It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers Capture The First Image Of The Mysterious Web That Connects All Galaxies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
So....

How would this fit in with the debate between random evolution as opposed to intelligent creation?

Is there an intelligent, logical, "presence" in these discoveries?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

"Computer models tell us that those galaxy clusters are linked by long filaments of hot gas and dark matter — a mystery substance that we can't see because it doesn't radiate or scatter light but that makes up most of the web."

Not only can we not see Dark Matter- we cant measure it, therefore we have a computer simulation using partial date with null data to give us understanding of the bit "that makes up most of the web"...

I was going to make the same point. The image is computer generated based on specific theories of how dark matter should behave, theories which could very well be wrong. I don't doubt that dark matter exists, it clearly does form halos around galaxies, but it's a leap in logic to assume that dark matter also forms massive filaments between the galaxies.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Xcathdra
So....

How would this fit in with the debate between random evolution as opposed to intelligent creation?

As it has been pointed out this is a simulation so I do not think there is enough data to enter a logical debate about RE vs IC. People will either see something relevant to them or they wont and will point out what they see.
I think it is pretty cool running simulations, eventually they wont have so many unknown variables to work with.
Also this is not the first time something like this has been "imaged" from the universe.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

I don't think the discovery and the computer moddeling even warrant any discussion about intelligence or creation. We see (or at least imagine) the structure of the universe, as caused and shaped by natural causes.

As for Dark Matter, it isn't a complete unknown; it exerts gravitational force like regular matter, so its presence and influence can be inferred from that.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Woooow the universe is a brain and we are a peace of mind

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The image doesn't seem to show anything new....

However, "hot gas" means "plasma". Electrical charge on massive scales. Kind of reminds me of the Electric Universe Theory and the Birkeland Strands/Currents.

Interesting. The poster with "The Void That Binds"....that sounds like fiction that I can actually get into. Might have to look that up.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Xcathdra
So....

It certainly makes good on the continuation of the ages old mystical mantra of "as above, so below".

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
We live on a white blood cell in Gods brain. Sweet!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Or it may be in the brain of a termite at the bottom of God's garden...

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Not the first time ever. I have a book called the Big Bang never happened. It's written by a plasma physicist and he did users how electro magnetics and plasma are bigger reactors than gravity in the formation if the universe and that all galaxies and clusters of galaxies form on electromagnetic filaments. He even had several photos showing exactly what the ops article posted.

So I say its not the first time. This scientist in the article is about 20 years late and that this is not news.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
perhaps the CGI web like model is symbolic of the connections between dimensions of the multiverse
and not the fabric which connects Galaxies within our observable, material universe

see this article which physicists claim our Cosmos is a geometric Diamond pattern...
related reading: www.fromquarkstoquasars.com...

heck i always imagined that that box of movie popcorn had at least one popped kernal
which very much mirrored the shape of out material universe... i always set those kernals with a big hole in it into my pocket
as i imagined our 14 billion light year universe age was a result of only 'seeing' across the band of matter but not the whole oddly shaped universe (it resembles a pop corn kernal rather than a sphere or a 360 degree pyramid shape)

edit on th31139023068020112014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I agree as above so below. This same book mentioned that the plasma vorticies that make up galaxies are just scaled up versions of the exact same thing in quantum scales. It's all scale able.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I suppose this means we are like a pimple, pulsing away - on the bottom end of someone's neck. Would that make us significent or insignificant?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Awesome

More examples of As above, So below.

We may be simply some sort of part in a much greater and grander synapse

Very cool find

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That saying, "Sure booze kills brain cells....but only the weak ones!"....

I wonder if Earth is a weak brain cell?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

LOL

Maybe we are the 'illogical dream state' one.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ove38

Over the last year I've been thinking about that very question. I believe that the observer lives in this universe through life itself. All the knowledge that is gained from the brains of sentient life and organisms. The info, would be sent to the observer instantly via quantum entanglement.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It freaks me out. Wtf is this life?!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Or maybe we live in Satan's Brain, and that's why most religions say materialism (physicality - the universe) is not the true spiritual reality. It seems like The New Age religion is promoting the idea that the physical reality (the universe) IS God, even though most ancient religions says this is Creation.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Are you saying the world is an inter connected universe. Is this the Force that binds us, penetrates us. It flows between you, me, the rock, the tree.... okay, Star Wars moment over.

This is very interesting showing a huge inter-connectivity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join