a little better than mine!
I can't even touch my HSA until I meet my deductible. LOL

Ouch. That's awful! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't access that money now, especially since I am contributing to it already. My first paycheck of the year had a payment deposited to it already. But, even the people at the benefits fair couldn't answer simple questions about the plan.

For instance, since it is pre-tax dollars I am depositing, am I going to somehow be taxed upon usage of the funds? No one had the answer, and even in the documentation, I cannotfind the answer. All I get is a shrug, and, "No? I don't think so?" Yes, as a question, not a real answer.

And please note, this is the second year this plan has been offerred, though I chose to stay with my HMO last year.

I had other questions they couldn't answer, but that is the only one I can remember off the top of my head.

Off to bed, got a 12 hour shift tonight.

Thanks again to everyone for the supportive comments, prayers, and suggestions. I appreciate every one!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Have you tried the MMS? i have the recepie straight from a scientist he gave it too me for a friend who had cancer..but she was too old and had tomany complications too try it... if you like i could post it. i know there are alot of fake ones out there.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Evergreens
Have you tried the MMS? i have the recepie straight from a scientist he gave it too me for a friend who had cancer..but she was too old and had tomany complications too try it... if you like i could post it. i know there are alot of fake ones out there.

Please do.
As I said, I do not have any difinitive answer yet, but others are reading the thread and may be interested, and, I don't know what tomorrow holds.

As I said, one can never have too much information!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You can get on the insurance exchange and get short term plans for like 6 months. The additional coverage may be what you need, and they are not as expensive as you would think, a coworker of mine just did this.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Okay What im gona do is im going too post the entire conversation i had with him.. And bits ive collected myself at the bottom.

"SFOD": waiting for approval
"Gulfie": awesome ...welcome
"SFOD": had to put some safe guards in place before registering
"SFOD": im ready when you are DB
"SFOD": maybe he is getting his thoughts together lol
"D.B.R.S.": why would people be mixing cayenne pepper
"D.B.R.S.": and maple with it?
"D.B.R.S.": and arent the effects of that salt and distilled water highly dehydrating?
"SFOD": \it is not a good idea to mix anything in with it as it will not form the proper chemical bonds
"D.B.R.S.": i know someone REALLY on their way out from 3 different kinds of cancer
"D.B.R.S.": if i give them this... and they die from it.
"SFOD": the glucon with in the maple would not allow the mixture to form Chlorine Dioxide in the proper molecular structure
"D.B.R.S.": and would they have to stop cancer treatment?
"D.B.R.S.": sorry to doubt you
"D.B.R.S.": im just "that guy" haha
"SFOD": what types and form of cancer are they suffering with?
"D.B.R.S.": if ima drink it myself i wanna do a little recon ya know?
"D.B.R.S.": holdon.
"D.B.R.S.": liver.is one
"D.B.R.S.": ummm and the doctors say they cant remove one because the other 2 would dominate? or something really complex
"D.B.R.S.": i can find out real quick if you let me make a call?
"luxe": hey, whats the subject - topic?
"SFOD": that would be good and ask if their medical doctor explained to them the mode of cell growth IE bone, tissue, etc....
"D.B.R.S.": pancriotic liver and stomache and complete liver failure
"luxe": thanks
"D.B.R.S.": not liver cancer tho
"D.B.R.S.": altho she is on dyalasis
"D.B.R.S.": if thats how u spell it
"SFOD": how long have them been diagnosed with it?
"D.B.R.S.": a long time i believe
"D.B.R.S.": shes a bag of bones

"D.B.R.S.": i dont directly really know her. ive met her a few times
"D.B.R.S.": as for the "buisness" they run
"SFOD": that is from her pancriatic cancer
"D.B.R.S.": they are kinda antisocial
"D.B.R.S.": but they improved my life and i want to return the favor
"D.B.R.S.": shes so close too being gone
"SFOD": where in the country does she reside?
"D.B.R.S.": washington statea
"D.B.R.S.": king county area
"D.B.R.S.": thank you for your time sfod.
"D.B.R.S.": i apriceate it
"D.B.R.S.": i hate tieng people's time up. especially now
"SFOD": first it will not affect her to try the chlorine dioxide treatment if she follows it to the letter, but there is another option which is called antineoplastine treatment
"SFOD": hold on I will give you a link
"D.B.R.S.": what are the effects of her doing the treatment and continueing her ,medacine
"D.B.R.S.": wich my instinct tells me is probably not... good for her
"SFOD": none if she pays attention to what her body is telling her
"D.B.R.S.": okay

"SFOD": nausea is the first sign she needs to look for
"SFOD": if she follows the regiment as instructed she will have no adverse affects
"SFOD": the nasuea will quickly follow the ingestion of the solution
"SFOD": within a few seconds
"SFOD": yes
"D.B.R.S.": will you hallucinate
"SFOD": as early in the morning as possible
"SFOD": no
"D.B.R.S.": if you kill me sfod -_-
"SFOD": it does not have a phsycotropic affect
"D.B.R.S.": ima comin for ya lol
"D.B.R.S.": ohhh geez/
"D.B.R.S.": will that occur everytime?
"SFOD": it is best to ingest on an empty stomach as the solution needs to combine and bond with the acids in your stomach in order to bond to your red blood cells
"SFOD": no the nausea is your bodies way of telling you it is out of resonance
"SFOD": you need to understand what the solution is doing in the body to understand its affects
"D.B.R.S.": i have sort of the same issue
"D.B.R.S.": with constant nasua. okay so its a different feeling of nasua
"D.B.R.S.": sorry im copy and pasting this
"D.B.R.S.": sorry if i state the obvious
"SFOD": you have to find your bodies proper resonance with the solution the only way to gage this is by the nausea that occurs do to the solution being out of tune with your bodies chemistry
"SFOD": you eat salt right?
"SFOD": you probably drink lemonaid right
"D.B.R.S.": i consume lots of both
"SFOD": exactly you are ingesting the same thing only you are not allowing the natural covalent bonds to form into the natural organic form of chlorine dioxide
"SFOD": you must wait the 3 minutes for the solution to form properly
"SFOD": and quickly ingest following that
"SFOD": it is important that you do not mix the solution with anything besides distilled water
"SFOD": it is bitter and salty it does not taste good but anything that is good for you rarely does
"SFOD": if the solution is working for you
"SFOD": you will notice a quick change in your energy level and you will feel like you are a bit high
"SFOD": like wide awake, very alert, etc...
"SFOD": you will also notice that you can breath easier then normal
"SFOD": this is because the solution reacts with your red blood cells and allows them to carry oxygen enriched blood throughout your body
"SFOD": cancer cells cannot grow or sustain themselves in an oxygen enriched environment they can on go through the process of mitosis if it is oxygen depleated
"SFOD": on only
"SFOD": DB your friend will want to watch this www.youtube.com... he is a good friend and fellow scientific researcher
"SFOD": have her watch it through and it will make all the sense in the world to her
"D.B.R.S.": i can only relay this information through a friend
"SFOD": well if you can get this info and video to her it will help her greatly
"D.B.R.S.": so its not true that distilling the water just concentrates and condeses the toxins already in it?
"SFOD": in any case she will understand the mode of her cancer development
"SFOD": no distilled water is devoid of anything besides H2O down to .09 ppm
"D.B.R.S.": and allows it to try and draw more toxins from the container its in. say metal?
"SFOD": and should be a PH of 6.2 to 6.8
"SFOD": you should never store distilled water in a metal container unless it is 316L SS
"D.B.R.S.": so it should only be stored in glass?
"D.B.R.S.": not plastic or metal?
"SFOD": plastic is fine the HDPE does not leach into distilled water
"SFOD": and again the only type of metal should be 316L SS
"SFOD": you can also distill your own if you have the know how
"D.B.R.S.": www.youtube.com... i just want to know if this video is bull#ting me is all... sorry continue i am questioning you too much and i apologize
"SFOD": I use double distilling methods to insure clean pure H2O
"D.B.R.S.": i wont doubt you from here on out

"D.B.R.S.": really im sorry.
"SFOD": no worries the only dumb question is the one not asked
"D.B.R.S.": i dont want to risk a life thats almost gone as it is you see.
"D.B.R.S.": they have connections lol
"D.B.R.S.": if i did something too the guys wife...
"D.B.R.S.": ya know.
"D.B.R.S.": id be in big big trouble haha
"D.B.R.S.": when i was basically working for them they kept tabs on me. just sayin. anyway lol
"D.B.R.S.": But! if what u say is true and i plan on trying ! god bless you sir. and anything u ask of me id be happy to do.
"D.B.R.S.": and i mean anything

"D.B.R.S.": exept any..weird # lol. just gotta say lol
"D.B.R.S.": -_-
"SFOD": that video you linked is very missleading in its statements
"SFOD": i would be asking what agenda they have
"D.B.R.S.": ive watched 20 or so of them so far. all of wich people are using cayenne and maple
"D.B.R.S.": but i will trust what u say
"SFOD": many of the statements she states in the video however correct are missleading in as much as it depends on the vessels in which are used in the process
"D.B.R.S.": understood

"SFOD": she makes wide scope statements that have no real basis in scientific fact when put up against stringent protocols
"SFOD": I do not purchase my distilled water from a bottling company
"SFOD": I steam capture my distilled water with a high quality distiller
"D.B.R.S.": it makes sense if people were figuring out how to get healthy that they would try and stop it and create a hox
"D.B.R.S.": im aware of how the #ers operate. seen it and sensed it since i can remember.
"SFOD": www.nutriteam.com... this is the distiller that i use as it uses high quality 316L SS Surgical grade
"D.B.R.S.": thank you
"SFOD": for the capture you simply would use a glass that you have steamed in a pan of water to 185F and above
"SFOD": this will ensure that any airborne containments are free from its surface
"SFOD": there is a proceedure to this process if followed it works if not well than it is on the person themselves not the solution
"SFOD": like anything the body takes in it needs to be in its proper form otherwise the body will reject it
"D.B.R.S.": so again the proper mixture is 6. and keep adding. until u feel nausia again? then reduce
"SFOD": for the proper time to wait for the solution to form the proper bond use and egg timmer
"SFOD": start with six drops if you feel nausea at six you can cut down one drop at that point until you do not feel nausea
"SFOD": the number of drops directly equates to how toxic your system is
"D.B.R.S.": ty

"SFOD": but, and I repeat, but never ever go over the 1 Tsp of organic sea salt
"D.B.R.S.": okay and the proper procedure to keeping it contaminate free. is there a link or are you going to list the steps
"SFOD": it also helps if you get yourself a small scale from your pharmacy to make sure you are using the proper amount of sea salt this is not needed, but does help to assure proper bonding
"SFOD": just boil whatever will come into contact with the substaince as long as you do not touch the sunstance with your barehands it will be fine it is not that critical
"SFOD": substance
"SFOD": sry my fingers do not work as fast as my brain will allow them to lol
"SFOD": i have stupid fingers
"D.B.R.S.": i have read ^^
"D.B.R.S.": me too sometimes. but i spell badly to begin with lol
"SFOD": if i would learn to slow down my thought paterns i would be fine but words get mixed up in too other words because my mind is thinking and my fingers are trying to keep up I really have to work on that but in real time it really shows
"SFOD": most of the time you will notice that if a slip a letter into the word before it, it is ment for the word after it lol
"SFOD": or the second or third lol
"D.B.R.S.": i do that when i speak lol

WARNING: Certain Nutrients Can Neutralize This Treatment

This protocol should NOT be used with: multi-vitamin supplements, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium, immune builders, or any other supplement which contains anti-oxidants. Antioxidants can neutralize the effectiveness of this treatment!!

WARNING: Do NOT Use This Treatment With Prescription Drugs

The DMSO in this treatment may enhance the effectiveness of prescription drugs, thus the cancer patient may effectively overdose on their prescription drugs. Use this treatment with prescription drugs with caution and close observation.

The main reason for researching this treatment is that it is very, very inexpensive. Many people who have had extensive orthodox cancer treatments have virtually no money for alternative cancer treatments. Thus, inexpensive, yet highly effective, cancer treatments need to be developed.

But there is a second reason for researching this protocol which is even more important. Some of the "alternative cancer treatments" which are commonly used do not actually "cure" cancer. What they do is supercharge the body with nutrients. Doing this keeps the patient alive, which is fantastic, but the treatment may not "cure" the cancer. For example, these treatments energize the cancer cells which in turn largely negates their damaging affect on the human body.

While it is absolutely critical to keep the patient alive, eventually the cancer cells must be removed. That is what this article is all about - gently, safely and quickly reverting cancer cells into normal cells!!

A work of warning. READ every word on the label of any apple juice or grape juice you buy. Make sure it does not have any ADDED Vitamin C (i.e. any added "ascorbic acid").

This gets complicated, so pay close attention. ALL apple juice and purple grape juice have vitamin C naturally. Thus, if you look at the list of vitamins on the label it will probably list vitamin C. That is fine if vitamin C is listed in the vitamins. HOWEVER, it is NOT FINE if vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is ADDED as a preservative!!

Thus, you MUST MAKE SURE that all vitamin C in the drink is naturally in the juice, and that NO Vitamin C (i.e. ascorbic acid) has been ADDED to the juice.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sorry i was very drunk when i spoke too him.. lol i used to be a alchy

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Evergreens

Thank you SO much for posting that video about that doctor, I remember that doctor, and participated in a thread about him. I even said to myself, "If I ever get cancer, this is who I want to see."

I remember the FDA going after him, and taking him to court, I think it was 7 times, before he finaly went before congress and begged them to get them to leave him alone. He won, but they stole his patents, which is what they wanted, afterall.

What a shame that the FDA and big pharma wins out over taking care of, and actually curing people. That whole saga was disgusting.

Thanks again for reminding me of him. I may need to see if he is still in Texas...

edit on 24-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

i trust what he has too say over MMS though... Ive listened too him talk for hours about the kind of work hes done.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Right now you have to concentrate on seeing whatever doctors you need to see, get treatment and take care of yourself and start healing. No one can refuse you treatment. Whatever bills arn't covered, just pay what you can. By law there is nothing they can do. Even if you payed a buck or two. They can't get blood from a stone!

I have been through cancer and the traditional treatments and survived. If you have any questions or I can help in any way, please let me know and I will be here for you.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.

I am off today, to my first gyn appointment, to see what tests he wants to try to force me to take.

I don't wish to be argumentative, but my doctor said no more scans, and the nurse already said he will want another scan.

I will just have to see how it goes.

Not looking forward to this. Sigh.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well, just got back from the doctors' office. It went as well as I could hope, and more.

His nurse was a sweet lady, she was kind and gentle, non-obtrusive. She asked a few questions, had me finish some paperwork that the forms had been incompatible with my phone, then took me into the doctors' actual formal office. I was grateful for this. I was comfortable, and we talked.

He was a gentleman, polite, he listened. He shook my hand, and when he asked questions, he actually listened to my answers. He took notes on his computer, but he stopped and talked to me as well. You could tell he was concentrating on me as a patient, and not a paycheck. He was concerned, but not overly so.

He said he was not overly concerned that it was cancer. He said he would be a fool to not consider it, but, that chances were pretty low.

Whether or not he was just trying to make me feel better, it worked. I did feel better. He said he does want to do surgery, however, based on how bad my pain is, and how long it has been going on. Also, because of the problems, he wanted to do an exam and a biopsy today, which he did, to rule out uterine cancer.

He also did a blood test to see if I am in menopause. He didn't over-order a ton of labs and tests that were unecessary to inflate the bill. This also made me happy. I would likely have refused them.

The biospy was painful, but because of his overall attitude and good manners, I was relaxed, and it was over quickly.

He will be arranging an exploratory laparoscopy, and will act according to what he finds. If nothing is abnormal, he will not do a hysterectomy just because I want one.

If a cyst is still present, he will likely remove the ovary. If both ovaries have cysts, he will remove both. If the uterine biospy comes back clean, and even if he finds cysts, he will leave that. He said he will not take out anything that is not diseased.

He said that because of the fact that I already have osteoporosis, removing everything will hasten that disease, and make it worse, and women that can keep at least one ovary even after menopause, live longer.

However, he said if he goes in and finds cancer, he will call in a gynecological oncologist, and I asked him who. He stated his name, and I know of him, and I said good. I asked if they would do the full debulking then, or a partial and take me back later, and he said no, he would go all out, right then. I was glad for that.

So, I am to hear from them sometime soon, to arrange what is to be a day surgery. I plan on arranging this on a workday, so that I can utilize my Extended Illness Time Off, which begins on the day of hospitilization, if it is a workday. That way, I won't use all of my vacation time, which I have very little of, anyway. Normally, you have to use 3 days of vacation time, then extended illness bank kicks in. I will also arrange FMLA paperwork, just in case, if it turns out to be bad news. The last thing I want to be saddled with is FMLA paperwork post-op, if it is cancer.

He seemed very confident, and, he put me at ease. It's his job, I know this, but I took solace in that. We simply won't know until he goes in and takes a look, so that's where things stand.

I should be hearing something in the next few days. I will then go in for all the pre-op testing, etc. They are doing the insurance precert, first.

In the meantime, when I went to check out, I had my insurance debit card ready, and they said the computer didn't show what my copay was to be, so they would send me a bill. I was okay with that!

edit on 31-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Many years ago I had a cyst near an overy and my God was that painful. I was so terrified of operations I kept putting it off and suffered like hell with pain. It eventually shrunk or something and the pain went away. So yeah, it might be just that. Good luck Honey. I'll check back in with you here to see what's what.
edit on 31-1-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Yeah, they have been telling me it would shrink, absorb, burst, or go away since 2005, and I have been waiting ever since. The pain is so bad now, that I finally had to get epidural steroid injections just so I could walk. I couldn't even make it to the mailbox. My doctor at the pain clinic thought it was my back, as well as I did, until I had an MRI, and the MRI didn't match my pain.

That was when he suggested I see the gyn. Various things kept me from getting there until now, including a chest pain episode in October.

Anyway, I am on Fentanyl duragesic patches, Dilaudid, and Soma, for the pain, and the injections are wearing off, so you can only imagine how bad the pain is. It just got to the point I am scared to NOT have the surgery.

Thanks for your kindness, it means a lot, especially since you have been there, and know what it's like.

I will post any follow ups.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I was always terrified of surgies as I had only had my tonsils out as a child and no other surgeries, until I had cancer. You go in, they relax you, you have surgery, wake up and it's all over. No biggie. Just sucks as it is incoveniant. You'll be fine.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Yep, been through a lot of surgeries, over 50, to be somewhat exact. I was burned as a baby, only two years old, so I had 32 reconstructive surgeries by the ripe old age of 13. I also had tonsillectomy, tubal, and a couple reconstructions at 17. Some other surgeries for gallbladder, several back surgeries, and here I am.

Every time I get epidural steroid injections, it is considered an outpatient surgery, but, real, go in and put you to sleep and cut you open surgeries, I have had about 42-45, I guess. I have honestly lost count.

So many skin grafts and such, tissue releases because burned skin doesn't stretch or grow, and they add up. I generally could plan on 2-3 surgeries a year as a child, most of them took place during the summer so I didn't lose time from school.

The back surgeries, by far, have been the worst. I would say the thoracic fusion worst of all, but the neck fusion was bad, as I was intubated and on a vent for that. I woke up still on the vent in recovery, and felt it pushing the air in my lungs.

It wasn't bad until they extubated me. The sore throat and coughing up blood due to a difficult intubation made recovery difficult with a sore neck.

I know abdominal surgery is no fun from having my tubes tied, though. They inflate the abdomen with hydrogen gas, so assuming they still do that, the gas rises to the diaphram post op and puts a lot of pressure on it. I do remember that well. Took a couple days for all the gas to get absorbed. I also woke up during that surgery, so I have bad memories from it, to begin with.

Not so scared of surgery, just scared of the unknown. Scared of what the frozen section will reveal, and scared what I will wake up without. Or, with, as the case may be. Figuring if all goes well, 2 hours max, if not, a full debulking will see me in O.R. up to 8 hours, depending.

I know the gyn onco, and he's a wonderful doctor, so I am certain they have to work with his schedule, as well, in case.

But, I will let them worry about all of that.

Right now, I have been thinking of a nice Thank You card for my PA at my PMC office, as she was the only one to stop and listen to me, in literally years. I really want her to know what that meant to me. No matter the outcome, she was a very important person in all of this, and should be recognized. I owe her a personal Thanks.

edit on 1-2-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join